NW Valley of the Sun
Picard is my favorite Scrooge

Patton Scrooge is the best.

tumblr_inline_oinfda3nb31rzm9ho_500.gif

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I was born in time for the 1st season of TNG. (And that first season is my favorite season of the series. I'm an odd Trekkie.) Of course Picard is my favorite Captain.

Other than the original Kirk, I like Archer. I thought Enterprise was really good and getting awesome right when they ended it. I was so pissed.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
This again? Cause they didn't expect Hill to look so ready?

Makes all the sense in the world to me.

Way to connect those dots for us, pal.“This again?” Gtfoh.

Pickard hasn’t seen any ice in close to 30 days of being claimed. Splitting the net between Hill and Kuemper going 2-9 doesn’t appeal to being the best solution. Wouldn’t mind seeing what he can do.

Reactions: Lilhoody

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Kuemper was also banged up when we grabbed Pickard. Had Hill gone down as well then we’re looking at Miska and Madsen as our two goalies??

:eek2:

I get that, but why not throw him into the fire and see what he’s made of. Can’t be any worse than Kuemper.

Reactions: Lilhoody

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I get that, but why not throw him into the fire and see what he’s made of. Can’t be any worse than Kuemper.

Not sure why they haven’t put him in.

Reading Cat Silverman’s article in The Athletic a few days ago it seems Pickard tried to reinvent his game while in Philly and it ended up being a disaster. Since we picked him up he’s been working with our goalie coach to fix that. So the question is has there been enough progress yet to take a chance??

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Kuemper and Hill have played fine. Kuemper has an above average sv% and Hill better then that. We've all seen the 2-10 minutes at a time the team defense collapses and everything goes to crap. Throwing out a guy sporting Domingue level numbers in Pickard unless one of those guys is hurt doesn't make any sense.

And the complete lack of offensive support (2.33 GF / G since the win streak ended, league average is 3.06)

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
If we lose tonight with Darcy in net, we need to dress hill much more.

We are away tonight after having played yesterday, where we played a team coming off a game the night before starting a backup goalie. I don't think Hill is that much better than Kuemper.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
We are away tonight after having played yesterday, where we played a team coming off a game the night before starting a backup goalie. I don't think Hill is that much better than Kuemper.
This season stats say differently.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I don't know if Hill is that much better than Kuemper, right now, but Kuemper has a clear vulnerability in his lateral movement while Hill looks technically sounder to me. FWIW as I never played goalie.

Reactions: doaner

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
This season stats say differently.

The gap has closed significantly but I give Hill a break on that game where Goligoski decided to give away the puck 3 times in a period, two went in the net.

Hill has been responsible for a few wins by himself though.

But either way I don't see them as any part of the problem. We have league average ish goaltending, way below average scoring.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
The gap has closed significantly but I give Hill a break on that game where Goligoski decided to give away the puck 3 times in a period, two went in the net.

Hill has been responsible for a few wins by himself though.

But either way I don't see them as any part of the problem. We have league average ish goaltending, way below average scoring.

When have we not, aside from the beginning of last season when we had ECHL goaltending?

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Don't think I've ever heard the San Jose crew refer to us as the Coyotes. It's Desert Dogs or bust for them.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Sisko was the best Captain.

If they win tonight I would be impressed. It actually takes a little energy to win a back to back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad