GDT: Game 36: Red Wings at ducks postponed to 1/9/22 8:00 pm et (BSD+)

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I just want him has less pressure from other teams. It seems like he has target on his back and everyone try to run him over. He was second line with Frolunda and next year he's NHL first line . Red wings rushed Zadina and now they are doing the same with Raymond. Seider and Veleno are different , both strong physically, can stand pressure.

That makes no sense.

Raymond is proving he's more capable than Zadina at EVERYTHING in the NHL. He's not a shrinking violet afraid of contact. Yeah, he's a rookie and some guys are taking runs at him but Raymond doesn't give a shit and still plays his game. He's been driving play, playing smart defensively, and makes his linemates around him better. Demoting him to a defensive line when he's been successful offensively is the opposite of what needs to happen.

Zadina wasn't rushed. Zadina is performing poorly for whatever reason, but it's not because he was rushed into the NHL. The guy is 22 years old now, has had plenty of opportunity in the AHL and NHL and his bad season is on him and him alone.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
That makes no sense.

Raymond is proving he's more capable than Zadina at EVERYTHING in the NHL. He's not a shrinking violet afraid of contact. Yeah, he's a rookie and some guys are taking runs at him but Raymond doesn't give a shit and still plays his game. He's been driving play, playing smart defensively, and makes his linemates around him better. Demoting him to a defensive line when he's been successful offensively is the opposite of what needs to happen.

Zadina wasn't rushed. Zadina is performing poorly for whatever reason, but it's not because he was rushed into the NHL. The guy is 22 years old now, has had plenty of opportunity in the AHL and NHL and his bad season is on him and him alone.
To be fair to Zadina, his "plenty of opportunity" prior to this season was 86 games spread out over three seasons and multiple COVID breaks (between him and the NHL in general).

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
To be fair to Zadina, his "plenty of opportunity" prior to this season was 86 games spread out over three seasons and multiple COVID breaks (between him and the NHL in general).

I think most of the issues with Zadina are mental. Yeah he could improve his physical tools as well, but I don't think that is stopping him from being an NHLer. Jumping back and forth from the AHL/NHL and then the covid thing did not do him any favors. I think this is honestly why Berggy hasn't gotten a call up. There is something to be said for getting consistent reps.

Ray I think looks mentally ready and has consistently. He does appear to be wearing down a bit, but that is true of most prospects that come from juniors or Europe. They don't play as many games, and they see a lot more physicality. I'm not worried about ruining his development by having him up.

Reactions: lilidk

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Which means he's had plenty of time to practice shooting, skating, and working out.
By that metric, any player who is drafted into the NHL has had 18 years to get NHL ready and has no excuse.

There is no substitute for full-tempo hockey at the NHL level. Practice will never be able to fully replicate that.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
By that metric, any player who is drafted into the NHL has had 18 years to get NHL ready and has no excuse.

There is no substitute for full-tempo hockey at the NHL level. Practice will never be able to fully replicate that.
Kids grow into their bodies, I don't think I know a single person that peaked physically at 18. Though I do know a guy that started balding at 18 so that was his peak in terms of looks.

His timing is off on one timers, his aim is off on everything. His skating still needs improvement plus he's weak and soft.

Look at Seider, there's improvement virtually every game because he practices. Look at his slapper. He's trying so hard he broke a stick yesterday, lol. Zadina's slapper has shown no improvement at all.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I don't think it's even necessarily a "demotion" to put Ray on line 2. Top two lines can play the same minutes. Other team can choose to focus their best defense on Larkin or Raymond, and hopefully either choice is the wrong one and the other capitalizes.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Kids grow into their bodies, I don't think I know a single person that peaked physically at 18. Though I do know a guy that started balding at 18 so that was his peak in terms of looks.

His timing is off on one timers, his aim is off on everything. His skating still needs improvement plus he's weak and soft.

Look at Seider, there's improvement virtually every game because he practices. Look at his slapper. He's trying so hard he broke a stick yesterday, lol. Zadina's slapper has shown no improvement at all.
At this point you are arguing against something that I am not saying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad