Post-Game Talk: GAME 36 HEE HAW - BRUINS 5 Nashville 2 FINAL

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Bergeron is the heart and soul of this team, but it was so obvious today how much he's been missed over the last 16 games. He simply does everything well. His vision is great and his release on the shot is as quick as anyone in the league.
After the game the guys in stripes went past Bergy saying it was nice to have him back. I agree.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
The Wagner - Acciari- Kuraly line is quickly becoming the new energy line for the team as they are in constant motion on every shift.
They also have been doing a good job on the PK.
It was kinda of fitting that Kuraly was rewarded with the empty net goal.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Nice win, I was skeptical about the the line choices but it clearly worked well enough. I still don’t like taking the top line apart but a win is a win
Are you referring to Marchand Krejci Pastrnak?

After watching the connection with Bergeron today how could the lines be questioned?

AM Bruin

The Early Worm
Feb 20, 2015
Out on a limb.
Yes he did.

Was anyone else surprised at how dirty and cheap Nashville played? Why would any NHL team employ Zac R.? He is a terrible player and dirty.
I never thought of Nashville as a tough team, they're generally a skilled team that plays hard. But they were prodded by Laviollete to play tougher and it came back to bite them. They showed that their toughness is usually after the whistle... Glad the B's made them pay

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I never thought of Nashville as a tough team, they're generally a skilled team that plays hard. But they were prodded by Laviollete to play tougher and it came back to bite them. They showed that their toughness is usually after the whistle... Glad the B's made them pay
Miller and Chara due back soon

Reactions: AM Bruin

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Aside from Watson...they’re a team full of fake tough guys...

Salamaki knocking DK over after the whistle? Lol.

Ellis...fraud.

Johansson....please.

There’s a reason why they underachieve every year.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The Wagner - Acciari- Kuraly line is quickly becoming the new energy line for the team as they are in constant motion on every shift.
Especially after having two goals taken away in the last several games.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
It really gets annoying when every time the Bruins win people talk about Grizz and McAvoy being outstanding. They were hardly outstanding today, especially a Grizz in his own end. You can bet that when Chara gets back that will be the first pairing that is split up. They were not horrible today, they were good but certainly not outstanding, McAvoy was by far the better of the two.

Well let me say it again then.

Puck retrieval, outlet passes, covering up for one another in their own zone, Pinching to keep the puck in, playing the body, jumping up in the play, their play was outstanding together.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
How can you have the hardest working bottom 6 guy out, that is so lame, the hate is getting old. Easy you put Heinen with Krech and Nordy back on the 3rd line, they have been effective. Travis Konecny is not available at all.

When Debrusk and team obtains a top 6 fwd...something has to give

Hardest working guy? They all work hard...

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Didn't somebody call a 5-2 win in the GDT? If so, well done.

Sounds like I missed an entertaining one. I have it recorded and I don't usually watch an entire game when I already know the outcome but for Bergy, I may make an exception.

Even though they're banged up, Nashville is a good team. I give the Bruins a lot of credit for not only winning but, pulling away in the third. The disallowed goal and tying goal by the Preds could've been a real momentum swing but it sounds like the Bs kept plugging away and eventually sealed the deal.

The team is almost back to full strength and looking like a threat. Hopefully they leapfrog the Sabres this week and close the gap on the Leafs by Jan 1.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Yes he did.

Was anyone else surprised at how dirty and cheap Nashville played? Why would any NHL team employ Zac R.? He is a terrible player and dirty.
I was just coming back on here to state exactly ^^^that! I guess losing has made them play like ***holes!!???! I never disliked them before and after the B's got eliminated I was pulling for them but never again after today.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Well since the players are adults and professionals I would have to believe they would tell him to pound salt since they would be the ones serving the suspension and losing the money.
Funny, I didn't see one player telling Lavvy that. As a matter of fact they did as he wanted. They played cheap with their sticks up and willing to board Acciarri. Of Course the refs both blinked at that time and must've missed it.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018

People calling for Acciari or Wagner to run people in a 2-2 game or 3-2 game don't get the new NHL. Either of those guys even comes close to crossing the line in a game that close is going to the box and risking a tying or go ahead goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blowfish

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Puck retrieval, outlet passes, covering up for one another in their own zone, Pinching to keep the puck in, playing the body, jumping up in the play, their play was outstanding together.
Dave Quinn is responsible for their pairing. He saw chemistry between them at BU and it’s carried over to the Bruins. They are both special players but together, they take it to another level.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
People calling for Acciari or Wagner to run people in a 2-2 game or 3-2 game down get the new NHL. Either of those guys even comes close to crossing the line in a game that close is going to the box and risking a tying or go ahead goal.
Acciari is the cleanest hitter in the league and I think it would take a hell of a lot to get either he or Wagner to really snap to the point where revenge comes to mind

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

Nice words, you make them sound like Orr and Park, let’s not exaggerate to much.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Big turn around by Kuraly in the last week after a rough start to the season. Since Acciari has returned hes been good and the guy he was last year.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Acciari is the cleanest hitter in the league and I think it would take a hell of a lot to get either he or Wagner to really snap to the point where revenge comes to mind

I don't think Acciari hits with intention. He's just really solid on his skates and takes what's given to him. I've seen Wagner go out of his way to make big body contact. I prefer that approach when you need/want to send a message. Still not an Acciari guy. One of the most limited players in the league IMO.

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad