GDT: Game 36 - Blackhawks @ Avalanche - 7PM - Watch 'Em Like a Hawk

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
The only injury I'd be concerned with on the Avs is if anyone on the top line got injured. Seriously, other than MacK, Mikko and Landeskog, who has had impact for this team?

No one on defense has really had any big impact, goaltending has been mediocre and the other 3 lines have been pretty meh.

I cant say it enough how impressed I am with the Avs top line, to have this team in 3rd place in central is amazing.

Losing Soda would be pretty big. Other than that, no one because we actually have a pretty balanced lineup and decent depth, outside of a non-existent 2nd line.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Will repeat... Avs are the most exciting mediocre team in the NHL.

Find the play of the Avs less than mediocre. Constant looking at pucks instead of moving their feet. Is why I gave up watching the games and will check in for the Wrap. Boring, disappointing, lackluster, uninspired hockey except when fires get lit, by the other teams.

That would say it. Uninspired play. They have lapsed into the team that other teams want to play to get healthy.

Places an undue amount of pressure on your goalie. There is nothing more pathetic than watching Grubs make yet another stellar save while your teammates watch. That is beyond aggravating, this kind of pathetic play. Move your damn feet Avs. I would be embarrassed, and angry, by my play if I were an Av.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

Find the play of the Avs less than mediocre. Constant looking at pucks instead of moving their feet. Is why I gave up watching the games and will check in for the Wrap. Boring, disappointing, lackluster, uninspired hockey except when fires get lit, by the other teams.

That would say it. Uninspired play. They have lapsed into the team that other teams want to play to get healthy.

Places an undue amount of pressure on your goalie. There is nothing more pathetic than watching Grubs make yet another stellar save while your teammates watch. That is beyond aggravating, this kind of pathetic play. Move your damn feet Avs. I would be embarrassed, and angry, by my play if I were an Av.

Are you ok?

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Really sucks for Wilson. They ruled him out quickly and immediately called it week to week so it must be pretty serious. Time for the Jost-Kerfoot-Compher line now.

TJ - Kerf - JTC: I've wanted this for a while but Jost doesn't deserve to be rewarded with his recent play

AJG - Kerf - JTC: This is the opportunity to really see what we have in Greer and this is the combo I want to see. Greer is that grinder who can do the board-work but who also has the vision and skill not to be an anchor on the line.

Getto - Kerf - JTC: This is the safe move and I expect this combo. I think Getto is a better choice than Jost (right now) but Greer would be the best fit

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Lmao. Avs carried the play from start to finish tonight essentially. Double them in shot attempts.

It wasn't a lack of effort tonight. It was just an unfortunate lack of finish.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018

Find the play of the Avs less than mediocre. Constant looking at pucks instead of moving their feet. Is why I gave up watching the games

They have been much better than mediocre, but I suggest you watch the games if you want to comment on their play.

For some reason, some people think that the Avs are contending for a cup this year, and that they are falling short if they don't.

The team clearly has massive holes in it, and not only are they not a contender, they aren't built to contend yet.

They aren't at that stage in their rebuild, and having the hottest line in over a decade may make it seem like this is a team ready for a deep playoff run. They aren't.

Is the future bright??? Absolutely. I wouldn't worry too much about the Avs losing some games here or there.

They are on the fast-track to being a successful franchise again.

They haven't been good in what?...13 years? 14 years? Their last rebuild FAILED completely and wasted 5 years. They went after veterans to fill the holes, and it was a disaster.

You're just going to have to be a little more patient and enjoy the individual successes on the team.

It's the Mack-Rants-Landy show this year as far as I'm concerned.

Hoping for a first round win, but that's about it.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
No, the 3rd best PP "have to" to score against the worst PK team. 0/6 on the PP is far more to blame for this lost than the Hawks 2nd goal. If Grubi let that goal in every game he played but still played as good as he did i will take that every day.
No it was the weak goal which was the winner

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
I'm mean Barrie is still a trash hockey player (ie, shin-pad on the powerplay after his toe-drag), but no way you can blame him there. Perhaps he could've sided on caution, but that's more Grubs than anything else.

I do think Grubs should get the next one, absolutely no faith in Varly, but Bednar will probably switch back and forth from goalers letting in floaters.
On a b2b ?

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
Yep and when someone shoots it directly into his glove while lying down we can say " what a miraculous save "
TRL_sq1975_s70_sq8011_s61_4K_RGB_FIN_rgb.0.jpg

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I honestly thought Soderberg had a pretty meh game last night. Not horrid, but not good. He needs to be better in the closing seconds of that power play and know the guy is coming out of the box. He shouldn't have gone charging in like that.

The power play units--both of them--look broken right now. Compher is sailing shots WAY off right now, I'm wondering if another switch-up is needed. The lack of Compher on the 2nd unit is also making that unit look too slow for my liking. A lot of guys just standing still, especially Jost. Maybe try Jost on the top unit again? I don't know...

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I honestly thought Soderberg had a pretty meh game last night. Not horrid, but not good. He needs to be better in the closing seconds of that power play and know the guy is coming out of the box. He shouldn't have gone charging in like that.

The power play units--both of them--look broken right now. Compher is sailing shots WAY off right now, I'm wondering if another switch-up is needed. The lack of Compher on the 2nd unit is also making that unit look too slow for my liking. A lot of guys just standing still, especially Jost. Maybe try Jost on the top unit again? I don't know...

Maybe try Hayes or Stone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->