Post-Game Talk: Game #33 Rangers @ Flyers Saturday, March 27th 1:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I dont think we did enough to challenge Elliot. I dont think the bad habits this team falls into often is a hot take after a loss. I was happy with the last win but thought we played poorly in a lot of areas and felt it would catch up to us if not addressed.

Again, Philly was determined to not be embarrassed again and they played well, especially defensively. We didn't do enough but some of that has to do with the other team. Fans just look at what their team didn't do instead of what the other team did do to prevent that.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He didn’t play like shit the last 5 minutes. Giving up a goal on a broken play when your being screened by your teammate isn’t playing like shit. That’s just hockey. It’s happens.

You have a bad habit of blaming goalies, even when we put up a single f***ing goal against a goalie with an .887 sv% on the year.

There’s a reason why everyone is shitting on your hot takes here. You’re literally the only one blaming Igor. That should tell you something.

I'm not blaming Igor. He was the best player on the ice. I just want to see him steal a point at least for this team. And all season we've been giving up these late goals, not just Igor. It's f***ing frustrating.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
They are where they ought to be. They're not 4th line grinders yet they're not good enough to be top 6. The line didn't come together primarily to put the kids together but rather was the result of circumstance. Besides, the true kids line is Chytil-Laf-Kakko, and Kakko got moved up because he "deserved" it. But now I see people posting that he's been invisible with Panarin and Strome. lol

I think people want Laf and Kakko to contribute to such a degree that when they're on the ice, they just watch them in isolation. They might have a good meat and potatoes shift, but if they don't do anything flashy, they're "invisible".

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm literally not blaming Igor, just disheartened by him playing the best game of his career and giving up a goal late. For whatever reason he seems to have not been able to finish these types of games most of his (albeit young) career.

Reactions: Shadowtron

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Rooney’s drop pass on that GWG was as brain dead as they come. I don’t care Jesus Christ himself is your teammate and he’s right behind you, 4 minutes left in a tie game and you have the puck on your stick in your own slot the one thing you don’t do is a touch drop pass. Just idiotic.

Agree 100%. I was asking myself why would he do that in the middle of the ice in defensive zone. He could have easily moved it away from a high danger area. It was a braindead play.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Don't get me wrong, Igor is not responsible for this loss. We just needed a point at least out of this game. All f***ing season we've given up late 3rd period goals and Caps game notwithstanding haven't been getting any.

I'm not blaming Igor. He was the best player on the ice. I just want to see him steal a point at least for this team. And all season we've been giving up these late goals, not just Igor. It's f***ing frustrating.

I'm literally not blaming Igor, just disheartened by him playing the best game of his career and giving up a goal late. For whatever reason he seems to have not been able to finish these types of games most of his (albeit young) career.

You said Igor choked, and he shit the bed, and he can’t close out games. Now you’re saying you’re not blaming Igor....

We’re all frustrated. But nobody besides you is blaming any individual. The team played like shit and deserved the loss.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Colin Stephenson asks Knobby if he’s coaching tomorrow and he says “they haven’t decided yet” and then Leslie comes literally the next question and asks “are you going to be coaching tomorrow?”

Unreal that these people get paid to do this
Was his answer different.

Reactions: Nickmo82

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
inb4 the first post that claims Knoblauch would be a great coach if management didn't confine him to taking Quinn's orders

Reactions: aufheben

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You said Igor choked, and he shit the bed, and he can’t close out games. Now you’re saying you’re not blaming Igor....

We’re all frustrated. But nobody besides you is blaming any individual. The team played like shit and deserved the loss.

Yeah, I had some choice words for him, not saying he's the reason they lost. He was a net positive this game, without him we lose this game 5-1 or 6-1. But we lost 2-1 and the point is in his young career there's been a trend where he can't finish these types of games. But as I said without him they lose worse. I'm not comparing his play to what would happen without him. I'm comparing him to what I expect out of an elite goalie. Just for once finish the damn game without giving up a late goal, he's done that quite a bit this season. He's not even the most responsible for the goal from the players on the ice, but those guys were mainly scrubs.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Colin Stephenson asks Knobby if he’s coaching tomorrow and he says “they haven’t decided yet” and then Leslie comes literally the next question and asks “are you going to be coaching tomorrow?”

