Forsling - Seabrook
Dahlstrom - Murphy

Delia
Ward

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Hawks have won their last two in a row in the division, doing us favors. Let's hope they don't continue to play Central Spoilers tonight. Going to the game tonight to try and drown out the Hawks fans!

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
A few buddies coming over to my new house tonight, will put the game on when it starts at 9 my time.

Only one or two my friends think the Avs are for real, rest still think we are a ways away.

Hope to prove them wrong, so, ya know...

...don’t f*** me, Grubauer.

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Does Patrick Kane need a highlight reel play? Does Chicago need some PP goals to get confidence? Well come on down to the Pepsi Center and we can help with that. :sarcasm:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Man, even with Chicago being a bottom-5 team in the league and us being on the up-and-up, I still bet Blackhawks fans outnumber the Avs fans tonight.
It's usually about 50/50 in there by my reckoning. I go to a lot of Hawks/Avs games because one of my best friends is a Hawks fan, so we go to those games every year.

Over the Pants Landy

Feb 19, 2013
CT
Go out there and handle business tonight. I'd like to see our offense explode for 4-5 goals like earlier in the month. Get these two points, get two tomorrow and go into the break riding a little streak.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I wonder why Meloche has't gotten a look yet.
Bednar isn't a bad coach, but his roster choices always seem puzzling.

EDIT: Taking a quick look at just the stats for the eagles. It seems like Geertsen should've been the one to get the call up, but I haven't seen a eagles game yet this year. Is he not playing good? Leads the teams D in +/- and has 7 points.

Last edited:

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
EDIT: Taking a quick look at just the stats for the eagles. It seems like Geertsen should've been the one to get the call up, but I haven't seen a eagles game yet this year. Is he not playing good? Leads the teams D in +/- and has 7 points.

Geersten's NHL career ended this past training camp.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Bednar isn't a bad coach, but his roster choices always seem puzzling.

Yeah, stats don't tell the full story here. Geertsen is pure AHL depth, Lindholm is a far better option.

As for Meloche, I can see why they might not think he's 100% ready. I for one would love to bring him up this weekend to play against a couple of weaker teams to break him in, but he hasn't been lights out in the AHL yet either, so I can see why management is going with the stopgap.

I'm not a fan of Lindholm, but he does illustrate just how flimsy our defensive depth is this year with regards to injury callups. I was worried about this at the start of the season, but I didn't want to jinx us with injuries. At least the top 4 is relatively intact, but now with only two injuries we're down to the guy who should be our 8/9 in the depth chart ideally.

People may bitch about Barbie and Nemeth, but at least they're NHL caliber defensemen in limited capacities.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Playing scrubs like Lindholm against this mob is when Varlamov should start so it can be like the good old days

What sort of clown do we have behind the bench, exactly?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Won’t stay up or wake up for this one, hopefully I wake up to a 5 point night for Mikko, so I have something enjoyable to watch in the morning.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Pure speculation on my part but I'm convinced they just want one last look to see if there's anything worth developing with Lindholm. I don't expect him to still be in North America in 2019-20 anyway. The callup makes no sense otherwise.

I suppose they want Meloche to get another full season of pro hockey in before they have him push for a roster spot next season, when there very likely will be one with Nemeth (and possibly more) gone.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->