Post-Game Talk: GAME #36 - Sharks def. Canucks - 3-2

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Everyone wants him but you apparently. You're going a little overboard with the projections. Lots of players get ham stringed with multiple injuries and do just fine.. like back to 100%.

how about crosby he could be one hit away from career ending......Kesler is heart and soul and can't believe someone would trade him

Back in 94

In Gillis I trust
Jul 21, 2007
People need to realize we're running a team without an entire 2nd line, take the entire second line off anyteam for a prolong period of games, and i bet our team handled it one of the best. and we're also missing a key pieces from our 3rd and 4th line.

AV is doing status quo-ok. No coach can clean up the mess injuries has left this team with. (although i've hated how he has handled Ballard/Alberts/Barker)

For all the people beaking kesler, look how horrible our special teams is without him. He is absolutely vital to our PP, PK, and possession time.

Our team is fine. We just need to add a 3rd line center, 2nd line winger, and a depth defencemen to ensure that Alberts and barker never see the light of day. Our team is fine as long as Gillis addresses those three needs and the team gets healthy soon.

This. Good post.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Everyone wants him but you apparently. You're going a little overboard with the projections. Lots of players get ham stringed with multiple injuries and do just fine.. like back to 100%.

Not hip injuries... that's Keslers game right there and it's literally hangin' by a tendon. Too much risk for me... I'd drop him and get massive return while I can rather than risk him getting injured again and being stuck.

But that's just me...

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
how about crosby he could be one hit away from career ending......Kesler is heart and soul and can't believe someone would trade him

Well, as anyone who has spent years on the boards knows, a couple of losses and the self loathers and bandwagonners come out in full force to express their displeasure.

Dado

I'm amazed you could find 3 minutes worth of highlights in that dog's breakfast of a game. :)

Audio Outlaw

Jaded Sharks Fan
Aug 1, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Book it.

I would hope that behind the scenes the braintrust is acutely aware of the fact that this team needs some help. They need a sniping forward, a third line face off winning centre. They need help on defense - someone who can run a PP - get a shot through. You can't go into the playoffs putting Garrison, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Tanev out when you need a goal late in a game.

If Gillis could somehow pull off Boyle........that'd be a start.

Boyle is not untouchable. SJ would need top 6 winger + a pick just to even begin negotiations. Clowe is going to EC, the only way VAN gets him is if they overpay.

John Bender*

Is farhan devji legit? I know some people say he is, but i am still skeptical about that perry debacle last year he swore was an actual thing.

I can't see how Philly would do it. Snyder was just quoted last week as saying he thought his goaltending was good enough. Tampa is obvious, but Yzerman is on record as saying that he needs to find a young goaltender. Florida.........there is no urgency for them there. Toronto likes Lu, but per Mackenzie, they only want to pay with picks..........and 2nd rounders or lower at best - not what Gilly wants.

M A K A V E L I*

I'm amazed you could find 3 minutes worth of highlights in that dog's breakfast of a game. :)

My highlights effort mirrors that of the Canucks. I think we've both packed it in until Superman returns.

John Bender*

Boyle is not untouchable. SJ would need top 6 winger + a pick just to even begin negotiations. Clowe is going to EC, the only way VAN gets him is if they overpay.

I know Boyle would garner a big return...........but damn this team could use him.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Pretty easy to shutdown the Sedins when there is hardly any scoring depth right now.

I think it's pretty obvious teams have the gameplan to shutdown the Sedins and make other people beat them. Teams just maul the sedins when they have the puck knowing nothing will be called. Sedins need to run some picks and need the defense to get involved.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Moved the discussion of Luongo to the appropriate thread. This is the PGT to discuss the game. Any further discussion on Luongo and the TDL can go to the appropriate threads, please.

Squall

Mar 22, 2013
So I had to miss the game today. Sucks we lost. How was Jensen and Sweatt?

Mudshark50

Nov 25, 2005
NorthVancouver
People need to realize we're running a team without an entire 2nd line, take the entire second line off anyteam for a prolong period of games, and i bet our team handled it one of the best. and we're also missing a key pieces from our 3rd and 4th line.

AV is doing status quo-ok. No coach can clean up the mess injuries has left this team with. (although i've hated how he has handled Ballard/Alberts/Barker)

For all the people beaking kesler, look how horrible our special teams is without him. He is absolutely vital to our PP, PK, and possession time.

Our team is fine. We just need to add a 3rd line center, 2nd line winger, and a depth defencemen to ensure that Alberts and barker never see the light of day. Our team is fine as long as Gillis addresses those three needs and the team gets healthy soon.

Tough for any team to lose their 2nd line and 3rd center and still compete. We're getting killed in the FO circle without Kesler and Malholtra.

Also, re: the defence, why would you not play a big body like Alberts against a big SJ team. Barker looked lost and in over his head all night.

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
Not hip injuries... that's Keslers game right there and it's literally hangin' by a tendon. Too much risk for me... I'd drop him and get massive return while I can rather than risk him getting injured again and being stuck.

But that's just me...

Ray Emery to just name one.. hell, Comrie had 3 before he had to call it quits I believe.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
lol just ridiculous. :laugh:

Sorry, can't help agree and hindsight being imperfect, would have to ask how any sane Canuck fan could look at the past 2 seasons, the team's decline offensively and Kesler's fragility and wonder how badly you want to win. When was the last time a Canuck team sold a player at his peak? That's what smart GMs do... It's often unpopular at the time but winning solves everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad