Post-Game Talk: Game # 34 Rangers @ Capitals - 12pm - NBC

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I just refuse to let this season go.
Even if they don't make the playoffs.
I just think there needs to be something to build off of and for that to happen at this point in the season, you have to play your best players.. Just my opinion..
If it were a pain thing, sure. Or even an illness. Fight through it. But a groin, for a goaltender, is a different story. A setback can end his season.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I don't believe that. Otherwise you would understand the words I'm saying to you.

I had a baseball season back in they day (yes, back in the day) where I missed practice and wouldn't play defense but I would take my cast off to hit.

Is that "cleared to play?" And am I not hurt at all because I'm playing?

It's almost as if these situations have nuance.
I was wondering what idiot you are arguing with and realize it's better if I don't. Why waste your time with a moron. He's probably going to tell you he's a pro player,he knows.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Thought the same. Bring back Igor for the Caps. Let G have the Flyers and keep K away from waivers. But maybe the waivers thing isn’t an issue and they’re just going to juggle again for now.
If it were an injury other than a groin I might be more for playing Igor in back-to-backs immediately.

think the thought process was the flyers was both the more winnable game - both from a quality of opponent measure and given it was the front end of a back to back, with sunday also being the 3rd game in 4 nights. and in terms of standings, granted at this point the margin of error is razor thin and any loss is a material setback, the flyers had to be seen is the more critical of the two to have if you couldn't get both. think either approach is defendable. didn't work out. but given how the games played out, i personally don't think it mattered.

Reactions: egelband

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Not in a regular season game with a 24 year old in a situation where even healthy guys don't play.
Of course, all of this ignores that Samsonov did exactly what we didn't let Shesty do. Play two days in a row? Never. That's crazy. What were the Caps thinking? Way too much soft here.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Of course, all of this ignores that Samsonov did exactly what we didn't let Shesty do. Play two days in a row? Never. That's crazy. What were the Caps thinking? Way too much soft here.

Normally I'd agree with you but not coming off an injury. Now whether they should have flipped games is a different story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad