Post-Game Talk: Game # 34 Rangers @ Capitals - 12pm - NBC

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If he's 100% fit to play and confirmed by the medical staff?
He's not hurt anymore... Play him
It's not black and white.

And you talk about Quinn. If you were the coach, you would have killed Chris Kreider forcing him to play when he had the blood clots. And then blamed the medical staff.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Oh aren't you clever.

I haven't been able to follow the last bunch of games but now that I'm caught up, I'll stick with what I said.

If he's fit to play then play him.

You going to treat him like a big baby because he was injured?

That's why players go hard in practice.
It's to make sure they're in game shape, Brainiac..
Sorry. You’re right. I was being a smart ass. My apologies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
It's not black and white.

And you talk about Quinn. If you were the coach you would have killed Chris Kreider forcing him to play when he had the blood clots. And then blamed the medical staff.

They have legitimate medical Dr's on staff for a reason.
If he weren't capable of playing then he wouldn't be out there.
Then you add in full contact practice.
It's not like he isn't prepared to resume his role.
If he wasn't game shape ready then he wouldn't have been cleared to play.
What is the problem exactly?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Agreed, but honestly Rangers shoulda swapped the games. Give Kinkaid/Geo the game against Philly and Igor yesterday
Thought the same. Bring back Igor for the Caps. Let G have the Flyers and keep K away from waivers. But maybe the waivers thing isn’t an issue and they’re just going to juggle again for now.
If it were an injury other than a groin I might be more for playing Igor in back-to-backs immediately.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They have legitimate medical Dr's on staff for a reason.
If he weren't capable of playing then he wouldn't be out there.
Then you add in full contact practice.
It's not like he isn't prepared to resume his role.
If he wasn't game shape ready then he wouldn't have been cleared to play.
What is the problem exactly?
There's no such thing as "hurt or not hurt."

Guys have lingering issues that they can contribute through, but you would like to avoid giving them an extra load.

I just gave you an example of this. Raanta started game 1 because Hank had a health issue. Hank was cleared to play and he did play in that game after Raanta got lit up, but they preferred that he didn't.

You don't understand this because you've never played and you've never played through an injury. If you had, you wouldn't say the garbage you say.

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York

Guys have lingering issues that they can contribute through, but you would like to avoid giving them an extra load.

I just gave you an example of this. Raanta started game 1 because Hank had a health issue. Hank was cleared to play and he did play in that game after Raanta got lit up, but they preferred that he didn't.

You don't understand this because you've never played and you've never played through an injury. If you had, you wouldn't say the garbage you say.
Now you've gone and done it.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

I never played?
I've been playing and continue to play long before you've been alive.

Things are so much different and actual men are so fragile now.
Dr's have to make a legit diagnosis otherwise it's their ass so you can make up any excuse you want but if they cleared him to play, he's ready to play.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I never played?
I've been playing and continue to play long before you've been alive.

Things are so much different and actual men are so fragile now.
Dr's have to make a legit diagnosis otherwise it's their ass so you can make up any excuse you want but if they cleared him to play, he's ready to play.
I don't believe that. Otherwise you would understand the words I'm saying to you.

I had a baseball season back in they day (yes, back in the day) where I missed practice and wouldn't play defense but I would take my cast off to hit.

Is that "cleared to play?" And am I not hurt at all because I'm playing?

It's almost as if these situations have nuance.

Reactions: egelband

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I don't believe that. Otherwise you would understand the words I'm saying to you.

I had a baseball season back in they day (yes, back in the day) where I missed practice and wouldn't play defense but I would take my cast off to hit.

Baseball with a cast is a far cry for a professional hockey team with a full medical staff isn't it?
Uh.. Nevermind..I just don't have the energy tonight

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Baseball with a cast is a far cry for a professional hockey team with a full medical staff isn't it?
Uh.. Nevermind..I just don't have the energy tonight
I would like to think so, yeah, but the Bruins let Bergeron play with one of his ribs in his lung. I have my doubts.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

A goalie is not playing if his groin is not at, or close to, 100%. If something is tender, instinctively people will avoid certain plays. I haven't seen that from Shesty. He was doing his Mike Richter splits last game. Either way, I wouldn't have started him in the b2b

Everyone is dealing with injuries at this point. You can play through most of them. For me, pain and injuries went away during games or were at least, not as noticeable. After games is a different story.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
A goalie is not playing if his groin is not at, or close to, 100%. If something is tender, instinctively people will avoid certain plays. I haven't seen that from Shesty. He was doing his Mike Richter splits last game. Either way, I wouldn't have started him in the b2b

Everyone is dealing with injuries at this point. You can play through most of them. For me, pain and injuries went away during games or were at least, not as noticeable. After games is a different story.
I'm not saying he's still hurt but he just was, and we don't know exactly where his groin is at.

Starting a goalie you're invested in twice in 23 hours is dumb even if he's perfectly healthy.

It's a regular season game and we're realistically out of it.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Look. Quinn wanted to reset his goalie rotation because he wanted Kinkaid against a predominantly left handed Washington lineup and then have him available against the Sabres on 3 days rest as Buffalo is also a heavily lefty lineup. Kinkaid is .892 and 3.31 against righties but .910 and 2.67 against lefties Ok?

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I would like to think so, yeah, but the Bruins let Bergeron play with one of his ribs in his lung. I have my doubts.

I've watched Leetch break bones and come back out for another shift.

I've watched Richter actually fracture his skull.

It's the shitty part of this game but that's hockey.

You have to be able to play...Even with an injury..

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I've watched Leetch break bones and come back out for another shift.

I've watched Richter actually fracture his skull.

It's the shitty part of this game but that's hockey.

You have to be able to play...Even with an injury..
Not in a regular season game with a 24 year old in a situation where even healthy guys don't play.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Not in a regular season game with a 24 year old in a situation where even healthy guys don't play.

I just refuse to let this season go.
Even if they don't make the playoffs.
I just think there needs to be something to build off of and for that to happen at this point in the season, you have to play your best players.. Just my opinion..

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I just refuse to let this season go.
Even if they don't make the playoffs.
I just think there needs to be something to build off of and for that to happen at this point in the season, you have to play your best players.. Just my opinion..
We'll worry about this when we're not in a division with 5 of the teams who had the 11 best records last year.

Part of a rebuild is having something to build on, but part of a rebuild is also being realistic and protecting your players from tearing their muscles apart.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
We'll worry about this when we're not in a division with 5 of the teams who had the 11 best records last year.

Part of a rebuild is having something to build on, but part of a rebuild is also being realistic and protecting your players from tearing their muscles apart.

I get that but then on some nights I watch them beat the Caps a few games, run Philthy out of the building.
Backup goalie or not.

I watch the Isles advance with a much less skilled team.

I expect so much more from this team even as currently constructed.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I get that but then on some nights I watch them beat the Caps a few games, run Philthy out of the building.
Backup goalie or not.

I watch the Isles advance with a much less skilled team.

I expect so much more from this team even as currently constructed.
Consistency will come with experience and better coaching. Running your young goaltender into the ground is not going to help that.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Consistency will come with experience and better coaching. Running your young goaltender into the ground is not going to help that.

Better coaching would be a f***ing start but JG just don't get it.
Anywho.. I'm done for the night.
Glad we can talk civil once in a blue moon lol.
Gn

Reactions: Machinehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad