Post-Game Talk: GAME 36 HEE HAW - BRUINS 5 Nashville 2 FINAL

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Ya but if you track his game record you'll end up seeing that he is lights out for a while, then when he takes on a true starter role he starts falling apart. There is a reason he hasn't stuck as a starter for any team, but all of us can remember watching him be really good for other teams. He can be brilliant for a while, but it tends to be a mirage.

Ride the hot hand, by all means, but Rask is a number 1, Halak is a borderline number 1 (number 1 on a bad team; even split on a decent/good team, back up on a great team).

I like Cassidy's handling right now.
Three games. Three goals. Three wins. Good things come in threes.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
In the arena, don’t understand Bruins overturned goal. Please help.

They figured the extra push by Backes stick after the puck was gone that shoved Rinne's pad further into the crease was enough. I don't really disagree with the call. Could've gone either way. Not bad by any extent on Backes however Rinne was prone at the time and it was just before contact with Backes.

What was funny about that play is that it sure seemed like Rinne was trying to dislodge the net a couple of times just beforehand so had kinda lost his setting and tried to sell it.

Not the worst call refs have made by any stretch as it could've gone either way.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I don’t have the words to express how happy I am that Patrice Bergeron is back! Sure didn’t take him long to pick up where he left off, did it?

Good game today all around, I thought. I’ll take 2 for 3 on the power play any time.

Congrats to Bergy on hitting the big 3-0-0.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Ya but if you track his game record you'll end up seeing that he is lights out for a while, then when he takes on a true starter role he starts falling apart. There is a reason he hasn't stuck as a starter for any team, but all of us can remember watching him be really good for other teams. He can be brilliant for a while, but it tends to be a mirage.

Ride the hot hand, by all means, but Rask is a number 1, Halak is a borderline number 1 (number 1 on a bad team; even split on a decent/good team, back up on a great team).

I like Cassidy's handling right now.
I don’t pay much attention to the other teams besides the Bruins but has Halak ever played on a team this good ? I don’t care what happened in the past but here we are almost at the end of December and Halak has played as good or better than Rask this year . If the playoffs started tomorrow, Halak would be my starter . That being said I wouldn’t hesitate to switch it up if he had a bad game 1 . I am sure Rask will have a good second half but he will have to earn his playing time this time around .

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Marchand Bergeron with 7 points and heinen 0?
People already corrected you on the heinen's assist but seriously go back and watch the first 3 goals and look who is in the dirty area on every one of them. Look who won the battle down low against Josi that allowed bergys first goal. Same with the drive to the net on the second.

It might not have shown in raw point totals, but heinen did exactly what he needed to do tonight.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I don’t pay much attention to the other teams besides the Bruins but has Halak ever played on a team this good ? I don’t care what happened in the past but here we are almost at the end of December and Halak has played as good or better than Rask this year . If the playoffs started tomorrow, Halak would be my starter . That being said I wouldn’t hesitate to switch it up if he had a bad game 1 . I am sure Rask will have a good second half but he will have to earn his playing time this time around .
It’s pretty obvious that Halak has supplanted Rask as the Bruins number 1 goaltender.

If the playoffs started today, who do you think would get the start in Game One?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Nice words, you make them sound like Orr and Park, let’s not exaggerate to much.

Actually I think they only played on the PP and Pk together but the Bruins would only lose once, in 10 games.
1975-Passing%20To%20Brad%20Park.jpg

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
they are playing very solid hockey and having 37 back is great and now 4 wins in a row lets head into the christmas break on a 4 game win streak. I was wondering how Bruce was going to split the lines today. I like Nordstrom game but not a top 5 winger, qnd love the 4th line if they potted some goals would be good.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Nice words, you make them sound like Orr and Park, let’s not exaggerate to much.
They are very good together. They were in college, they were in limited minutes last year and they are again this year. I don't know why you are making it sound like he said something outrageous.

Don't be shocked if they stick together and Chara-Carlo gets a strong defensive workload while krug-Moore get a bunch of offensive shifts. Have a hard time seeing who miller takes out of lineup.

Reactions: SoldiersOfFilth

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
They are very good together. They were in college, they were in limited minutes last year and they are again this year. I don't know why you are making it sound like he said something outrageous.

Don't be shocked if they stick together and Chara-Carlo gets a strong defensive workload while krug-Moore get a bunch of offensive shifts. Have a hard time seeing who miller takes out of lineup.

I will be shocked if McAvoy is not back with Chara as soon as he is back. Also quite sure when Miller is back Grizz will be sitting. The NHL is a fair bit different than college.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
they are playing very solid hockey and having 37 back is great and now 4 wins in a row lets head into the christmas break on a 4 game win streak. I was wondering how Bruce was going to split the lines today. I like Nordstrom game but not a top 5 winger, qnd love the 4th line if they potted some goals would be good.
Win tomorrow and then they play New Jersey at home on Thursday. Bruins look ready to roll .

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
If playoffs started tomorrow, I'd start Halak honestly.

I've never gotten the notion of a player being regarded as number 1 in a position irregardless of form. Surely the number 1 player in any given position at any given time is the player that is earning it? At this moment in time that is Halak so 100% if the playoffs started tomorrow then Halak gets the start. Long season to go yet though so a lot can change, bottom line is though the Bruins are incredibly lucky to have both Halak and Rask.

(In sports I played growing up, namely rugby, there is a rule that no player owns a jersey or a starting spot, they are simply borrowing it. If they don't continue to do justice to that starting spot then the next fella will come along. The belief is that a player who believes they "own" the number 1 spot in any given position will just breed complacency. A case of "the no.1 tag will do wonders for their ego but little for their performances" as an old coach used to say. Coming from that background I simply cannot wrap my head around the notion of how you could ear mark a player as "no.1" for something that doesn't start for another 4 months, especially in a position as vital as goalie! I still have a lot to learn about hockey it would appear.)

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Not to take anything away from their effort yesterday, but I hope that the B’s learns lesson from how Nashville played in their last road game before Christmas and don’t mail it in vs. Carolina.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad