Post-Game Talk: GAME #38 - Canucks vs. Flames - April 7, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
I absolutely loved that Sedin shift earlier in the game. Although no goal came from it, it was awesome to see.

Roy is also a ton of fun to watch. I really hope he sticks around.

I doubt it. I could see Detroit or stlouis making a strong offer.

JA

Roy line looked mediocre tonight :(

Hansen and Roy have no chemistry at all. I think they were both on the PK early in the game, and when Hansen had a chance to send Roy on a breakaway he kept it instead. There were numerous times when Roy was open and Hansen would instead carry it up, preventing the former from leading the rush and creating something offensively.

It's easy to see Derek Roy's talent and creativity. The team hasn't had a player with his type of game in a while. He made some nice passes today, and that shift when he skated the puck around in the offensive zone was a treat. It's a shame it didn't result in anything.

John Bender*

Thought the Canucks were back on their heals for large stretches here. That's very discomforting against a team as bad as Calgary.

Wonder if the entire board is still ready to do everything humanly possible to sign Derek Roy after this game?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Hansen on after hours? His voice alone is worth the price of admission.

A little bit of Jannik Hansen.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Great game from Schneider. The Canucks rode their hot goalie and took advantage of the other team's crummy one. Hope they bring a better effort next time.

StringerBell

Max Reinhart!!!!!

Who_Dat.jpg

John Bender*

Anyone think we should start Luongo against the Coyotes? Give him a few games before the season ends?

I think it's time for Lu to get a game. That said, the way Schneider is rolling, it's hard to take him out.

John Bender*

Yes, let's bang the alarm gong. Surely this is the first time a team has taken a bottom dwelling team with a depleted lineup lightly.

Yeah, the Canucks have been bringing consistent effort all year without any worries. This is a definate abberation. Anyone concerned about this game is a lunatic.

WestleySnipez

Christmas came early
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver. Duh.
Definitely think Kesler will be in next game. Lou should get the start to give Cory a break, then let him ride the rest of the way.

About the game: Team looked shaky in the first on D, the offense looked fantastic though. Defense really needs to be worked on. Only Garrison really did a good job, Edler, Hamhuis, and Bieksa all need to step their game up. Ballard we need in instead of Barker asap. Tanev was decent.

Roy deserved at least a point, shame he was held off the score sheet.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Thought the Canucks were back on their heals for large stretches here. That's very discomforting against a team as bad as Calgary.

Wonder if the entire board is still ready to do everything humanly possible to sign Derek Roy after this game?

Let's be realistic. Roy isn't re-signing here to be a 3C. The Canucks aren't going to throw 4-5M at him to be a 3C. This is a pure rental situation.

John Bender*

Let's be realistic. Roy isn't re-signing here to be a 3C. The Canucks aren't going to throw 4-5M at him to be a 3C. This is a pure rental situation.

I can see Gillis throwing 4m at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad