GDT: Game 36: Red Wings at ducks postponed to 1/9/22 8:00 pm et (BSD+)

lgrwmike

Dec 28, 2007
Deerfield Beach, FL
200.webp

Going out west for a few games, hope fully the scoring continues.

Red Wings vs. Ducks - Game Summary - January 6, 2022 - ESPN

Last edited:

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Curious to see if Zegras plays tonight, he had been testing positive for the 'rona for the last couple of days.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
January road trip to sunny southern California? Sign me up for 1-2 for the stretch

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Debating whether I’lol stay up to watch. Likely just monitor the first period on my phone for a bit.

Ducks have been exceeding expectations this year so this should be an interesting game. Hopefully Raymond makes it onto the score sheet to push himself ahead of Zegras in the Calder run.

Reactions: K1900L

redwings8831

Jan 16, 2009
Zegras learned a new position while in Covid protocol.

Not playing tonight though:

Last edited:

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I don't get how this makes any sense to postpone 3 days. The likely hood is that more Ducks will test positive between now and then. They aren't going to get anyone back, as it is still less than the 5 day quarantine. On top of it, we are likely to see the rest of the Wings squad that didn't test positive after Carolina pick it up. Unless they think there are all false positives. I just don't see how waiting 3 days helps.

Reactions: RedWingzz

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
From the sounds of it, he will get the pleasure of playing with Gagner and Smith. There’s a 50/50 chance that he had a better chance of scoring on Tuesday night than he will tonight.
Have the lines been posted?

Seems really stupid to sit Rowney after one of his best games this season, they should sit Erne who has been useless the past 10 games or so.

Rotate the scratch to whoever is sucking the most.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I don't get how this makes any sense to postpone 3 days. The likely hood is that more Ducks will test positive between now and then. They aren't going to get anyone back, as it is still less than the 5 day quarantine. On top of it, we are likely to see the rest of the Wings squad that didn't test positive after Carolina pick it up. Unless they think there are all false positives. I just don't see how waiting 3 days helps.

It doesn’t. This is a really pointless decision. Shows that the NHL still can’t get things correct, even if they are trying to do the right thing.

Reactions: RedWingzz

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Have the lines been posted?

Seems really stupid to sit Rowney after one of his best games this season, they should sit Erne who has been useless the past 10 games or so.

Rotate the scratch to whoever is sucking the most.

Doesn’t really matter at this point, but Rowney was going to be out with an injury.

Max Bultman was reporting on the lines from morning skate and said Zadina, Gagner and Smith were together.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Doesn’t really matter at this point, but Rowney was going to be out with an injury.

Max Bultman was reporting on the lines from morning skate and said Zadina, Gagner and Smith were together.
Ok thanks. They all skate and think at the same pace so it might actually work.

Maybe a little easier competition will help Zadina. He should be facing the 3rd pair D.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
bullshit...

there are teams have been forced to play with far worse covid cases, yet this one is postponed because...?

Now we play back to back, Saturday and Sunday.....

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Welp, lame. I was only going to catch the first anyway but I want them to get the games in.

Edit: I mean I guess Sunday being concrete is fine and it will get in, but now the boys have to play a back to back.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->