Post-Game Talk: GAME 33 THE BEAR is doing a Sabredance

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I am sorry, but other than Lindholm getting his jump back, and maybe Coyle, I saw very little encouraging from that game. 11 and 74 floated quite a bit-again. Charlie MC got hurt-again. They made needless, dangerous turnovers by the dozen-again. The forwards, save Marchy, looked slow as molasses-again.
I thought it was one of Jakes best games in awhile,baby steps anyway.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Center #49 for pts. Oh look, that's a top 6C. How shocking! Imagine?

Peer group for that level:

Lindholm (1C), Kadri (2C), Couturier (1C), Eriksson Ek (1C)

Imagine living in a world where you're this wrong?

Players get into slumps. Then they get out.

Charlie coyle has only been on this point pace 1 other time in his career. If you want to believe he is all of a sudden going to change his stripes at this stage in his career you are free to do so.

Also the comparables you chose that have that production at this point in the season with context are hilarious.

misskrejci

Dec 28, 2023
I am sorry, but other than Lindholm getting his jump back, and maybe Coyle, I saw very little encouraging from that game. 11 and 74 floated quite a bit-again. Charlie MC got hurt-again. They made needless, dangerous turnovers by the dozen-again. The forwards, save Marchy, looked slow as molasses-again.
What game are you watching, it's was 74's best game in a long time...engaged, checking...completely different player

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Center #49 for pts. Oh look, that's a top 6C. How shocking! Imagine?

Peer group for that level:

Lindholm (1C), Kadri (2C), Couturier (1C), Eriksson Ek (1C)

Imagine living in a world where you're this wrong?

Players get into slumps. Then they get out.

He has been fine. I don’t think he is going to keep shooting double his career shooting percentage, though.

I don’t think his play style mixes great with any of the top six wingers on the team. He looks so much better with Frederic and guys who just want to keep it down low and crash the net.

He is getting his but neither DeBrusk or Marchand are getting theirs at 5 on 5 with Coyle.

Edit: if he was centering a nice high end power forward I’m sure it would work awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
We shouldn't speculate about off-ice issues, so I won't.

Is Charlie hurt?

Does he miss playing behind Bergeron?

Is he not in shape?

Is that team worst -7 in his head?

Something's not right.
He hasn't been great. I think he is playing hurt right now, but I don't know if that's a factor in his overall play.

Looks like a shoulder injury maybe, from a few games ago when he got hit hard. Kinda sucks, because it might be one of those injuries where he can still play, but at a reduced capacity, and shutting him down for a slew of games to get healed properly is not gonna happen, especially in the midst of a losing streak, even though that might be the best long-term course of action.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The disappointing part of the game for me was no response when their captain getsbloodied up .

Can't imagine that happening on any other team .
And, IMO he's probably really annoyed by that. He would go to the wall for anyone, any teammate but yet nobody does the same (not even for him, their Captain).
This is a new-age, different kind of player than he's probably used to going to battle with.
You know, a "one for all, all for one" mentality. Sure, on occasion they'll try to pretend to feign anger but this crew is just not that.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I'm pleased they picked up a win and beat up on a garbage team missing their star forward. The Bruins did what they should have done.

Overall, still not where their game needs to be.

I'm also becoming more and more convinced that Marchand was a poor choice for the C. As I always admit, I'm not privy to the vibe in the room or the interpersonal relationships they have going, so surely there's gotta be a ton of stuff I can't quantify in the captaincy discussion. He just doesn't strike me as the right type of leader, especially considering the two guys that captained before him. They go from the perfect captain, to perhaps an ever more perfect captain...to this?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'm pleased they picked up a win and beat up on a garbage team missing their star forward. The Bruins did what they should have done.

Overall, still not where their game needs to be.

I'm also becoming more and more convinced that Marchand was a poor choice for the C. As I always admit, I'm not privy to the vibe in the room or the interpersonal relationships they have going, so surely there's gotta be a ton of stuff I can't quantify in the captaincy discussion. He just doesn't strike me as the right type of leader, especially considering the two guys that captained before him. They go from the perfect captain, to perhaps an ever more perfect captain...to this?
Too short?

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Bruins with Even Strength Goals over the last 6 games:

Geekie
Carlo
Pastrnak
Frederic
Lohrei
-----
End of list.

Some notable names missing...

While there were definitely signs of improvement in their overall team effort last night...

A going/growing concern:

Bruins with Even Strength Goals over the last 7 games:

Lohrei
Geekie
Carlo
Pastrnak
Frederic
------
End of list.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
you know who looks amazing right now?
marcus johansson.
huuge mistake not keeping him.
coyle had big chemistry with that guy
Geekie has the same contract, I think? Statistically similar players this season. Geekie a bit bigger and a bit younger. I can see why they made the decision they did. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it's not an irrational decision by any means.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Geekie has the same contract, I think? Statistically similar players this season. Geekie a bit bigger and a bit younger. I can see why they made the decision they did. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it's not an irrational decision by any means.
i like geekie.
johansson tho they shouldve kept him back in 2019. coyle looked his best with him on the wing.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
marcus johansson.
Que? He has 4 goals on the year, and three of those are in the last 5 games. 18 points in 33 games, 6 in the last 5 games. He’s been very disappointing this year to Wild fans.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Who is on the unofficial injury list (playing injured)

Lindholm might be healed ,we'll see

Mac ,shoulder

Pasta ?

Who else ?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
marcus johansson.

Decent enough player but since his first longer stint with the Caps he's been shopped to the Devils, Bruins, Sabres, Wild, Kraken, back to the Caps, then back to the Wild. Nobody's held on to him for more than 2 years. Doesn't really suggest a guy that coaches and GMs love. Again, good enough for what he is, but not a 'move the needle' guy IMO.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
marcus johansson.

Johansson is the ultimate deadline add guy. Can slot in on any line and not look out of place. A little Rich Peverley-ish.

That being said, you’re talking about a guy who is oft injured and has scored a whopping 4 goals so far this season. And you’re talking about him having chemistry with a guy who is himself being thrust into playing in a position arguably above his skill level.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
marcus johansson.
Not sure they should have kept him depending on what the cost would have been. Don’t recall.

I am happy, though,with the recognition of Sweeney’s strong moves to improve the team for the playoffs. He’s been excellent in that regard multiple times.

So for me wanna talk should? What they SHOULD have done is win the cup after Sweeney made those solid moves. He did his part.

Reactions: KWbruin and Gordoff

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
The game actually looked fairly even; but the B's dominated special teams play. Even Levi made some nice saves, stopping breakwaways from Marchand and Pastrnak.

Wotherspoon, as the 7th/8th defenseman, fills the role. And it's nice having a bit of size on the backend.

National broadcasts are grating, with a color analyst and rinkside reporter, both trying to justify their jobs, by yapping incessantly while the puck is in play.

Props to the organist in Buffalo, mixing in Since You've Been Gone by Rainbow, and I'm Still Standing by Elton John.

It's been over ten years, but whenever I see Colby Armstrong, I have fond memories of Dennis Seidenberg. Age-restricted - way to go, Seids! ;)

Loved Seidenberg. But what really stood out to me was how coherent Jack Edwards was. Those were the days 😢

Reactions: BradMarchandismydad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad