GDT: Game 36: Arizona Liquors @ San Jose Beers | 12/23/18 6 p.m MDT | FS-A Plus

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I was told he is bad. Was someone incorrect?
Even a blind bull can score once in a while. Kuemper was good enough. I think that he could be much better with some good coaching. He has some flaws which I think can be corrected.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Even a blind bull can score once in a while. Kuemper was good enough. I think that he could be much better with some good coaching. He has some flaws which I think can be corrected.

For me it’s just his positioning. The guys is just out of position too much. The wrap around goal was perfect example of it.

He’s been serviceable. He played well today. Every player has their flaws and weaknesses. He played well today though.

I do think Hill has played better this year though.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
How about our boy Garland?!

Hopefully he keeps this up. Obviously it’s not sustainable but it’s been fun. The kid is the smallest guy by a far margin but his compete and his effort is always above the rest of the squad.

ArizonaCoyotes19

May 28, 2008
Winnipeg
hockeylists.com

Hopefully he keeps this up. Obviously it’s not sustainable but it’s been fun. The kid is the smallest guy by a far margin but his compete and his effort is always above the rest of the squad.

I've wanted Garland to succeed ever since we drafted him. However I have to admit after his first pro season, I thought the likelyhood of him ever playing an NHL game was slim. It's incredible to see how far he has come since then. I hope he can maintain a roster spot.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Nice win. Good to go into the holiday break with confidence.

I like Garland. When Hino and Grabs return I'm assuming he'll return to Tucson, which is a shame. We should send Kempe south.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

And get rid of one of our top goal scorers? I kid, but it's true. Panik seems like a veteran who's in the twilight of his career, but he's only 27. No upside from here. I'd rather give Garland and Bunting a chance to show what they have. Does Panik have any trade value?

Reactions: Lilhoody

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Panik set up both breakaways..... :laugh:
Panik is so under rated on this board. When he is engaged he is a very valuable player, but again, he is asked to play above his pay grade. Stepan, Panik and Keller works. I don't know how, but it does. Give them credit, and it also helps spread out the talent on more than one line.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I have been waiting for the one timer since he got here.
All three of his goals last night are vintage Galchenyuk. We haven’t seen that from him until now. I don’t know if he’s been outing too much presssure on himself or what, but I really hope he woke up last night and stays present. Keller feeding him seems to work. I think we need to keep the Keller-Schmaltz-Galchenyuk line together 5v5.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
And get rid of one of our top goal scorers? I kid, but it's true. Panik seems like a veteran who's in the twilight of his career, but he's only 27. No upside from here. I'd rather give Garland and Bunting a chance to show what they have. Does Panik have any trade value?
Panik and Kempe are better in the corners on the forecheck and back check than Garland and Bunting. Great that Garland scored, that goal was vintage Radim V, must have been watching tape. It will give him confidence now for sure, hope his play continues.

Reactions: MIG

cobra427

May 6, 2012
All three of his goals last night are vintage Galchenyuk. We haven’t seen that from him until now. I don’t know if he’s been outing too much presssure on himself or what, but I really hope he woke up last night and stays present. Keller feeding him seems to work. I think we need to keep the Keller-Schmaltz-Galchenyuk line together 5v5.
Agreed, hope that gets Galchenyuk going.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

His size might not be a deterrent any more in todays NHL. He is pretty crafty like Keller. Keller is a better puck hound on D, thats what Garland needs to do more of in order to stick. He has offensive skills for sure, fun to watch. Speed and puck moving are at a premium.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This, 10 goals. If that continues we will be a great shape. I do suspect the Avs and sharks took us lightly though.
Every time we beat a better team some one has to say this. Give the Yotes credit. The Sharks were rested waiting for us after we played the night before. We lose and all I hear is how bad we are. We win and then I hear the other team has taken us lightly. We have beaten a lot of good teams this year, but our inconsistency is killing us. I have no idea why we are so inconsistent.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Maybe, maybe not. Keller with Stepan and Panik like last year, looked good. Chucky looked good with Schmaltz. That allows us to spread out the offense on two lines and makes it harder for other teams to defend.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Maybe, maybe not. Keller with Stepan and Panik like last year, looked good. Chucky looked good with Schmaltz. That allows us to spread out the offense on two lines and makes it harder for other teams to defend.
Keller fed Galchenyuk perfectly for his two goals. Schmaltz has had great chemistry with Keller, too. I really don’t care about Dick Panik or Derek Stepan. I want the only three decent forwards on the roster going.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

"Garland is not so much a magician with the puck as he is a warlock with it, casting black magic spells to pull off unbelievable passes. He plays a lightning-fast game, is extremely elusive, and is entirely unpredictable with the puck on his stick. He’s capable of making passes that no one has ever thought about or seen before. His quickness is too much for his opponents, and his elite hockey IQ is simply off the chain."

If this guy was a GM he would have picked Garland 1OA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad