1703735358812.png

1703735309959.png

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Great win coming off a string of bad games. Everybody was engaged and ready to go. Nobody was taking a shift off. And we needed that. Great to see coming off the break and going almost into the new year.

Lots of things to work on still, but we needed to win, and we did just that. Big props to Monty and the boys. They responded.

You already know the drill!
giphy.gif

Cue the music

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
I see only one glaring need and it’s their left side D

Get Hanny and they are a 115 point team

I’m reading how dysfunctional they are here

hilarious
The only left side D they need is a healthy Lindholm. I’d prefer to use whatever we would pay for Hanifin on a little bit more offensive firepower.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The game actually looked fairly even; but the B's dominated special teams play. Even Levi made some nice saves, stopping breakwaways from Marchand and Pastrnak.

Wotherspoon, as the 7th/8th defenseman, fills the role. And it's nice having a bit of size on the backend.

National broadcasts are grating, with a color analyst and rinkside reporter, both trying to justify their jobs, by yapping incessantly while the puck is in play.

Props to the organist in Buffalo, mixing in Since You've Been Gone by Rainbow, and I'm Still Standing by Elton John.

It's been over ten years, but whenever I see Colby Armstrong, I have fond memories of Dennis Seidenberg. Age-restricted - way to go, Seids! ;)

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Randoms:

- Bruins won the special teams battle. Great to see the PP find some life. Mostly off the rush and a lucky bounce or two rather than cycling the puck and opening up the opposition through their passing game, but still, good to see. PK was very solid and showed desperation in blocking shots, winning pucks and clearing the zone.

- Coyle needed a game like that. Not only been quiet on the scoreboard in the last couple of weeks but also had little impact on games in general. Hopefully this will give him some confidence. Couple of good apples for DeBrusk too. He needs goals more than anything, but still, some smart proactive play was positive.

- When McAvoy was on the ice, 5v5 the Bruins had 7 shot attempts to 23, 3 shots on target to 9, 0 high danger chances to 4. Yuck. Charlie made a fantastic save on that puck behind Swayman's back, otherwise this was one to forget for him. At least Lindholm had a good night.

- 4th line battled, showed a little bit of spite, but even for a bottom line, a 17% CF in just 6 mins TOI, plus the goal against, is not a great return. Brown gets picked over a prospect because coaches will mostly prefer predictability over higher risk/reward in their bottom 6, and he's inoffensive enough, but still, would prefer to see someone else. Not really sure why Steen was scratched.

- Boston had a bit more urgency and zip in this game compared to the last couple, but they didn't really impress much 5v5. Buffalo was Tage-less and pretty sloppy, and yet still probably split the general play about 50/50 with the Bs. One goal each at even strength was probably a fair reflection. Can argue of course that the Bruins didn't need to press things too hard given they led throughout, and they're coming off a break with little practice, but at the same time I don't think this told us too much about where they're really at coming off their patchy last few weeks. NJ on Saturday will perhaps give a truer picture, even though they'll be playing on a b2b plus travel. Regardless, nice to get a solid win here.

Last edited:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
That was a fun game, it's been a while. The Bruins looked much more confident, it never felt like they were going to blow the lead. I think the break did the boys a lot of good. Having time with their families and getting a mental break may have been just what they needed at this point.

Wow, lots of games coming up - January is brutal. Hopefully they can stay relatively healthy.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Buffalo sucks.

The forward group will, at times, show glimmers.

However, come playoff time, teams will match up against Pastrnak to shut him down and the Bruins have little else up front to keep their opponents from doing so.

Still, since this is the path they’ve chosen as an organization, I guess I’ll take the wins as they come.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad