Post-Game Talk: Game #33 Rangers @ Flyers Saturday, March 27th 1:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Also, I'm sorry but we have more talent than the Pens and Crosby/Malkin are not Crosby/Malkin of 5 years ago. Sure we lack depth, but who is their amazing depth?

They have good depth. Guentzel, Zucker, Rust, Kapanen, decent bottom six players who fill their role, Letang, Dumoulin, Marino, Pettersson, Joseph, some okay defenders. They’re a more experienced team though and one who is lead by players who know how to win. It’s not all about building fantasy teams on paper. The character, mentality, leadership and performance is what matters. Do they get guys stepping up when it matters? Do we?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
And Hank was someone we won it with?

No, and I had similar problems with Hank, I thought he ran hot and cold in the playoffs, that's why I was called a Hank hater. That post wasn't one of my better ones, however. He'll hopefully clean that up, but RIGHT NOW, Igor struggles in tight games in the third period and it's frustrating as all hell. I don't trust him late in games.

Reactions: egelband

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
They have good depth. Guentzel, Zucker, Rust, Kapanen, decent bottom six players who fill their role, Letang, Dumoulin, Marino, Pettersson, Joseph, some okay defenders. They’re a more experienced team though and one who is lead by players who know how to win. It’s not all about building fantasy teams on paper. The character, mentality, leadership and performance is what matters. Do they get guys stepping up when it matters? Do we?

But that's the thing, people get on me for saying that right now Igor is not that type of player. That said other than one game we haven't had anyone score big third period goals for us. If we go down in the third, it's game over. Extremely frustrating.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
its not bashing knoblauch. its mocking the clowns that claimed that the rangers beating the flyers when they were playing like an echl team is proof that knoblauch is a better coach then quinn as if he did anything in those games to cause the results

Same as any other coach in any game.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Fox got a little Leetch going on a little Stu Bickel going on as well
tumblr_m5zgqoborc1qit5dto1_r1_500.gif

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
But that's the thing, people get on me for saying that right now Igor is not that type of player. That said other than one game we haven't had anyone score big third period goals for us. If we go down in the third, it's game over. Extremely frustrating.
People are getting on you because you have unreal expectations for Igor.You want him to play perfect hockey which just isn't possible.Your standards for him,like they were for Hank,is you expecting them to be Godlike

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Fair point, but it's 2021 and I want a playoff berth, I think this team is a playoff team and yet they're 6th in their division behind a team that's like 30 goals worse than them in +/-. Losing games in the final 5 minutes all season is demoralizing. How many wins like that do we have? 1?
source.gif

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Not really surprised by the outcome here. The Flyers were absolutely embarrassed by us the last two games. Have to figure some adjustments were to be made by them, coupled with the fact that the Rangers looked like the walking dead out there for a good portion of this one. Shesterkin played well though and he deserved better.
Oh well...could always be worse . Could have been the Fishsticks that beat us today . They mailed it in for the most part....Buch played like it meant something as did Smith despite trying to do too much as usual . Miller and Lafreniere should be spending half an hour extra on the ice after practice....they look gassed too often . Not seeing much piss and vinegar from our kids.....I guess we just do not draft that type which is why we ended up with Lindgren . Kreider being Kreider....give Lindgren the C soon please .

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We were never making the playoffs in this division. Boston just won the President's Trophy and they're in 4th.

It's the schedule too. It's impossible to gain ground when everyone plays an AHL team eight times.

Reactions: FUZfan

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

+16, Caps are +19 and Pens are +19. The idea that we're a horrible team is something that people on this board like to tell themselves to make themselves feel good. We're a much better team than our record. But we had our best player out for like a dozen game, our second or third best player be a shell of himself because or Covid, and our goalie injured.

Reactions: Larrybiv

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If you want instantaneous gratification, don’t sign up for a rebuild

We have two player who are either 30 or pushing 30 that are our two of our three best players and two of the best players in the world. We're playing well enough where their primes shouldn't be wasted on a non-playoff team. I never said cup, I said playoffs. Outside of our third line and Miller, how are we even rebuilding?

Reactions: egelband

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Fair point, but it's 2021 and I want a playoff berth, I think this team is a playoff team and yet they're 6th in their division behind a team that's like 30 goals worse than them in +/-. Losing games in the final 5 minutes all season is demoralizing. How many wins like that do we have? 1?
Oh man, this is NOT a playoff team until Laf, Kakko and Chytil either turn into REAL players or they return something good in trades. That may not happen for YEARS from now.
This isn't hyperbole; we weren't a playoff team last year with what we had, and we didn't add real impact this year other than Fox. 3 players a playoff team does not make. Buch, and Kreider are replaceable.

The idea that we are better than our record is ridiculous. The wins we have is because of our vets. The wins we don't have, and the GAP that exists between us and the real playoff teams and contenders is the lack of production from the 3rd line, including Kakko.

Reactions: Fvital92

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Oh man, this is NOT a playoff team until Laf, Kakko and Chytil either turn into REAL players or they return something good in trades. That may not happen for YEARS from now.
This isn't hyperbole; we weren't a playoff team last year with what we had, and we didn't add real impact this year other than Fox. 3 players a playoff team does not make.

The idea that we are better than our record is ridiculous. The wins we have is because of our vets. The wins we don't have, and the GAP that exists between us and the real playoff teams and contenders is the lack of production from the 3rd line, including Kakko.

We are f***ing +16 in goal differential and the Pens/Caps are +19, give me a f***ing break. And before you take out the 9-0 game as if it didn't exist, take out the 6-0 Caps game against Buffalo and you could probably find something similar with the Pens. We have more than three players. Just because we have three elite players and a questionable 3rd line doesn't mean we have three players. Kreider, Buch, Strome, Lindgren, even Trouba, and most of the season Miller are very good players. Oh yeah the goalie that I criticize is one of the best in the game. Give me a f***ing break with this "my c*ck is bigger than yours because I think this team sucks".

Reactions: Kupo

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
We are f***ing +16 in goal differential and the Pens/Caps are +19, give me a f***ing break. And before you take out the 9-0 game as if it didn't exist, take out the 6-0 Caps game against Buffalo and you could probably find something similar with the Pens. We have more than three players. Just because we have three elite players and a questionable 3rd line doesn't mean we have three players. Kreider, Buch, Strome, Lindgren, even Trouba, and most of the season Miller are very good players. Oh yeah the goalie that I criticize is one of the best in the game. Give me a f***ing break with this "my c*ck is bigger than yours because I think this team sucks".
Whoa that's a pop a vein stretch you got going on there.

We have literally NO 3rd and 4th lines. They are absolute garbage.

Look at the teams that are in playoff position. We are "better" than them? I am not saying we suck, I am saying WE ARE NOT YET BETTER THAN THE GOOD TEAMS. the f***ing record speaks for itself.

We are the youngest team in the league and will remain out of the playoff picture until the youngest team in the league gets real experience. If you want the playoffs this year and next then trade the whole roster. Otherwise enjoy (or in our case here, shake your fist) at the ride.

*edit* goaltending is not the reason why other teams make the playoffs., its the reason why the Rangers made the playoffs for years with Henrik.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
tough loss, i was surprised to see Brendan Smith on the ice with less than 2 minutes to go. Not going to win many scoring 1 goal.
Yup that sums it up for me.
Kakko is not compatible with Bread. At least for now. Need to shake things up. Even in all those recent blowouts Kakko has not added much to that like all of Breads points come from the PP

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's a short season, we got nailed by the PDO monster early, and now we're scaling up Mt. Buffalo.

You gain ground in your division by beating teams your rivals lost to. Even bad teams will win 2 or 3 out of 8 which gives you some opportunities.

The Sabres are not a bad team; they're an AHL team. They lose to everyone every game. And especially when there are no games outside of the division, that's so many lost opportunities to gain.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
+16, Caps are +19 and Pens are +19. The idea that we're a horrible team is something that people on this board like to tell themselves to make themselves feel good. We're a much better team than our record. But we had our best player out for like a dozen game, our second or third best player be a shell of himself because or Covid, and our goalie injured.
You’re right. I’m really just messing. Anything is possible in this season and there are moments where we certainly look good enough to maybe win a series in this division.

But we aren’t consistent and that is the mark of a genuine playoff team.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad