GDT: Game 36: Red Wings at ducks postponed to 1/9/22 8:00 pm et (BSD+)

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It's nothing malicious, though. This isn't some plot to screw the Red Wings.
Agreed, they were trying to protect Wings players as much as the Ducks. It's a contact sport.

... though the Ducks are in playoff contention (start the Bettman conspiracies!)

Reactions: Bench

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
It's nothing malicious, though. This isn't some plot to screw the Red Wings.

Not screw the Red Wings intentionally, I think it’s just a bit preposterous, though, that the schedule makers and league officials are out just free wheeling decisions based on what makes them the most money. Now they get their Calder matchup they were hoping for, coincidentally on a Sunday in prime time when there’s no other games scheduled.

No, I don’t believe this was done to screw the Wings, but they were okay with the Wings being the ones to suffer the consequences of the League watching out for their own best interest. Something that they would never do under normal circumstances because of how the teams would receive it, but they can hide behind Covid reasoning right now, and they’ve taken advantage of it.

I don’t even mind the postponement in theory, but 3 days is comical. And I get they are trying to ensure they don’t have to schedule a random west coast game in the future. But if that’s the motive, then play the game as scheduled. Like the Flyers did.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I sit down to watch this game, puck is dropping, my wife, "oh no, Bob Saget died!"

This does not bode well.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Mickey is on the road trip eh? Guess his digestive system works fine when we head to California

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad