Post-Game Talk: Game # 34 Rangers @ Capitals - 12pm - NBC

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Our last practice was Weds... I do not care if we played 3 in 4 nights... there's no reason not to hold practice ( Friday) , even if its light. There's nothing the team can work on?

We're playing Washington twice, without practicing once. How is that setting the team up for success? The games were must wins.. torpedoed our playoff chances.

As stupid as it sounds..
We practice = we look good the following game.
We do not practice = we look like we did this weekend.

It still baffles me how this team consistently struggles with rudimentary hockey skills. Puckhandling and passing is a superpower. Only the Panarin's and Fox's can wield it effectively and consistently.

How does our PP2 look that bad? Seriously. How does a professional hockey team, with that much talent, look that disorganized and bad? WTF have they been doing all season? It's not even acceptable for Training Camp, let alone 33 games into a season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chytilmania

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Joe was even worse. The NHL is the only sport that glorifies dirty ass players.
I was really disappointed to hear how the announcers were justifying the head shots. The old nonsense palliatives like ‘he had already committed to the hit so there’s no way to ease up’. ‘The guy had his head too low so there’s no way to avoid his head’. I was surprised they avoided ‘quit admiring your pass, guy!’

Not to mention the loving camerawork and the fawning over stupid pre-game antics.

I mean, it’s not the end of the world. But i don’t think most people tune in for injuries and oafish clowning. But maybe I’m wrong.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Reggiet2

Jan 20, 2019
Our last practice was Weds... I do not care if we played 3 in 4 nights... there's no reason not to hold practice ( Friday) , even if its light. There's nothing the team can work on?

We're playing Washington twice, without practicing once. How is that setting the team up for success? The games were must wins.. torpedoed our playoff chances.

As stupid as it sounds..
We practice = we look good the following game.
We do not practice = we look like we did this weekend.

It still baffles me how this team consistently struggles with rudimentary hockey skills. Puckhandling and passing is a superpower. Only the Panarin's and Fox's can wield it effectively and consistently.

How does our PP2 look that bad? Seriously. How does a professional hockey team, with that much talent, look that disorganized and bad? WTF have they been doing all season? It's not even acceptable for Training Camp, let alone 33 games into a season.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying this team is soo talented? It's top heavy at best! Talented teams go 4 lines deep with 3 great pairs of defensemans. Besides Adam Fox and maybe Trouba, this defense is terrible and the lower two lines are brutal. Colorado, Toronto, Islanders, Washington, St.Louis, Edmonton, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Florida,...etc, are talented teams, the Rangers not so much!

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I don't know why everyone keeps saying this team is soo talented? It's top heavy at best! Talented teams go 4 lines deep with 3 great pairs of defensemans. Besides Adam Fox and maybe Trouba, this defense is terrible and the lower two lines are brutal. Colorado, Toronto, Islanders, Washington, St.Louis, Edmonton, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Florida,...etc, are talented teams, the Rangers not so much!

Florida is out there trotting out Radko Gudas every game on defense, and you don't even list Lindgren as a competent defenseman.

But yeah, 3 great pairs of defensemen are necessary for a good team :laugh:

What a joke.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Underachieving and/or not producing is not equal to a lack of talent. Your list has good-great coaches... We do not have that luxury.

We are performing like an average-below average team but our individual talent is at the top of the league imo. We are right there with Carolina and Colorado

This team has underachieved... All teams have weaknesses.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I’m sad you even had to explain that. But thank you for handling.

Oh aren't you clever.

I haven't been able to follow the last bunch of games but now that I'm caught up, I'll stick with what I said.

If he's fit to play then play him.

You going to treat him like a big baby because he was injured?

That's why players go hard in practice.
It's to make sure they're in game shape, Brainiac..

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I agree the Rangers need to shit or get off the pot on Shestyorkin and just let him be the starter, but there's no reason to play him back to back off of an injury.

Even with peak Hank playing 70 a year, that would have been one of the other 12.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Florida is out there trotting out Radko Gudas every game on defense, and you don't even list Lindgren as a competent defenseman.

But yeah, 3 great pairs of defensemen are necessary for a good team :laugh:

What a joke.
Radko Gudas is excellent :dunno:

I don't think you need three great pairs but you need not Hajek-Smith.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I agree the Rangers need to shit or get off the pot on Shestyorkin and just let him be the starter, but there's no reason to play him back to back off of an injury.

Even with peak Hank playing 70 a year, that would have been one of the other 12.

Disagree.. PLAY HIM

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

Agreed, but honestly Rangers shoulda swapped the games. Give Kinkaid/Geo the game against Philly and Igor yesterday

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's crunch time baby.
Play your horses and let the chips fall where they may.
We can always curse the NYR medical staff if he gets re- injured lol
Causing an inevitable re-injury and then blaming the medical staff is a bold strategy.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You cannot play even a healthy goalie Thursday night Saturday morning Sunday morning then Tuesday night nobody does that

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Of course you need backups but what if (and I am forever repeating this same question to you) it were the playoffs?
You generally don't play back to back in the playoffs and the last time our goalie was banged up in the playoffs, we started Raanta.

Game 1 in 2016.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Of course you need backups but what if (and I am forever repeating this same question to you) it were the playoffs?
Playoffs? With Quinn? Good one. This year is in the dumpster and I wouldn't want to risk a Shesterkin re-injury just to see Quinn get abused and humiliated in the playoffs.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
You generally don't play back to back in the playoffs and the last time our goalie was banged up in the playoffs, we started Raanta.

Game 1 in 2016.

When does your starting goalie ever not play in a back to back during the playoffs?

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Playoffs? With Quinn? Good one. This year is in the dumpster and I wouldn't want to risk a Shesterkin re-injury just to see Quinn get abused and humiliated in the playoffs.

Agreed lol.
Except the part about playing your #1 tendy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad