GDT: Game 36 - Blackhawks @ Avalanche - 7PM - Watch 'Em Like a Hawk

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We know that.
I know I keep saying that, I'm just amazed how good the Avs 1st line is to have this team in 3rd place in central division and doing it all by themselves.

It is gonna be concerning thought because the 1st line can only carry the team for so long. Going into the 2nd half of the season, the fatigue issue and the teams already know how to beat the Avs, just limit the 1st line to no points or couple of points and you got them beat.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I mean, in that situation Barrie is probably thinking Grubauer has that puck. Any sane player would.
I'm mean Barrie is still a trash hockey player (ie, shin-pad on the powerplay after his toe-drag), but no way you can blame him there. Perhaps he could've sided on caution, but that's more Grubs than anything else.

I do think Grubs should get the next one, absolutely no faith in Varly, but Bednar will probably switch back and forth from goalers letting in floaters.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This is why we should’nt make a trade this year to “upgrade the 2nd line”. This team doesn’t know how to win and hasn’t developped a killer instinct yet.

If we had a second line we may have scored another f***ing goal. Our top line is overworked right now, and they're showing it.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
Ok so take back the soft goal Grubi gave up, then add all the sure goals that he stole throughout the game. Awesome, instead of losing 2-1 we lose 5-1 and get to watch the avs give up in the third. Offence was bad, PP was awful (0/6) but yes lets blame the guy who stood on his head for 59:55 of the game

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Man that was a beach ball w/o a screen, he fumbled it big time.
Patrick Roy let these in all the f***ing time. Shit happens and it's not related to his performance. You need to see the big picture here, not focus on him losing a puck that he had previously stopped.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Now we know how Hawks fans felt when they were good but would lose to the Avs because Varly kept standing on his head every game.

Reactions: MacBradley

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This is definitely up there in the ranks of infuriating games this season. Just a different way to lose for f*** sake.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Placing any blame on Grubauer in this game seems misguided IMO. The Hawks could have had about 4-5 more goals due to some terrible defensive coverage down low if it were not for some incredible saves from Grubauer.

Reactions: Avs425

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The top line has been so good since the start of last season that they're bound to have a bad game. It's just that tonight was exceptionally bad.
The thing is, I think they've been bad for few games now. Against montreal we got lucky with one Price gift, and the Landeskog goal wasn't ecxactly created by dominance.

1 game left before break. If I were Bednar, I'd mix it up good. Can't do any worse than today can they? MacK and Landy with JT, Soda with Rantanen and Andri or whoever. Actually, swap JT and Andri with eachother.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Honestly if the Avs were playing like dog **** every game I'd be way more upset about how this month has gone. They're genuinely playing well. And now they have goaltending. If Grubauer can get into a groove and the offense can go back online, they can really start putting together some wins.

The bad luck will run out, it always does. Maybe the break will help them reset and come back fresh without that frustrated mindset. You have to think guys like Barrie, Johnson and the top line could use the rest.
Problem is. They won't get a more favorable schedule than the month of December, and they are just pissing it away. 9 out of 20 pints thus far.

Reactions: BleedWell

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Since the Christmas break is coming after tomorrow night, I’d go ahead and play Grub against AZ. He’s playing well and gets a nice long rest after.

Good to head G should be ok, we can’t afford to lose more D

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad