Post-Game Talk: Game #33 Rangers @ Flyers Saturday, March 27th 1:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Whoa that's a pop a vein stretch you got going on there.

We have literally NO 3rd and 4th lines. They are absolute garbage.

Look at the teams that are in playoff position. We are "better" than them? I am not saying we suck, I am saying WE ARE NOT YET BETTER THAN THE GOOD TEAMS. the f***ing record speaks for itself.

We are the youngest team in the league and will remain out of the playoff picture until the youngest team in the league gets real experience. If you want the playoffs this year and next then trade the whole roster. Otherwise enjoy (or in our case here, shake your fist) at the ride.

*edit* goaltending is not the reason why other teams make the playoffs., its the reason why the Rangers made the playoffs for years with Henrik.

That last bit is so f***ing stupid. Jesus Christ, the Rangers are the only team in the world that has ever made the playoffs because of good goaltending.

And "the record speaks for itself" when I'm saying we're better than our record is an asinine argument. "We're better than our record!" "Well look at our record!" You look at goal differential if you want to see if you're better than the record. Best way to do it. These amazing great teams in Washington and Pittsburgh are only +19 and our garbage team that can't sniff their jockstrap is +16, we have a better goal differential than the Bruins. Explain that and don't point at the record if the record is exactly what I'm disproving here.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
That last bit is so f***ing stupid. Jesus Christ, the Rangers are the only team in the world that has ever made the playoffs because of good goaltending.

Yes

Holy shoot we are just half a garbage team. The other half is quite good. The garbage half is Ottawa tier. Serious question, do you watch other teams play? This isn't baseball where these things can average themselves out over time in a season when it comes to differential. It is not the barometer.

You think we are better than the Bruins? And par with Wash and Pitt? We aren't even better than Philadelphia. This is all OK! Youngest team in the league. Goodness.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
We have two player who are either 30 or pushing 30 that are our two of our three best players and two of the best players in the world. We're playing well enough where their primes shouldn't be wasted on a non-playoff team. I never said cup, I said playoffs. Outside of our third line and Miller, how are we even rebuilding?
Ahem...youngest team in the league....ahem

like it or not the rebuild is far from over.

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
Fox, Igor and Buch were good today. Zib and Strome were decent too.

Panarin and Kreider, especially on the power play, need to be better.

Is it just my perception, or does Brandon Smith love scrrening his own goalie?

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Oh man, this is NOT a playoff team until Laf, Kakko and Chytil either turn into REAL players or they return something good in trades. That may not happen for YEARS from now.
This isn't hyperbole; we weren't a playoff team last year with what we had, and we didn't add real impact this year other than Fox. 3 players a playoff team does not make. Buch, and Kreider are replaceable.

The idea that we are better than our record is ridiculous. The wins we have is because of our vets. The wins we don't have, and the GAP that exists between us and the real playoff teams and contenders is the lack of production from the 3rd line, including Kakko.
Basically this. We have right now 5 forwards and 3 defenseman that can go head to head with any team in the league, the rest has garbage production that we hope someday will become something.
At this point I'll even say that our top 6 - with Zibanejad being good and not the corpse he was for 2 months this season - better than those in the cup runs.

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017

And "the record speaks for itself" when I'm saying we're better than our record is an asinine argument. "We're better than our record!" "Well look at our record!" You look at goal differential if you want to see if you're better than the record. Best way to do it. These amazing great teams in Washington and Pittsburgh are only +19 and our garbage team that can't sniff their jockstrap is +16, we have a better goal differential than the Bruins. Explain that and don't point at the record if the record is exactly what I'm disproving here.

Dominik Hasek led some really mediocre Sabres teams farther than they deserved to go.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Basically this. We have right now 5 forwards and 3 defenseman that can go head to head with any team in the league, the rest has garbage production that we hope someday will become something.
At this point I'll even say that our top 6 - with Zibanejad being good and not the corpse he was for 2 months this season - better than those in the cup runs.
We never had a top six that had the capability to be unstoppable in maybe 20 years like the guys we have now. But that's not enough in today's era. If top six falters even a bit, we lose.

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
Playoffs have never looked so far.

Attachments

• F4E1AD20-4A80-40D2-9EFB-6EB29D364F1A.jpeg
    F4E1AD20-4A80-40D2-9EFB-6EB29D364F1A.jpeg
    278 KB · Views: 3

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If Aaron Rodgers has 400 yards and 4 TDs but throws a game killing pick late he'll be criticized. Igor's not Rodgers but he's an elite level talent, I'd even say an all time great level talent. I would venture to say that he's been better than Hank this early in his career. I feel like Hank had more bad games in his career early on. But yeah, he was least culpable but due to his talent the criticism is outsized. It was the same with Hank for me.
I feel I will take for granted Shesty, as I did Hank. Hank was just "somebody" you counted on. Shesty will probably make us NOT miss Hank as much as we should.
Hank fought Father time as hard as anyone could.

Flyer fans would KILL for literally almost anyone, we have had in goal in like forever.

Reactions: Rongomania

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
LOL Burn...

Probably the single most amazing sequence, I have ever seen.
1st save falling backwards, swinging stick at puck, (hand/eye coordination) then 2 seconds later realized he had "better get back in net" to make another save, and then a 3rd deflecting puck over net. I calls em' as I sees em'. Simply amazing!

Reactions: egelband

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
+16, Caps are +19 and Pens are +19. The idea that we're a horrible team is something that people on this board like to tell themselves to make themselves feel good. We're a much better team than our record. But we had our best player out for like a dozen game, our second or third best player be a shell of himself because or Covid, and our goalie injured.
We really are BETTER than our record. People are hallucinating here, pretending that "beyond a shadow of a doubt" that we should be world beaters right now.
I want us to win, as much as anyone. But THIS is what it is. Accept it and enjoy what they have to offer right now.
They dont want to lose......but have to realize they have to WANT IT.......MORE, do what it takes to WIN. Give time, time.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yes

Holy shoot we are just half a garbage team. The other half is quite good. The garbage half is Ottawa tier. Serious question, do you watch other teams play? This isn't baseball where these things can average themselves out over time in a season when it comes to differential. It is not the barometer.

You think we are better than the Bruins? And par with Wash and Pitt? We aren't even better than Philadelphia. This is all OK! Youngest team in the league. Goodness.
The only REAL, REAL difference is those teams are PROVEN.

Hypothetical.......place all teams above and the Rangers, and make ALL players BE in their prime (either back years, or what expectations are for younger players) and I would dare say, we at least have equal talent, if not more.
Thing is, those teams have "done it" already, we are trying to get there. And we will.

Reactions: DialUp and egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Fox, Igor and Buch were good today. Zib and Strome were decent too.

Panarin and Kreider, especially on the power play, need to be better.

Is it just my perception, or does Brandon Smith love scrrening his own goalie?
Henrik....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad