Post-Game Talk: GAME 36 HEE HAW - BRUINS 5 Nashville 2 FINAL

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
His entire career has been tricking teams into making him the starter and then failing miserably.

Rask is a #1, Halak is an outstanding backup that can play 3/4 games in a row when needed. Don't fix what ain't broken.

The career numbers for Rask and Halak are shockingly close.

Halak has had 6 seasons where he started more than half his teams games. Rask has 5.

Playoff save percentage: .924 for both

Regular season records: Rask 246-144-55 / Halak 243-155-50

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I like heinen but hes a 3rd liner. Need a gamebreaker in the top 6

Nordy and Heinen are as a good as we have right now. Cannot trade till the freeze is over which is late next week. Unless they finally send Donato down where he belongs and bring back the quicker Bjork or try Senyshyn for once.

Krech was loving like with Marshy and Pasta but that is over. Krech and DeBrusk do not have chemistry this year. An engaged productive Krech is what this team needs for balanced scoring, hopefully a trade happens sooner than later.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Nordy and Heinen are as a good as we have right now. Cannot trade till the freeze is over which is late next week. Unless they finally send Donato down where he belongs and bring back the quicker Bjork or try Senyshyn for once.

Krech was loving like with Marshy and Pasta but that is over. Krech and DeBrusk do not have chemistry this year. An engaged productive Krech is what this team needs for balanced scoring, hopefully a trade happens sooner than later.

I realize that's all they have but both players have 5 goals or less and that's not top 6 production in the NHL. If the top line gets a tough matchup in the playoffs, they'll need a producing 2nd line

Reactions: nords1995

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
Nice win, I was skeptical about the the line choices but it clearly worked well enough. I still don’t like taking the top line apart but a win is a win

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

Halak has had 6 seasons where he started more than half his teams games. Rask has 5.

This is proof as to why the Bruins should feel fortunate to have two capable tenders, and they both are very capable of carrying a team for an extended period if time.

Reactions: Orr Fourever

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Didn't watch, as it's a beautiful afternoon in Texas and the Preds are my least favorite team to watch. And once I saw Sissons was out, I had no interest. Not that it would've happened, but if anyone on the B's wanted to Tom Wilson him after his pathetic dive that took Marchand out of the 1-0 non-thriller in 'crappy music' city, I'd have been all for it.

Just saw the highlights and the league should be ashamed for the overturned goal on McAvoy. I've seen some horrific disallowed goals go against the Bruins, but this one might be the worst of all.

Glad it didn't factor into the outcome, and hope the Jets stay on top in the Central.

Reactions: Orr Fourever

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Laviolette is the one coach in the league I could see telling one of his players to go and injure player x on the opposing team.
Well since the players are adults and professionals I would have to believe they would tell him to pound salt since they would be the ones serving the suspension and losing the money.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston

Ya but if you track his game record you'll end up seeing that he is lights out for a while, then when he takes on a true starter role he starts falling apart. There is a reason he hasn't stuck as a starter for any team, but all of us can remember watching him be really good for other teams. He can be brilliant for a while, but it tends to be a mirage.

Ride the hot hand, by all means, but Rask is a number 1, Halak is a borderline number 1 (number 1 on a bad team; even split on a decent/good team, back up on a great team).

I like Cassidy's handling right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad