GDT: Game 36: Arizona Liquors @ San Jose Beers | 12/23/18 6 p.m MDT | FS-A Plus

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
San Jose gain all the momentum off that easy PK, and suddenly we're barely holding on. Great job fellas :rolleyes:

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Why do we always play this garbage overly-defensive hockey up a goal in the third??

It’s been going on since Tippett, and nothing has changed. Get up a goal. Then spend the ENTIRE third period getting peppered in their own zone. Unreal.

Reactions: Dead Coyote

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Why do we always play this garbage overly-defensive hockey up a goal in the third??

It’s been going on since Tippett, and nothing has changed. Get up a goal. Then spend the ENTIRE third period getting peppered in their own zone. Unreal.

Defend the Deficit is probably written all over the walls in the lockeroom. Hell, it's probably on their jerseys somewhere.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
iqPI9l7.png

This pretty much tells the story.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
At least hold on for a point, they deserve that much after two decent periods. Another 3rd period meltdown is so typical, though.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Defend the Deficit is probably written all over the walls in the lockeroom. Hell, it's probably on their jerseys somewhere.
Haha I thought “defend the dificit” was the joke we made when they would play like that down a goal? Like Tippett once said in an interview that they were “down one, and had to defend the dificit because we don’t want to be down two”.

Or maybe I’m full of shit and DTD was about being ahead the whole time.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Haha I thought “defend the dificit” was the joke we made when they would play like that down a goal? Like Tippett once said in an interview that they were “down one, and had to defend the dificit because we don’t want to be down two”.

Or maybe I’m full of **** and DTD was about being ahead the whole time.

You're right, I meant Prevent Defense :laugh:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Keumper looks like he shits his pants every time the Sharks enter the zone.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Kuemper played lights out, great win.
LOVED the game winning save in the shootout - snag and a flip of the puck for emphasis.
Galchenyuk had a strong game too, thought he might get the hat trick (unofficially, he did).

Reactions: Jmmack and doaner

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
LOVED the game winning save in the shootout - snag and a flip of the puck for emphasis.
Galchenyuk had a strong game too, thought he might get the hat trick (unofficially, he did).

The funny quirk in NHL's scoring is that, being the only scorer in the shootout, he gets credited with the GWG, and scoring two earlier, that adds up to a hat trick in theory, but in practice it doesn't count as a hat trick.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Good game, he bit on the backhand, goalie should know better. maybe this will get Galchenyuk rolling, that would be nice. Kuemper played like he was trying to keep his job, good for him too.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Or maybe I’m full of **** and DTD was about being ahead the whole time.

Wait, did that really happen? I thought a poster made that up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad