Post-Game Talk: GAME #36: Canucks 4, Oilers 2: VAN wins the Sam Gagner Invitational (and is back to .500 on W/L)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
RVLauFQ.jpg

Sam Gagner Invitational Tournament

PHIEDMVAN
PHI-----
L​
L​
EDM
W​
------
VAN
W​
-----
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?

Look out Lars

Looking out for Petey to be rollin' past Molin. :thumbu:

...hopefully the Canucks can follow suit and win against these Oilers. Hitchcock coached teams bore the me to tears though, not expecting this to be a fun watch unless the Canucks can get a few on the board early to open things up.

4-3 Nucks?
Petterson with a hat trick, and Horvat.
...cause idk, why not? :dunno:

Though honestly, all this game needs is 1 point for Petey for me to be ok with it. Just hoping it's not a godawful boring game to watch... :help:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Hitchcock has been a revelation for the Oilers. It's good to see that they finally have a coach who has strong systems. Hitchcock really was the perfect fit.

Reactions: ujju2

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
This will be tough.

Our forwards will be as fresh as they can be coming off a back to back, but our perennially overworked defense and a likely-to-start Nilsson going up against McDavid and a hot Oilers team is going to be tough.

If the Canucks are going to take this one, they’ll need to score their way out of it, methinks.

Reactions: Ronning On Empty

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
If the playoff bar is 95 points, then the team needs 60P / 27-30 wins in its remaining 45 games to get there. Not optimistic about them walking away from EDM/TBL/WPG with a good record, but we'll see.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
If the playoff bar is 95 points, then the team needs 60P / 27-30 wins in its remaining 45 games to get there. Not optimistic about them walking away from EDM/TBL/WPG with a good record, but we'll see.

Come on you must be used to thinking your guy can win.
You're a Vettel fan

Reactions: The Poacher

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Great little run here by the Canucks,..but i don't see it this game.....3-1 Oilers

Will probably be a neutral zone slog, where neither team can string more than two passes together at a time...This is where you need a player like Pettersson to pull the rabbit out of the hat.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Oilers are 9-2-2 under Hitchcock.

Btw that Oilers D looks awful... those bottom 4 players are almost as bad as ours. Thats like 4 Biega/MDZ level players.

rickwiththe

Dec 13, 2018
Feels like a high scoring game. Unfortunately I think the nuck's might pull the short straw here. On the plus side, there should be a good chance for some EP points.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Welp looks like the Canucks have a good chance of taking the Sam Gagner threesome home tonight, looking like a series sweep
The Bean Pot would do itself justice to take notes on how well organized and promoted these mini tourneys are, from a historical standing
The revenue it generates alone is amazing, too bad it’s raking almost all the shine out of the world juniors

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
It is f***ing weird to me that Kyle Brodziak is on that team, as he was on the 2007-08 Oilers I saw 8 times in my first season as a fan. Too bad we can't bring out Taylor Pyatt, Brad Isbister and Byron Ritchie to counter.

Reactions: GoodBetterBoest
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad