Post-Game Talk: GAME #36: Canucks 4, Oilers 2: VAN wins the Sam Gagner Invitational (and is back to .500 on W/L)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Watch the reaction of Bo on the Edler goal. The guy was just so pumped like in route to the cup, he just loves to win. I think hes gonna be such a winner for us when we get back to the playoffs. No quit in him and loves to win more than ANYONE

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Vancouver wins the Sam Gagner Invitational. The prize is a signed picture of Sam Gagner with a broken jaw (value: $0). Congratulations, Vancouver.

G3eeEQD.jpg

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Colour me extremely impressed. That was a very well played game by the Canucks - to a man, I’d say. Concerted team effort in a rock solid win.

Biggest props of all to Bo Horvat - he did supreme heavy lifting limiting McDavid to 1 shot on goal (by my count).

And nice to see the beat go on for Boeser and Pettersson.

Chalk up a victory where the key pieces of our future made the difference on the score sheet. Feels good, man.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Colour me extremely impressed. That was a very well played game by the Canucks - to a man, I’d say. Concerted team effort in a rock solid win.

Biggest props of all to Bo Horvat - he did supreme heavy lifting limiting McDavid to 1 shot on goal (by my count).

And nice to see the beat go on for Boeser and Pettersson.

Chalk up a victory where the key pieces of our future made the difference on the score sheet. Feels good, man.

Feh, and to think that mustachio prick Willie D thought BH53 wasn't good enough to be a checking center.

Still very glad we got rid of that turd of a coach.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
One of those dudes is coming to town on Tuesday
Whats crazy is theres a 2016 redraft thread going right now and Juolevi just got voted at 15th. I dont think many of us would agree he should go that high. I know theres a few guys who are still on the list Id take over him but i guess for other fans is still living on the potential he once had

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Feh, and to think that mustachio prick Willie D thought BH53 wasn't good enough to be a checking center.

Still very glad we got rid of that turd of a coach.
He was a super nice guy, maybe just an awful coach. Too bad, he could be like a good cheerleader but not a coach IMO

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Yeah I think at this point even the optimistic projections of Horvat at draft underrated him. What he's been doing the last couple months has been insane.

Thank you Mike Gillis.

but but but Gillis left an astronomical mess for the leader!

Reactions: MS

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Yes, it's great, although keep in mind that .500 is a moot concept with the league's weird point system. 21 teams are above .500, one team is at .500, and only 9 teams are below .500.

We're obviously a bad team still but thanks to Horvat, Boeser and Pettersson there is a lot to be optimistic about. All we need is a GM who can build around these first round studs and we'll be up at the top of the league again.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Yes, it's great, although keep in mind that .500 is a moot concept with the league's weird point system. 21 teams are above .500, one team is at .500, and only 9 teams are below .500.
Agreed,but Canucks looked dead and buried a couple of weeks ago.and have clawed their way back...so..small victory.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

Perfect for today’s millennials. Everyone is a winner! Can’t hurt anyone’s feelings by saying they are underachieving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce