GDT: Game 36: Red Wings at ducks postponed to 1/9/22 8:00 pm et (BSD+)

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
From the sounds of it, he will get the pleasure of playing with Gagner and Smith. There’s a 50/50 chance that he had a better chance of scoring on Tuesday night than he will tonight.
That's how you kill confidence, hope he will be in pp

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
The NHL really doesn’t expect us to believe there’s zero ulterior motive here, right?

Flyers on Covid Protocol:
1/3-Cates, Seeler, staff
1/4-Giroux, Provorov, staff
1/5-Konecny, Sanheim

Current Status? Playing a game tonight against Pittsburgh.

Ducks on Covid Protocol:
1/6-Carrick, Gibson, Lindholm, Lettieri

Removed from protocol:
1/6-Zegras (but planned healthy scratch)

Current status? Game tonight postponed 3 days…an amount of time that won’t even allow the new Covid positives to clear before the game.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
60b3kt.jpg

Not exactly sure what you’re trying to get at, but cool story, dude.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Did the Ducks have enough lead time to even try icing a reasonable roster?

Those taxi squad guys don't teleport to the game.
Taxi squad travels with the team, though I'm not sure how housing works for home games. I would have to assume the team pays for short term housing, some of those 2 way contracts don't pay much and housing is ridiculous right now.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
The NHL really doesn’t expect us to believe there’s zero ulterior motive here, right?

Flyers on Covid Protocol:
1/3-Cates, Seeler, staff
1/4-Giroux, Provorov, staff
1/5-Konecny, Sanheim

Current Status? Playing a game tonight against Pittsburgh.

Ducks on Covid Protocol:
1/6-Carrick, Gibson, Lindholm, Lettieri

Removed from protocol:
1/6-Zegras (but planned healthy scratch)

Current status? Game tonight postponed 3 days…an amount of time that won’t even allow the new Covid positives to clear before the game.

It gave them time to continue testing the rest of the team and confirm no more positives. Those who are infected are isolated and the game can finally be played.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
At the moment of draft in 2019 my choice was Zegras, I didn't know about Seider much, in 2020 it was Raymond, but just because we were good at rd , other wise it should be Drysdale.

Reactions: Gniwder

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Hoping our defense (RE: Hronek and DDK) can finally actually play defense in front of our goalie and stop chasing the puck everywhere and throwing the puck away when they have it on their sticks. Not exactly sure when we decided that it was a smart idea to leave the slot unprotected 75% of the game or have both D chasing the puck below the goal line or in the corner. Would love for the coaches to recognize that other teams are keying on the Hronek/Leddy pairing and constantly trapping them in the zone and creating all kinds of problems for us. It just feels like a flawed defensive system that's currently being utilized.

Reactions: Steve91

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
I missed last night’s game (maybe for the better) so here’s hoping the boys show up today and put on a show in California !!

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
At the moment of draft in 2019 my choice was Zegras, I didn't know about Seider much, in 2020 it was Raymond, but just because we were good at rd , other wise it should be Drysdale.
I had both Zegras and Drysdale, so now I have to watch this game despite the fact that the Wings are gonna lose 7-0 while getting outshot 70-12.

Defensemen are easy to trade, and Rezmierski is a really good defensive scout. The Wings should just keep stockpiling D and trade them, lol.

Reactions: lilidk

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
It gave them time to continue testing the rest of the team and confirm no more positives. Those who are infected are isolated and the game can finally be played.

You can try to justify it however you’d like. It makes zero sense that the Flyers played their game with more players on the Covid list on Thursday night while the Ducks had their game postponed on the same day.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
You can try to justify it however you’d like. It makes zero sense that the Flyers played their game with more players on the Covid list on Thursday night while the Ducks had their game postponed on the same day.

It's nothing malicious, though. This isn't some plot to screw the Red Wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad