Post-Game Talk: GAME 37 BAH HUMBUG!!! - Whalercanes 5 BRUINS 3 FINAL

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If McAvoy normally sucks then sure, but I like Cassidy letting him go right out there again

You’re probably going to more damage benching your #1D after a few rare mistakes than letting him play and redeem himself

I don't cause he did a few times not once.McAvoy is no Drew Doughty and needs to be held unaccountable

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I don't cause he did a few times not once.McAvoy is no Drew Doughty and needs to be held unaccountable
Maybe lay some blame at the feet of his college partner, took Cassidy long enough to figure out they are a match made in hell. Going to great to have Chara back and he will guide McAvoy in the right direction. Can’t have two dmen playing like that ever again.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
What a horror show. Just finished the DVR. Why did I bother? The team played well for about 10 minutes in the first and then looked like a bottom feeder the rest of way. Tuuka should be banned from handling the puck. You stop it, Tukka, you cover it up. Shoot in? Let it go. Let your defensemen deal with, though today they weren't looking too good themselves. Now they have three days to think about what they did :laugh:

Bleed Black and Gold

Dec 16, 2018
What a horror show. Just finished the DVR. Why did I bother? The team played well for about 10 minutes in the first and then looked like a bottom feeder the rest of way. Tuuka should be banned from handling the puck. You stop it, Tukka, you cover it up. Shoot in? Let it go. Let your defensemen deal with, though today they weren't looking too good themselves. Now they have three days to think about what they did :laugh:
Preach!

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Well that was a whale of a game for the Hurricanes
giphy.gif

Reactions: BMC

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
This was just one pipping hot mess. In the spirit of the season I'll forgive them but sweet Jesus, this was unreal.

I think those 1st two goals came way to easy and everyone shifted into holiday gear.

This was a missed opportunity to say the least. Could have separated themselves from the Habs and gained on the Laffs and they accomplished neither.

Merry Christmas too all. Let's hope they are ready to atone after the holidays.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
That was seriously ugly. Not what I expected after the initial few shifts. Really needed Rask to make a difficult save or two. Can't expect him to cover for all of McAvoy's blunders this game, but again, that big save was missing. Team in front of him went into cruise mode, yes, but that timely save/saves were needed when things went south in the 2nd.

I know it's lame to gripe about 4th liners when you lose, but I really do not understand Noel Acciari. He sucks so bad. So bad. Even defensively and physically, he's a replaceable non-factor..... John Scott would be proud of his scoring line this season. There is absolutely no justification for his role or spot in the lineup IMO.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Also, kudos (not) to Jack Edwards for his totally classless remarks about the Hurricanes organization because Doug Hamilton wore #19.
I thought he sounded absurd.

Are retired numbers generally honored when a franchise relocates? They don't right? Retired numbers are really more tied to the city of it ever returned to Hartford.

I understand the slight discomfort but Jack was on the brink of some of his most epic rants.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
That was seriously ugly. Not what I expected after the initial few shifts. Really needed Rask to make a difficult save or two. Can't expect him to cover for all of McAvoy's blunders this game, but again, that big save was missing. Team in front of him went into cruise mode, yes, but that timely save/saves were needed when things went south in the 2nd.

I know it's lame to gripe about 4th liners when you lose, but I really do not understand Noel Acciari. He sucks so bad. So bad. Even defensively and physically, he's a replaceable non-factor..... John Scott would be proud of his scoring line this season. There is absolutely no justification for his role or spot in the lineup IMO.

In the spirit of the season Im not going to expand on what your saying but let me just say I have nothing, absolutely nothing to counter your statement.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
After the game Tuukka said something to the affect of "can't be perfect all the time." hahaha

Reactions: Dr Hook

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Nothing personal Noel...

...but you are not very good at hockey

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Not lame at all to gripe. The NHL has a lot of parity. You need as much help in the lineup as possible. f***ing ridiculous to have a player with 1 pt and no goals in 31 games playing on a NHL team hoping to make a Cup run. I don't give a f*** how many hits he makes or how much he hustles. He f***ing needs to be out of the lineup. The PK is 25th or so, Acciari is -6, and yes I understand why he is -6. I don't give two f***s. Kuraly can go with him. It's a f***ing joke that a young guy like JFK comes in and does really well and shows offensive promise but then sits. I fully understand Cave needs to be in the lineup because of waiver issues. He SHOULD be playing, but on the 4th line. Put JFK back in on the third line, which was looking pretty damn good and developing chemistry. The Bs have a ton of options for 4th line players since they have so many of that caliber player in the system, yet they choose to put a couple of the crappiest ones in the lineup night in and night out. f*** that shit. Good luck trying to compete with the elite teams with the kind dog shit players they put in. I'm glad these guys are wowing everyone with their hustle and pretty decent D. Plenty of players in the NHL can do those things. Top teams have fourth liners who can also do better than one f***ing point in 31 games. It would hurt nothing to try some different options and see what happens. It's sickening. The utilization of talent on this team and in the organization is sickening. From the dumb as f*** "creative" lines to the personnel being put on the roster, it's downright maddening. Go with talent, you dumbasses, and quit trying to be cute and overthinking things.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
What did Jack say about Hamilton? I only caught the 2nd and part of the 3rd.

Edit: Nevermind, I heard it.

Last edited:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I don't cause he did a few times not once.McAvoy is no Drew Doughty and needs to be held accountable

If Drew Doughty at 20 years old had to deal with all the issues that Charlie has had to deal with in his short career, I highly doubt if Drew Doughty would've been as good as Drew Doughty either.

Every player has a bad game, and I'm more than willing to have patience with Charlie and think he has the potential to be one of the best Bruins defensemen of all time if he can stay healthy and gets a better D partner.

...but only time will tell.

Bleed Black and Gold

Dec 16, 2018
Except for tonight Rask has been very solid since his LOA, but for the love of God...

...PLEASE stay in the friggin net and let the d-men handle the puck
Too right! Sure McAvoy took "season of giving" way too literally tonight, but we're still only down 1 when Rask loses his mind,yet again, and decides to handle the puck resulting in the second sh goal, killing any chances of a comeback.

Reactions: BBruins and Strafer

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Too right! Sure McAvoy took "season of giving" way too literally tonight, but we're still only down 1 when Rask loses his mind,yet again, and decides to handle the puck resulting in the second sh goal, killing any chances of a comeback.

first goal was on rask too a bit. he made an awful pass to mcavoy. and that started it all. hes just gotta stay in the net.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Yep. Rask is a veteran. He absolutely should not make that kind of mistake. It's not rocket science to not turn the puck over in that situation. That's a mental mistake where his head wasn't in the game. Even someone as poor at puck handling as he is should not be making that kind of screw up. I love Tuukka, but he was really off today.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Yep. Rask is a veteran. He absolutely should not make that kind of mistake. It's not rocket science to not turn the puck over in that situation. That's a mental mistake where his head wasn't in the game. Even someone as poor at puck handling as he is should not be making that kind of screw up. I love Tuukka, but he was really off today.
Could Halak conceivably get the next 3 starts : New Jersey and then Buffalo on Saturday and the outdoor game on Monday? Unless he has a real stinker on Thursday it is possible

Reactions: BBruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad