Post-Game Talk: Game # 34 Rangers @ Capitals - 12pm - NBC

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
That Trouba contract is really going to hurt in a long run. Have to trade some good players to pay a mediocre 2nd pair D. And I think flat cap has nothing to do with the fact that Troubas contract looks bad. Panarins contract still looks ok dispite the flat cap era.

And it's not like he has had no chances. He gets his pp time, ton of prime scoring opportunities, and nothing to show for. I expect Fox like point production or at the very least elite Defense from a 8 million cap D. It was a mistake signing that contract but we just have to live with it now.

They went from Dan Boyle to Smith to Shattenkirk to Trouba. Rangers are really bad at importing already in the NHL defenders

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Fox is calm and under total control.

Chytil is his opposite.

I was proud of the way the Rangers fought their way back into this game.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
You play Shesterkin because you needed to win yesterday. With a back to back today was the one we’d probably lose regardless. Have to play again Tuesday a back up had to play. That’s not why we lost we lost because our team did nothing for 50 mins. Again prob because they hate their coach. Totally different team in front of Quinn

Reactions: Chaels Arms

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
You play Shesterkin because you needed to win yesterday. With a back to back today was the one we’d probably lose regardless. Have to play again Tuesday a back up had to play. That’s not why we lost we lost because our team did nothing for 50 mins. Again prob because they hate their coach. Totally different team in front of Quinn

I don't agree.
If he's 100% fit to play?
It's time to throw this kid into the fire and let things fall as they may.

I do agree that this team is way different with DQ

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
I would have attempted to read this if there were paragraphs. True story. :D

you do you, mans gotta have a code. but not gonna lose any sleep over anyone requiring mla format on a message board to be able to read skipping anything i post

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I missed the game due to work.
Question.. Why did this knucklehead start Kinkaid instead of Igor?

Seasons half way done and he still can't get the goalie situation right
Did anyone else notice Shesterkin making some faces after that ridiculous save? Maybe he tweaked that groin a little...

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
3 games in 4 days is how a goalie re-injures himself. Quinn is a donkey but he made the right decision not starting Igor.

Agreed. I think Igor definitely needs to get more starts going forward but I think there's a nice balance between playing more and playing 3 in 4 days immediately coming back from a groin injury. The bigger issue is that Georgiev has completely shit himself to the point where Kinkaid has to be considered for starts.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Optimistically, I really am not so sure they need to move Buch by trade if they decided not to.

This off-season

Non arbitration eligible RFAs

Chytil, Gauthier, Howden, Hajek, can't imagine any big contracts there

Lingren, I think Rangers could decide to go longish term there at a good price if he and they are willing.

Buch is arbitration eligible, they could keep him for a year.

Shesty has a couple RFA years left, are they going to go nuts there?

They have a ton of buyout space ending, including ADA coming off the books. Also pending UFA they really do not need to keep, Smith, JJ, DGP.

Then next off-season again they would have choices between Zbad, Buch, Strome. If Kakko is still as he is now, not much a contract going there.

Fox would be the big one, they should try to sign him long term, yet it takes him also wanting to go that direction.

I guess overall, I don't really see the need to immediately trade Buch due to the cap. If Kakko, Laff don't light it up ever on the entry levels, why are they going to spend that much on them in their 2nd contracts?

Last edited:

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Optimistically, I really am not so sure they need to move Buch by trade if they decided not to.

This off-season

Non arbitration eligible RFAs

Chytil, Gauthier, Howden, Hajek, can't imagine any big contracts there

Lingren, I think Rangers could decide to go longish term there at a good price if he and they are willing.

Buch is arbitration eligible, they could keep him for a year and he'd still have a RFA year left.. Shesty is same contract status basically, are they going to go nuts there?

They have a ton of buyout space ending, including ADA coming off the books. Also pending UFA they really do not need to keep, Smith, JJ, DGP.

Then next off-season again they would have choices between Zbad, Buch, Strome. If Kakko is still as he is now, not much a contract going there.

Fox would be the big one, they should try to sign him long term, yet it takes him also wanting to go that direction.

I guess overall, I don't really see the need to immediately trade Buch due to the cap. If Kakko, Laff don't light it up ever on the entry levels, why are they going to spend that much on them in their 2nd contracts?

Don’t think you HAVE to trade Buch yet but if you can get back a top 6 C prospect such as Lundell or Newhook I think you do it.

Reactions: NYblades

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

They hate the coach and then tried at the end?

That makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: kovazub94

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
you think I care about garbage time goals by Quadruple A players? This team plays completely different with Quinn.

I love selective amnesia.

The Rangers could have easily been up 2:0 or 3:0 after the first and the game would have developed completely different. Did you sleep through the first or something?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Under Knob, Blackwell and Rooney looked like ECHL fodder. Quinn's first game back they're our best players lol. I think there might be something to that idea that Quinn's system works well for those grinder types.

Strome and Buchnevich are at PPG. Panarin and Zibanejad last season were at their best PPG production too by not a small margin. You mean these grinder types?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Once the rangers activate their defense, they are a different team. Yes we are young at the backend, but there is also a lot of talent there. He refuses to do it until we are down in the third. I realize you can give up an odd man rush the other way, but when it comes to the flow of the game and the puck possession the rangers have, the whole team looks way better and far more involved. I know we are young but he can’t wait until the last 15-20 min of a game to do this. Rangers had some bad luck, especially in the 2nd, but when your PP is so predictably bad, and everything on offensive has been stagnant for the first 20 let alone 40 min and you refuse to adapt, your shooting yourself in the foot. They could have tied this game if he acted earlier. Plus we are very young. Chalk it up to learning experience if you want, but IMO the coach has to realize the situation and change earlier then he did in this one.

Miller hitting rookie wall resulted in him stopping doing a lot of good plays in transition and offensive zone.

Haven’t seen a post yet that Quinn is ruining Miller but I will give it 36 hours.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Don’t think you HAVE to trade Buch yet but if you can get back a top 6 C prospect such as Lundell or Newhook I think you do it.

Maybe, just not so sure teams are going to trade those sorts, or if the Rangers want to go with more prospects who are going to take some years to do stuff. Seem more like it will be a RNH or Monahan like player coming back.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I love selective amnesia.

The Rangers could have easily been up 2:0 or 3:0 after the first and the game would have developed completely different. Did you sleep through the first or something?

you’re kidding right? They had 7 shots in 2 periods. That’s like me saying. I easily could have been a rockstar if things developed differently

they were horrific

Deleted member 23124

you’re kidding right? They had 7 shots in 2 periods. That’s like me saying. I easily could have been a rockstar if things developed differently

they were horrific
Agreed....didn't the announcers say they went about 17 minutes without a shot on goal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad