GDT: Game 36 - Blackhawks @ Avalanche - 7PM - Watch 'Em Like a Hawk

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
These are games where we should run the score up, not pass the puck around until the time runs out. Frustrating.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Lol really? Maybe if the team scores more than 1 goal they will. How can you seriously blame this loss on Grubs with everything else he did, and everything else the rest of the team didn't do.
It’s just a prediction... I think Varly will be focused and motivated, and we will win.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Problem is. They won't get a more favorable schedule than the month of December, and they are just pissing it away. 9 out of 20 pints thus far.

If the offense is clicking like it's capable of, and the goaltending is working, then they can beat anybody. I don't really worry about strength of schedule with this team.

Since the Christmas break is coming after tomorrow night, I’d go ahead and play Grub against AZ. He’s playing well and gets a nice long rest after.

Good to head G should be ok, we can’t afford to lose more D

I was thinking this too. He didn't face that many shots tonight and Arizona's offense is anemic right now. It's a little risky though, I generally don't believe in ever playing goalies back-to-back.

Last edited:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
In Chicago's last 5 games, they took the Jets to OT, lost to SJ, beat Nashville, Dallas, and Colorado.

Not bad. They certainly put the effort in tonight. We should have won, but they didn't hand us the game. It could have been 4-1 without grub.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
First line with 0 pt for the 2nd time in the last 3 games. That's not good.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Last time we played Chicago was last season and surprisingly enough, Delia was in net for them. We won that game 5-0.

Safe to say he might have been a tad bit motivated tonight.

Reactions: hooverdam

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
f*** sakes where to start

1. Grubauer was stellar tonight. To the point where I kinda want to see him play tommorow just so he can redeem himself from that shitty goal. If he really wants to be a starter in this league he really needs to get those goals out of his system.

2. We deserved better. The hockey gods just had other ideas. The amount of posts and missed chances was crazy.

3. Our PP has gone back to the good ole bad days of Tim Army. The fact that they keep looking for the highlight reel goal on the PP is worrisome and down right annoying at this point. They lost every single board battle for a loose puck while being a man up. We can say bad luck, bad goal and all that shit but at the end of the day if we convert on one of those PP's we are getting a point out of this game. I've said it for a few GDTs now but I think JTC is better suited on that second unit. Nothing on him but that second unit needs a shooter and that top unit needs Nathan Mackinnon to be the shooter. Rewind the tape on tonights game and its the missed ops on the PP that actually cost us.

4. Send Nemeth to Wakanda. Garbage hockey player who takes as many dumb penalties as anyone else.

5. Tyson Jost another bad game. At some point he has to start producing. I like that hes improved some facets of his game from last yr but he hasnt really looked like hes about to bust out and do anything offensively of late. Inconsistency really plagues him. Im not on the trade Jost boat but I also want to see something on his stat line that isnt a minus.

6. Top line was a mess tonight. I know its a cheap excuse but it kinda looks like Mikko is tired. Whether its his minutes or wear and tear from having guys jump him im not sure. He looks alot more sluggish out there the last little bit. Mackinnon was skating well and thats cute and all but he needs to figure out when to turn it up a gear. His hesitation to shoot in prime scoring areas is whats bothersome with him. I know he took a ton of shots tonight but I can only recall 1 that I felt had a chance to go in. He did drive the net late in the game and nearly scored but he doesnt do it enough. Need better from them tommorow.

7. Do we really need to see more Lindholm? Get this guy off the payroll.

8. Really liked Kerfoots game tonight. Need more of that from him. JTC was also good tonight for us.

9. Colin Wilson got injured in such a Colin Wilson fashion. Hopefully hes not out long. Whatever.

10. Sven just cant score. I actually thought he played decent tonight and was able to create but getting anyone outside the top line to get on a streak here would be fantastic.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
So a nobody goaltender holds the best line in the league to 0 points after they're given five power play opportunities...against one of the worst teams and a DEAD LAST PK...at home. Team should be f***ing ashamed of themselves.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
So a nobody goaltender holds the best line in the league to 0 points after they're given five power play opportunities...against one of the worst teams and a DEAD LAST PK...at home. Team should be ****ing ashamed of themselves.
It's a classic Avs loss

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
**** sakes where to start

1. Grubauer was stellar tonight. To the point where I kinda want to see him play tommorow just so he can redeem himself from that ****ty goal. If he really wants to be a starter in this league he really needs to get those goals out of his system.

2. We deserved better. The hockey gods just had other ideas. The amount of posts and missed chances was crazy.

3. Our PP has gone back to the good ole bad days of Tim Army. The fact that they keep looking for the highlight reel goal on the PP is worrisome and down right annoying at this point. They lost every single board battle for a loose puck while being a man up. We can say bad luck, bad goal and all that **** but at the end of the day if we convert on one of those PP's we are getting a point out of this game. I've said it for a few GDTs now but I think JTC is better suited on that second unit. Nothing on him but that second unit needs a shooter and that top unit needs Nathan Mackinnon to be the shooter. Rewind the tape on tonights game and its the missed ops on the PP that actually cost us.

4. Send Nemeth to Wakanda. Garbage hockey player who takes as many dumb penalties as anyone else.

5. Tyson Jost another bad game. At some point he has to start producing. I like that hes improved some facets of his game from last yr but he hasnt really looked like hes about to bust out and do anything offensively of late. Inconsistency really plagues him. Im not on the trade Jost boat but I also want to see something on his stat line that isnt a minus.

6. Top line was a mess tonight. I know its a cheap excuse but it kinda looks like Mikko is tired. Whether its his minutes or wear and tear from having guys jump him im not sure. He looks alot more sluggish out there the last little bit. Mackinnon was skating well and thats cute and all but he needs to figure out when to turn it up a gear. His hesitation to shoot in prime scoring areas is whats bothersome with him. I know he took a ton of shots tonight but I can only recall 1 that I felt had a chance to go in. He did drive the net late in the game and nearly scored but he doesnt do it enough. Need better from them tommorow.

7. Do we really need to see more Lindholm? Get this guy off the payroll.

8. Really liked Kerfoots game tonight. Need more of that from him. JTC was also good tonight for us.

9. Colin Wilson got injured in such a Colin Wilson fashion. Hopefully hes not out long. Whatever.

10. Sven just cant score. I actually thought he played decent tonight and was able to create but getting anyone outside the top line to get on a streak here would be fantastic.
Couple rebuttals...

Agreed that the first line is not playing their best. But at the end of the day it's hard for me to criticize them when all of them are on incredible paces for production. They aren't going to play lights out every night, that's why we need the occasional night's where the secondary guys come through. Which we just aren't getting right now. The big guys will get it together, I'm not to concerned about them.

Singling it Sven for not being able to score is kind of silly when none of them really are. I feel we have guys with skill that can score, but they just simply not doing it. Like Sven and Jost. And got to throw Kerfoot in this category as well, though he at least makes more plays than them. Honestly I feel like we are at a crossroads with these secondary guys, it's time for them to either start scoring or they need to be shown the door.

I'm mean this year the secondary guys getting the goals are 3 guys Soderberg, Wilson and Compher. They have a nice 27 goals on the year the other 11 secondary forwards we've used this year have a grand total of 24. That's pathetic.

It's really time for guys like Ghetto, Jost, Nieto, Calvert, Kerfoot to extent we need more goals from him, 4 on the year is not good. Need to start putting up goals or we need to find players that will.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Couple rebuttals...

Agreed that the first line is not playing their best. But at the end of the day it's hard for me to criticize them when all of them are on incredible paces for production. They aren't going to play lights out every night, that's why we need the occasional night's where the secondary guys come through. Which we just aren't getting right now. The big guys will get it together, I'm not to concerned about them.

Singling it Sven for not being able to score is kind of silly when none of them really are. I feel we have guys with skill that can score, but they just simply not doing it. Like Sven and Jost. And got to throw Kerfoot in this category as well, though he at least makes more plays than them. Honestly I feel like we are at a crossroads with these secondary guys, it's time for them to either start scoring or they need to be shown the door.

I'm mean this year the secondary guys getting the goals are 3 guys Soderberg, Wilson and Compher. They have a nice 27 goals on the year the other 11 secondary forwards we've used this year have a grand total of 24. That's pathetic.

It's really time for guys like Ghetto, Jost, Nieto, Calvert, Kerfoot to extent we need more goals from him, 4 on the year is not good. Need to start putting up goals or we need to find players that will.
Not worried about the top line im just pointing out they werent good tonight. Also, I didnt single out Ghetto I added Jost in there. Kerfoot just got back from injury and he was putting up some good numbers before that. Calvert and Nieto arent here to score but I bet those two have more goals in the last 10 games than Ghetto and Jost.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->