GDT: Game 33: Columbus vs. Nashville | 12/22 7PM EST

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Don't feel bad. I NEVER leave early, but even I left 5 minutes early tonight. That game was just making me angry.

No one should feel bad about it. My thing is, this all for entertainment. If you're no longer being entertained by a movie, you leave. The same should apply here as far as I'm concerned, and it doesn't make anyone a worse fan if they leave when they are not having fun. :yo:

Unless it's a SCF game. Not that I have any experience attending those, but when I daydream about it, and we are inevitably going to lose, I like to think I'm still sitting there. :laugh:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Highlight of the night? HOCKEY HANUKKAH. The lighting of the menorah, etc. Does every barn do this?

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
WTF. Who did Rinne pump before the game to get away with knocking his net off it's mooring?

How in the hell does Toronto think that this is within the rules and not a delay of game. Oh sorry the ref didn't see it, wtf.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I was able to watch a whole 3 minutes of tonights game. However those 3 minutes just happened to be the 3 minutes where Nashville scored their first 3 goals.

I watched the 1st 2 scored in the 2nd and decided to turn it off. Then I decided to check in a bit later to see what was happening. Thats when goal 3 was scored.

I feel like tonight is my fault and I never should have turned it on.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Actually, it's my son's fault. He's worn the same "lucky shirt" for every game this month. He didn't wear it tonight. When it got to 5-0, he made him Mom find it. He put it on and Wennberg scores. Now he's CONVINCED it's a lucky shirt! :laugh:

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Actually, it's my son's fault. He's worn the same "lucky shirt" for every game this month. He didn't wear it tonight. When it got to 5-0, he made him Mom find it. He put it on and Wennberg scores. Now he's CONVINCED it's a lucky shirt! :laugh:

I figured Murray crapped on your carpet and you gave him the boot!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
weren't gonna win out...but man that's a bad way to break a streak...hopefully Hartnell will be back Saturday...then Arty and Letestu shortly after the New Year... (crossing fingers)

forward and onward

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
One of the worst games I have seen in a long time.

But at least RyJo is earning his contract. It should not be an issued that Prout had more shots on goal than our "first line center".

Glad to see Wennberg get a goal.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
WTF. Who did Rinne pump before the game to get away with knocking his net off it's mooring?

How in the hell does Toronto think that this is within the rules and not a delay of game. Oh sorry the ref didn't see it, wtf.

Knocking the net off intentionally is not Rinne's MO. I'm sure you guys will disagree vehemently, so I won't try to argue it further, but he's not that kind of guy.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Knocking the net off intentionally is not Rinne's MO. I'm sure you guys will disagree vehemently, so I won't try to argue it further, but he's not that kind of guy.

Well, here's the thing. EVERYONE IN THE BUILDING knew if that pass got made, it was going to be a goal. Pass got made, net is kicked/pushed off the pegs. Hard for biased eyes (like ours) to think it was an accident.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Felt like a game like this, for or against, was coming for a few games now. Time to get the one 'for' after the break.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio

Intentional or not, it was definitely his fault. The Jackets had absolutely nothing to do with the net being knocked off, so they shouldn't pay the price of having a goal taken away. 3 straight games Toronto screws over the CBJ. I don't care, there has to be some sort of bias. Each and every call was sketchy, and we don't even catch one single break. Ridiculous.

Felt like a game like this, for or against, was coming for a few games now. Time to get the one 'for' after the break.

The Jackets have yet to really blow a team out this season. Out of the next 4 games ( Bruins, Wild, Yotes, Avs ) I'm feeling the Jackets will blow the doors off 1 or 2 of those teams. Something like 4-0- 5-1 or 6-1. Our offense ( and Joey ) are due

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
If anyone in the CBJ organization is reading this board, listen up. If you're going to offer a reward to Season Ticket Holders to show your appreciation, do it right or don't do it at all. Don't make it freakin impossible to take advantage of the offer (print tickets, stand in long line, get wristbands, stand in another long, slow moving line), then hide all of the good stuff.

And don't only reward full season ticket holders, I spend $8000 on 3 club half season tickets so it pisses me off when I see the people in upper tank that drop $800 for a season ticket getting free **** while I drop another $100 on whiskey to attempt to get through that debacle.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I NEVER bash Boll like everyone else, but if you aren't going to play like you are mad and stir things up and find someone to run or fight in a game like that, then you need to watch one from the press box. The rest of the team was sleep walking tonight too, disgusting display. They were playing like the rest of us work on the getaway vacation last day at work, just farting around until the horn sounds so you can go home. 7 pts out and the Rangers have 2 games in hand, boy it's going to be tough digging out of this considering they made up next to no ground going 8-0-1.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Mama said there'd be days like this......................

Probably well overdue for a clunker. 17 out of 20 points is just what the doctor ordered for this team. Start another streak after the break.

The NHL has revised the rule book on goals directed in by skates and I do hope that they revisit the rule which allows a goalie to knock the goal off its moorings without any outside help and serves to negate a goal. It's a bad rule and needs to be revised. Yesterday.

I turned off the game after the second period. Wanted to watch the Bengals game and the way the game was going it gave me all the excuse I needed.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I half jokingly blame these recent problems with Toronto on my wearing of my 2012-2013 Game Worn White Matt Calvert jersey.

Now, I assume people still remember the disallowed goal at the Edmonton Oilers game in 2013? Anyways, Matt is falling down and the puck hit his skate and goes in. Goal is disallowed, Jackets end up losing 6-4, with one of those Edmonton goals being an empty netter. Many Jacket's fans looked back at the game as costing us a point and what could have been a playoff spot.

Granted, I can't prove it via photoshop that was the same jersey (Please correct me, if they released multiple road Calvert jerseys).. but..
1. I wore that jersey during Ryan Johansen's disallowed what would have been hat trick this season against San Jose.
2. I wore that jersey tonight and on Thursday against Capitals.
I worked on Saturday, but I'm starting to think this jersey has some bad Toronto vibes attached with it.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I half jokingly blame these recent problems with Toronto on my wearing of my 2012-2013 Game Worn White Matt Calvert jersey.

Now, I assume people still remember the disallowed goal at the Edmonton Oilers game in 2013? Anyways, Matt is falling down and the puck hit his skate and goes in. Goal is disallowed, Jackets end up losing 6-4, with one of those Edmonton goals being an empty netter. Many Jacket's fans looked back at the game as costing us a point and what could have been a playoff spot.

Granted, I can't prove it via photoshop that was the same jersey (Please correct me, if they released multiple road Calvert jerseys).. but..
1. I wore that jersey during Ryan Johansen's disallowed what would have been hat trick this season against San Jose.
2. I wore that jersey tonight and on Thursday against Capitals.
I worked on Saturday, but I'm starting to think this jersey has some bad Toronto vibes attached with it.

It must be burned. Not a fiber can remain. Use accelerants if needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad