Post-Game Talk: GAME 36 HEE HAW - BRUINS 5 Nashville 2 FINAL

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The Wagner - Acciari- Kuraly line is quickly becoming the new energy line for the team as they are in constant motion on every shift.
They also have been doing a good job on the PK.
It was kinda of fitting that Kuraly was rewarded with the empty net goal.

Smith was a wake up call...I always believed this line could be impactful. I'm a big fan of Kuraly - constant motor and under-rated skills.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I've never gotten the notion of a player being regarded as number 1 in a position irregardless of form. Surely the number 1 player in any given position at any given time is the player that is earning it? At this moment in time that is Halak so 100% if the playoffs started tomorrow then Halak gets the start. Long season to go yet though so a lot can change, bottom line is though the Bruins are incredibly lucky to have both Halak and Rask.

(In sports I played growing up, namely rugby, there is a rule that no player owns a jersey or a starting spot, they are simply borrowing it. If they don't continue to do justice to that starting spot then the next fella will come along. The belief is that a player who believes they "own" the number 1 spot in any given position will just breed complacency. A case of "the no.1 tag will do wonders for their ego but little for their performances" as an old coach used to say. Coming from that background I simply cannot wrap my head around the notion of how you could ear mark a player as "no.1" for something that doesn't start for another 4 months, especially in a position as vital as goalie! I still have a lot to learn about hockey it would appear.)
3 months of hockey is a significant amount of time . I think the point is that what Halak has done isn’t necessarily a fluke . Sure his game might fall apart as many predict but what if it doesn’t ?

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
3 months of hockey is a significant amount of time . I think the point is that what Halak has done isn’t necessarily a fluke . Sure his game might fall apart as many predict but what if it doesn’t ?

I agree 100% with you. Upon reading my post again I think it might be easy to misinterpret what I meant. I was more irked by people still insisting that Rask is number one when Halak has clearly been the better goalie so far this season and insisting that when the playoffs come around Rask will "obviously" be the starting goalie. I don't think that should be the case nor do I think it will be. If Halak continues this form then he will rightfully get the nod come playoff time.

Reactions: gillesgilbert

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I was more irked by people still insisting that Rask is number one when Halak has clearly been the better goalie so far this season and insisting that when the playoffs come around Rask will "obviously" be the starting goalie.
I would be too (hope you don’t mind my chiming I’m on this...).

Who REALLY thinks Rask would or could be a better option in the playoffs? Unless Halak’s play really falls off, he needs to be between the pipes for the biggest games. I like Tuukka as much as anybody, but right now Halak is just playing better. It’s as simple as that.

I do think Rask deserves some credit for not being difficult about this. He seems to be getting enough playing time to keep from pitching a fit about losing the number 1 role.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Do people not see the press conferences? Tuukka didn't lose the starting job. He's injured.
Halak’s body of work so far this season has been better . Lots of hockey to be played and Rask will have every opportunity to be the better goalie and I think he will have a great game today but when the team has needed a big win this year so far Halak has been the guy to step up .

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Halak’s body of work so far this season has been better . Lots of hockey to be played and Rask will have every opportunity to be the better goalie and I think he will have a great game today but when the team has needed a big win this year so far Halak has been the guy to step up .

What does that have to with Cassidy announcing Halak is starting two in a row due to Tuukka a having an upper body injury?

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Did not see the spear by Hartman yesterday. But I hate how it was apparently blatant enough to get a fine but not a penalty in game?

Reactions: TCB

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Dave Quinn is responsible for their pairing. He saw chemistry between them at BU and it’s carried over to the Bruins. They are both special players but together, they take it to another level.
Great observation Alison!

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Did not see the spear by Hartman yesterday. But I hate how it was apparently blatant enough to get a fine but not a penalty in game?

That whole scrum was a poor showing by Nashville. Johansen had a chance to go in and get the puck and instead rode Charlie off. He wanted no part of the physical challenge. Then punches Wagner. ThenHartman comes in with his stick work. Pathetic punk moves.

Reactions: b in vancouver

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad