Post-Game Talk: GAME 33 THE BEAR is doing a Sabredance

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Buffalo sucks.

The forward group will, at times, show glimmers.

However, come playoff time, teams will match up against Pastrnak to shut him down and the Bruins have little else up front to keep their opponents from doing so.

Still, since this is the path they’ve chosen as an organization, I guess I’ll take the wins as they come.
they were missing thompson. without all those pps they had its prob a totally different game with him in there.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
TWO pages? Yo are people still drunk on eggnog?

Charlie Coyle is not a top 6 player...

eventually maybe it will become true?

Btw this was the first game in a minute where I was saying "wow Debrusk" a lot. On little smart plays too, nothing fancy. Just really good effort and hard skating. Keep that up kid.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Btw this was the first game in a minute where I was saying "wow Debrusk" a lot. On little smart plays too, nothing fancy. Just really good effort and hard skating. Keep that up kid.
Hey Dad, Santa put a shot of confidence in my stocking this year!

1703771549608.png

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
TWO pages? Yo are people still drunk on eggnog?

eventually maybe it will become true?

I like Coyle.

He had a great game.

He’s better slotted as a 3rd line center than a 2nd line center.

He’ll give you some offense at times. It’s nice when it happens. But I’m not counting on it in the playoffs.

They’re short a piece or two in the top 6.

In a cap league, you’re going to have holes.
It is what it is.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The game actually looked fairly even; but the B's dominated special teams play. Even Levi made some nice saves, stopping breakwaways from Marchand and Pastrnak.

Wotherspoon, as the 7th/8th defenseman, fills the role. And it's nice having a bit of size on the backend.

National broadcasts are grating, with a color analyst and rinkside reporter, both trying to justify their jobs, by yapping incessantly while the puck is in play.

Props to the organist in Buffalo, mixing in Since You've Been Gone by Rainbow, and I'm Still Standing by Elton John.

It's been over ten years, but whenever I see Colby Armstrong, I have fond memories of Dennis Seidenberg. Age-restricted - way to go, Seids! ;)

Yes, the 3 person crews are so unnecessary.

At the end of day, it’s a hockey game. There’s not that much to work with in terms of a “story”, no matter how many cliches and generalizations an analyst sprinkles in. The idea that anything is gained from throwing in yet another person is silly.

I always find myself being annoyed by rinkside analysts but I’m starting to figure out that I don’t think it has anything to do with the person actually doing it. It’s the job itself. There’s nothing being added by someone telling me they can see a player is frustrated on the bench after missing on a breakaway.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I like Coyle.

He had a great game.

He’s better slotted as a 3rd line center than a 2nd line center.

He’ll give you some offense at times. It’s nice when it happens. But I’m not counting on it in the playoffs.

They’re short a piece or two in the top 6.

In a cap league, you’re going to have holes.
It is what it is.

Pasta would also look real good as a 3RW compared to the ones on third lines....

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Does it ?

Vegas just got hammered by SJ

islanders lost 7-0 to Penguins

Kane is savior Red Wings can only beat Bruins

Colorado blew 4-0 lead last night

Everything is possible in NHL these days so it may look tough but they could do very well

And Kris Letang had 5 assists in one period. Finished the night with 6 assists and a +6.

The game actually looked fairly even; but the B's dominated special teams play. Even Levi made some nice saves, stopping breakwaways from Marchand and Pastrnak.

Wotherspoon, as the 7th/8th defenseman, fills the role. And it's nice having a bit of size on the backend.

National broadcasts are grating, with a color analyst and rinkside reporter, both trying to justify their jobs, by yapping incessantly while the puck is in play.

Props to the organist in Buffalo, mixing in Since You've Been Gone by Rainbow, and I'm Still Standing by Elton John.

It's been over ten years, but whenever I see Colby Armstrong, I have fond memories of Dennis Seidenberg. Age-restricted - way to go, Seids! ;)

Wotherspoon is 6'1", 190. Plays bigger, though.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
2 pages? Come on people. That was a great win I want zacha to stay on the wing. I want Poitras on the right side

63-39-74
18-13-88
21-11-51
94-19-43

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
- Bruins won the special teams battle. Great to see the PP find some life. Mostly off the rush and a lucky bounce or two rather than cycling the puck and opening up the opposition through their passing game, but still, good to see. PK was very solid and showed desperation in blocking shots, winning pucks and clearing the zone.- Coyle needed a game like that. Not only been quiet on the scoreboard in the last couple of weeks but also had little impact on games in general. Hopefully this will give him some confidence. - When McAvoy was on the ice, 5v5 the Bruins had 7 shot attempts to 23, 3 shots on target to 9, 0 high danger chances to 4. Yuck. Charlie made a fantastic save on that puck behind Swayman's back, otherwise this was one to forget for him. At least Lindholm had a good night.

- 4th line battled, showed a little bit of spite, but even for a bottom line, a 17% CF in just 6 mins TOI, plus the goal against, is not a great return. Brown gets picked over a prospect because coaches will mostly prefer predictability over higher risk/reward in their bottom 6, and he's inoffensive enough, but still, would prefer to see someone else. Not really sure why Steen was scratched.

- Boston had a bit more urgency and zip in this game compared to the last couple, but they didn't really impress much 5v5. Buffalo was Tage-less and pretty sloppy, and yet still probably split the general play about 50/50 with the Bs. One goal each at even strength was probably a fair reflection. Can argue of course that the Bruins didn't need to press things too hard given they led throughout, and they're coming off a break with little practice, but at the same time I don't think this told us too much about where they're really at coming off their patchy last few weeks. NJ on Saturday will perhaps give a truer picture, even though they'll be playing on a b2b plus travel. Regardless, nice to get a solid win here.

We shouldn't speculate about off-ice issues, so I won't.

Is Charlie hurt?

Does he miss playing behind Bergeron?

Is he not in shape?

Is that team worst -7 in his head?

Something's not right.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

This!

I turned the game on in the 2nd, and after a bit I noticed that there was no play-by-play call. None. When they finally did some PBP I looked, and 7 minutes of game time had gone by with no PBP! What's the point! LOL

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I am sorry, but other than Lindholm getting his jump back, and maybe Coyle, I saw very little encouraging from that game. 11 and 74 floated quite a bit-again. Charlie MC got hurt-again. They made needless, dangerous turnovers by the dozen-again. The forwards, save Marchy, looked slow as molasses-again.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Prior to last night he had like 2 pts in the last 10 games+.

Stinks you had to wait this long to be this smug.

Center #49 for pts. Oh look, that's a top 6C. How shocking! Imagine?

Peer group for that level:

Lindholm (1C), Kadri (2C), Couturier (1C), Eriksson Ek (1C)

Imagine living in a world where you're this wrong?

Players get into slumps. Then they get out.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
I am sorry, but other than Lindholm getting his jump back, and maybe Coyle, I saw very little encouraging from that game. 11 and 74 floated quite a bit-again. Charlie MC got hurt-again. They made needless, dangerous turnovers by the dozen-again. The forwards, save Marchy, looked slow as molasses-again.
To quiet bruins fan

Wow...thats how you sound when they win?

Sure they are not perfect- in fact far from it. That said- they played with more focus, their passing was better and the forwards won a number of 50-50 puck battles.

I come to this site for objective and enjoyable discussions ....so for one of the very few times I have decided the ignore button is an option to use.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad