Post-Game Talk: GAME 36 HEE HAW - BRUINS 5 Nashville 2 FINAL

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
That was a good game. I love chippy games. Nashville wanted this one. Not an easy contest facing a desperate squad.

Bergeron is simply amazing. Thinks the game at another level.

I thought Nordstrom was quietly really good. Maybe the best player on his line with Krejci and Pastrnak 5 on 5. Doesn't belong there in the top-6, but I really like his overall game.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
I agree we need a top six forward. We got the offence we needed tonight so I am content to see what these new lines look like for a little while

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I heard bits and pieces of the 2nd and 3rd periods while out Christmas shopping. Sounds like we're on a good roll and only getting better with injured pieces coming back.

What were the lines with Bergy back? Who anchored the top line?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Too many beers or can anyone else picture Halak being the starter in the playoffs

Halak's career trajectory implies that the hot streak will wind down eventually. But I say ride him as long as he's the hot hand.

It's not out of the question that he'll get hot in the playoffs again like he did in 2010 when he basically single-handedly eliminated the Capitals. We could even have a nice Moog/Lemelin thing going with them, whoever's hot in April gets the brunt of the starts.

Honestly I'd be happy with Halak starting 50 games in the regular season just to keep Rask fresher for the playoffs, because he's never been able to hold up after having to carry a 60 game load in the regular season (during the Chad Johnson/Niklas Svedberg years).

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Exactly

Marchand Bergeron Debrusk
? Krejci Pasta
Heinen Cave Backes
Wagner Acciari Kuraly
Donato Nordstrom

? = top 6, Marchand kind of clone is ideal. Nick Schmaltz, Travis Konecny would be nice
How can you have the hardest working bottom 6 guy out, that is so lame, the hate is getting old. Easy you put Heinen with Krech and Nordy back on the 3rd line, they have been effective. Travis Konecny is not available at all.

Reactions: Fossy21

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
How can you have the hardest working bottom 6 guy out, that is so lame, the hate is getting old. Easy you put Heinen with Krech and Nordy back on the 3rd line, they have been effective. Travis Konecny is not available at all.

I like heinen but hes a 3rd liner. Need a gamebreaker in the top 6

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Getting lost in the great return by Bergeron ,was the play of McAvoy, two more assist, got robbed of a goal and him and Grizz, were outstanding together.
It really gets annoying when every time the Bruins win people talk about Grizz and McAvoy being outstanding. They were hardly outstanding today, especially a Grizz in his own end. You can bet that when Chara gets back that will be the first pairing that is split up. They were not horrible today, they were good but certainly not outstanding, McAvoy was by far the better of the two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad