Post-Game Talk: Game #33 Rangers @ Flyers Saturday, March 27th 1:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
its not bashing knoblauch. its mocking the clowns that claimed that the rangers beating the flyers when they were playing like an echl team is proof that knoblauch is a better coach then quinn as if he did anything in those games to cause the results

I'm looking forward to @Edge coming in with his thoughts. He's insisted everything's been the same with Knoblauch, same deployments, same strategies, same same same.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
I’m just excited to get a Burger today from a really good steakhouse near me. It’s the little things. I’m so sick of autocorrect being absolute dog shit

Reactions: will1066 and Tob

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Not sure what else they can do with the lines. Lafreniere doesn't deserve to move up in the lineup and he's not going to play ahead of Kreider and Panarin. Could move Kakko back down but then Blackwell would be back on the 2nd line which most people would complain about. When your #1 and #2 overall picks are producing like 4th liners, it's going to be hard to find a combination that works.

ya, kinda why you want to get some of the young guys going at some point. They're all pretty much done for the year now.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Its frustrating because the rangers effort was poor. They didnt put pucks on net and handled the puck like a hand grenade. They fell into the same habits of not shooting and overpassing. It is also frustrating to give up the GWG with the fourth line on the ice late as they have giving up a bunch of goals against lately.

I know its frustrating but that's hockey. Sometimes the other team that gets paid is just better. Philly got good goaltending and played solid defense. The Rangers had some good chances themselves but Elliot made key saves when he had to. I just don't understand some hot takes whenever we lose a game. It is what it is. This team can be really good and this healthy roster can win a lot of games but they aren't going to go 20-4 or whatever it takes to make playoffs. I think we forget sometimes we are the youngest team in the league and the other team is full of professionals also.

Reactions: leetch99

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
This felt like that Devils game after Mika's 5 goal game last year. Mika scored early and I was like "awwww yeah here we go again" but we end up playing a horrible game and losing. Difference is Shesty was much better this time around. Didn't make a difference.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Yeah, but as with Hank Shesterkin is 10 times the player any of those three players are or ever hope to be. It's just disappointing because I've never seen him play a better game. I felt like I was watching prime Hank. But prime Hank gets the team at least one point, likely 2.

Prime Hank has one big advantage over Igor. Prime Hank had defensemen whose best skill set was blocking shots. He didn't have to deal with as many of those shots getting through esp late in tight games.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
No dancing in Flamingo land today.

upload_2021-3-27_15-54-56.jpeg

Reactions: Tob

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
I know its frustrating but that's hockey. Sometimes the other team that gets paid is just better. Philly got good goaltending and played solid defense. The Rangers had some good chances themselves but Elliot made key saves when he had to. I just don't understand some hot takes whenever we lose a game. It is what it is. This team can be really good and this healthy roster can win a lot of games but they aren't going to go 20-4 or whatever it takes to make playoffs. I think we forget sometimes we are the youngest team in the league and the other team is full of professionals also.

I dont think we did enough to challenge Elliot. I dont think the bad habits this team falls into often is a hot take after a loss. I was happy with the last win but thought we played poorly in a lot of areas and felt it would catch up to us if not addressed.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I remember you saying the same about future Hall of Famer Lundqvist. Now you use him as your benchmark. God help you.

Hank did that early in his career, so I think Igor could improve. There was an odd season here or there later in his career where he had that too. But overall, he stole many games for this team which Igor has had trouble with, at least this season. I'm just frustrated because this has happened all season, most recently against Washington. The only game we were able to win late in the 3rd was that last Washington game. Likely will be the reason we miss the playoffs. Don't get me wrong this game was an absolute abortion and Shesterkin was the best player by far most of this game.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Prime Hank has one big advantage over Igor. Prime Hank had defensemen whose best skill set was blocking shots. He didn't have to deal with as many of those shots getting through esp late in tight games.

He also reportedly had an extra goal stick to block the 5 hole.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Igor has Adam Fox. He can clear the zone via tantric telepathy.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Miller has been terrible lately.

It's tough to know what to do with these kids honestly. More ice time? Less ice time? better line mates? PP time? Like, this is why we wanted to bring in coaches great for developing players and not a communicator that doesn't seem to be getting through to any of the kids.

Reactions: Circus86

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Miller has been terrible lately.

It's tough to know what to do with these kids honestly. More ice time? Less ice time? better line mates? PP time? Like, this is why we wanted to bring in coaches great for developing players and not a communicator that doesn't seem to be getting through to any of the kids.
better coaching might do the trick... I mean, whats more likely, that they're ALL busts?

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
I just can't see what some fans see in Quinn. How exactly has he developed Kakko, Laf and Miller? I know we are "only" about 30 games into the season, but man. Miller and Laf look worse now than on their first games. I know development takes time, but I think we should see some results by now. If I didn't know Laf and someone told me he was #1 pick and one of the brightest prospects in the league for years I wouldn't believe him. Who has improved over last year? All I can think of is Fox, Buch and Strome.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Lmao, you said the same stuff about Hank :laugh:

Newsflash, goalies are not god. The offense and defense have to actually chip in as well and they didn't do that today. Quit blaming Igor.

The team was absolute garbage. Igor was their best player excluding the context of giving up that last goal. I'm not blaming him exclusively. We lose this game 6-1 if not for him. That said I'm running out of patience waiting for him to steal a game for this team. Even last year they were winning because they were scoring a ton. He just hasn't stolen many games in his career yet. If he were an elite goalie he'd do it sometimes. He still might be, but he isn't now.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Not sure what else they can do with the lines. Lafreniere doesn't deserve to move up in the lineup and he's not going to play ahead of Kreider and Panarin. Could move Kakko back down but then Blackwell would be back on the 2nd line which most people would complain about. When your #1 and #2 overall picks are producing like 4th liners, it's going to be hard to find a combination that works.
They are where they ought to be. They're not 4th line grinders yet they're not good enough to be top 6. The line didn't come together primarily to put the kids together but rather was the result of circumstance. Besides, the true kids line is Chytil-Laf-Kakko, and Kakko got moved up because he "deserved" it. But now I see people posting that he's been invisible with Panarin and Strome. lol

Reactions: DanielBrassard

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Sorry I said a goalie can't be elite if he only plays 55 minutes. Once again elite 55 minutes, shit last 5 minutes won't work.
He didn’t play like shit the last 5 minutes. Giving up a goal on a broken play when your being screened by your teammate isn’t playing like shit. That’s just hockey. It’s happens.

You have a bad habit of blaming goalies, even when we put up a single f***ing goal against a goalie with an .887 sv% on the year.

There’s a reason why everyone is shitting on your hot takes here. You’re literally the only one blaming Igor. That should tell you something.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Smith set a perfect screen, he had no chance. Plus Igor is literally the last person we should be blaming this loss on..

Don't get me wrong, Igor is not responsible for this loss. We just needed a point at least out of this game. All f***ing season we've given up late 3rd period goals and Caps game notwithstanding haven't been getting any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->