Unreal that these people get paid to do this

Leslie is extremely mysterious. I can't get a fix on her persona and aura.

Reactions: resting buch face

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth
Yeah, I had some choice words for him, not saying he's the reason they lost. He was a net positive this game, without him we lose this game 5-1 or 6-1. But we lost 2-1 and the point is in his young career there's been a trend where he can't finish these types of games. But as I said without him they lose worse. I'm not comparing his play to what would happen without him. I'm comparing him to what I expect out of an elite goalie. Just for once finish the damn game without giving up a late goal, he's done that quite a bit this season. He's not even the most responsible for the goal from the players on the ice, but those guys were mainly scrubs.

I feel ya. I think we were spoiled by a goalie who could see his team score only one goal in a game and somehow get us a point or two out of it.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Rooney’s drop pass on that GWG was as brain dead as they come. I don’t care if Jesus Christ himself is your teammate and he’s right behind you, 4 minutes left in a tie game and you have the puck on your stick in your own slot the one thing you don’t do is a touch drop pass. Just idiotic.

thst line has been killing us really the combo of Lemieux and Rooney regardless of who’s on the other side but that line is on for like every goal. You cannot have a fourth line that’s a liability at worst they need to be even. This is completely unacceptable you sit these guys for games like this there are other options for those guys. DiGiuseppe has to go in kravtsov has to go in you don’t just keep giving them mins and watching them give up goals every game

Reactions: Glen Sathers Cigar

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Leslie is extremely mysterious. I can't get a fix on her persona and aura.

Colin is BY FAR the worst. Talk about mailing it in and collecting your paycheck

But who’s paying Leslie exactly? And who does she even work for? Like who’s footing her salary? No disrespect but I wonder the same about mark rosen is it? I hear him ask questions I don’t even know where he writes is it NY sports talk? What is that? Who subscribes to it?

Reactions: Tob

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I feel ya. I think we were spoiled by a goalie who could see his team score only one goal in a game and somehow get us a point or two out of it.

I just feel like I see a lot of Hank in Shesterkin but I just wish he would finish these games once in a while. That said, I've said it before I remember early on in Hank's career he'd also give up a lot of third period goals.

Reactions: Shadowtron

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’ve been drinking mezcal and club soda since the game ended, watching the Colorado game and eyeing the tickets for the tonight’s Stars game as the prices drop closer to game time.

we lost by one against a team I knew would want revenge. We made it easy on them by sleep walking and Fox and Shesty basically held us in. Overall the teams been a lot more fun to watch lately though, especially with a living Mika on the team.

Right now Kakko gives me some hope but I see nothing from Laf - like less than Kakko last year by a comfortable margin - and don’t think Chytil will ever be a center. Bummed about all of the young forwards on this team. Love Fox.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Miller has been terrible lately.

It's tough to know what to do with these kids honestly. More ice time? Less ice time? better line mates? PP time? Like, this is why we wanted to bring in coaches great for developing players and not a communicator that doesn't seem to be getting through to any of the kids.
Miller has been terrible lately.

It's tough to know what to do with these kids honestly. More ice time? Less ice time? better line mates? PP time? Like, this is why we wanted to bring in coaches great for developing players and not a communicator that doesn't seem to be getting through to any of the kids.

Personally I think he's too comfortable, move Hajek up in his spot for a game or two and explain what we need for him to get his spot back.

Reactions: Tob

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We need to score more goals than 1 before pinning the game on the goalie.

Yeah and we need to not be under siege all game. That's why Shesty was last person to blame, but I want to see him finish these games once in a while. His skill is absolutely elite. I think on par with Hank for the most part. The mental game isn't there quite yet. Though I do think Hank had his own issues early in his career and in the playoff at times.

One thing I'll say that Igor does better than Hank early in their careers is not let the game get away from him. Hank would have 10 games where he allowed 10 goals and then would just have a game against Montreal where he'd allow 6. Shesterkin's floor is insanely high. I think he's had like 2 or 3 truly bad games in his young career. I just want to see that ceiling where we win games where we're dominated. It's close, but not there yet.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad