GDT: Game 33: Columbus vs. Nashville | 12/22 7PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I don't see how going post to post and the net falling off makes it intentional. Just a weird play, and it should be waived off. There is no screwjob here. That's the rule.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I don't see how going post to post and the net falling off makes it intentional. Just a weird play, and it should be waived off. There is no screwjob here. That's the rule.

i don't think that it was intentional. I just think that the rule is bad.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
It was bound to happen. This is how they play, and tonight Bob wsant able to save them again. We're just not that good of a team, let us hang around and we may steal one with Bob in net. Even when we get the regulars back, they still have to replace Horton with people skilled enough to pass and accept passes

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
http://video.bluejackets.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20142015,2,25

Go to 3:30 or so. Hartnell knocks the net off. Nash still gets his goal.

My guess is they ruled the shot was being taken before it come off or they said Hartnell did it on purposes. Last nights goal was ruled no good because the shot was taken after the goal came off and they also ruled that the net was not purposely knocked off.

The whole review system is ridiculous. For the most part if common sense says its a good goal review will rule it no goal. Per the rules they got it right last night and on Saturday. The rules on what can be reviewed need to be changed. There has to be some common sense involved in the review and not just a black and white rule.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
And don't only reward full season ticket holders, I spend $8000 on 3 club half season tickets so it pisses me off when I see the people in upper tank that drop $800 for a season ticket getting free **** while I drop another $100 on whiskey to attempt to get through that debacle.

I don't see any problem with someone who's made the commitment to be there for every game getting benefits, regardless of how much they spend.

We spend roughly $2500 on upper bowl, corner, full season tickets and we're there 40+ nights a year until the final horn, win or lose. We could afford lowers, but we like the people we sit near and enjoy the angle of the view. Spending less on tickets also gives us a little more to spend on things like game worn jerseys, store merchandise and so on. Be careful making blanket statements based on where someone sits or how much they spend. An investment of time and commitment to support the team every night of the season has value as well.

I'd really like to see them change the event - have some kind of setup where you have a card, paper or wristband that can be punched allowing say, 5 items. Once your card is punched 5 times, you're done. No single person needs more than that, IMO. it would improve lines and end the gluttony.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I don't see any problem with someone who's made the commitment to be there for every game getting benefits, regardless of how much they spend.

We spend roughly $2500 on upper bowl, corner, full season tickets and we're there 40+ nights a year until the final horn, win or lose. We could afford lowers, but we like the people we sit near and enjoy the angle of the view. Spending less on tickets also gives us a little more to spend on things like game worn jerseys, store merchandise and so on. Be careful making blanket statements based on where someone sits or how much they spend. An investment of time and commitment to support the team every night of the season has value as well.

I'd really like to see them change the event - have some kind of setup where you have a card, paper or wristband that can be punched allowing say, 5 items. Once your card is punched 5 times, you're done. No single person needs more than that, IMO. it would improve lines and end the gluttony.

I'm not saying the full season ticket people don't deserve it, no matter where they sit. But I also think the half season ticket deserves something if you buy club or lower. I don't just go to half the games, that's just my ticket plan, I also buy another 10 that weren't included in my plan and go to several road games a year and all the playoff games, home and away. So I'm not JUST spending money on a half season. And we drop $150 a game on alcohol and food. And another $950 on All-Star Tickets, so you would be a little annoyed too if you didn't get any of the perks of the full season people, extra games at cheaper prices, the get togethers, free food nights, $30 ticket options, etc. etc. , yet I spend 2 or 3 times as much on my tickets than someone in 227 Row R who reaps all of those benefits.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I half jokingly blame these recent problems with Toronto on my wearing of my 2012-2013 Game Worn White Matt Calvert jersey.

Now, I assume people still remember the disallowed goal at the Edmonton Oilers game in 2013? Anyways, Matt is falling down and the puck hit his skate and goes in. Goal is disallowed, Jackets end up losing 6-4, with one of those Edmonton goals being an empty netter. Many Jacket's fans looked back at the game as costing us a point and what could have been a playoff spot.

Granted, I can't prove it via photoshop that was the same jersey (Please correct me, if they released multiple road Calvert jerseys).. but..
1. I wore that jersey during Ryan Johansen's disallowed what would have been hat trick this season against San Jose.
2. I wore that jersey tonight and on Thursday against Capitals.
I worked on Saturday, but I'm starting to think this jersey has some bad Toronto vibes attached with it.

Calvert probably had more than one jersey that season, or maybe as they did with some players they recycled his other 2013 jersey into a first half 2013-14 jersey. Either way, fear not, the jersey can be uncursed with a simple washing (as long as it's not signed). Inside out, delicate cycle, cold water, hang to dry - bim boom bang, you're good.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I'm not saying the full season ticket people don't deserve it, no matter where they sit. But I also think the half season ticket deserves something if you buy club or lower. I don't just go to half the games, that's just my ticket plan, I also buy another 10 that weren't included in my plan and go to several road games a year and all the playoff games, home and away. So I'm not JUST spending money on a half season. And we drop $150 a game on alcohol and food. And another $950 on All-Star Tickets, so you would be a little annoyed too if you didn't get any of the perks of the full season people, extra games at cheaper prices, the get togethers, free food nights, $30 ticket options, etc. etc. , yet I spend 2 or 3 times as much on my tickets than someone in 227 Row R who reaps all of those benefits.

I get it, but that's the way it's set up: reward time investment/commitment first. They have to give some incentive to people to commit to a full season, and these perks are it. As one of the last round of "PSL" holders, I think it sucks that people without PSLs get the same benefits as me, but that's just the way it is. I'm sure day one PSL folks think it's lame that I get the same benefits that they do and I didn't get on board with a PSL until 2008.

These benefits aren't all that great anyway. The food is crappy because they're making too much too fast, they run out of things, the lines suck. The zoo thing is about the only really cool thing, IMO. Most everything else, tunnel of pride, morning skates, etc is open to all STH as far as I know.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I get it, but that's the way it's set up: reward time investment/commitment first. They have to give some incentive to people to commit to a full season, and these perks are it. As one of the last round of "PSL" holders, I think it sucks that people without PSLs get the same benefits as me, but that's just the way it is. I'm sure day one PSL folks think it's lame that I get the same benefits that they do and I didn't get on board with a PSL until 2008.

These benefits aren't all that great anyway. The food is crappy because they're making too much too fast, they run out of things, the lines suck. The zoo thing is about the only really cool thing, IMO. Most everything else, tunnel of pride, morning skates, etc is open to all STH as far as I know.

Honestly, the zoo thing is the only thing that REALLY sticks in my craw, and the fact that I will have to use my friend's login who has last row of the upper deck in the corner, to get every playoff game(if we even make it), since my club tickets in C8 only garner me 2 playoff games...

It's all good I suppose, I'm just bitter after last nights performance still...

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
We switched from 1 seat, full season, with PSL to 4 seats 1/4 season, and maintained the PSL. We got the food deal yesterday. Now, if we didn't have the game with the free food, then tough luck for us. Do you or did you ever have a PSL?

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
We switched from 1 seat, full season, with PSL to 4 seats 1/4 season, and maintained the PSL. We got the food deal yesterday. Now, if we didn't have the game with the free food, then tough luck for us. Do you or did you ever have a PSL?

No I never had a PSL, in the early years I had to work for a lot of games so I bought A La Carte for 25 games or so a year.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio

Back when I was a half season PSL holder and free food night fell on one of my off nights my ticket rep always gave me a free pair of tickets.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
No I never had a PSL, in the early years I had to work for a lot of games so I bought A La Carte for 25 games or so a year.

That's why you are left out of the perks. Had you had to buy a PSL you would get them. Id ratter never had to buy a PSL then get the perks I get with the PSL.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
That's why you are left out of the perks. Had you had to buy a PSL you would get them. Id ratter never had to buy a PSL then get the perks I get with the PSL.

what did the PSL's run, I remember looking into them the first year but I can't remember now, seems like they were $500 a seat, per season but I'm probably way off...

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
what did the PSL's run, I remember looking into them the first year but I can't remember now, seems like they were $500 a seat, per season but I'm probably way off...

I'd have to dig out the old paper work to give you all the details, but I think they ranged from $1,000 to $3,000 per seat depending on the area. This was a one time payment in the early years and then they went to a 4 year payment plan around 04 or 05.

CAMSANITY

Jan 30, 2013
Redondo Beach
And don't only reward full season ticket holders, I spend $8000 on 3 club half season tickets so it pisses me off when I see the people in upper tank that drop $800 for a season ticket getting free **** while I drop another $100 on whiskey to attempt to get through that debacle.

I was at the game last night and it was god awful. That being said. This is one of the most pompous posts I have read since about 2010 when I started reading this board and even 2013 when I started posting.

Congratulations on spending $8000 a year on three club seats, I'm sure your income allows you to budget enough to spend that money, bravo. I'm fine with spending my $1100 per seat in the upper bowl for a full season, I actually like the view. This, like another poster said, allows me to spend more money on jerseys, hats, etc.

I have an idea or two for you. Instead of prancing around talking about how much money you drop on club seats and spend on whiskey. Grab some full season tickets in the very front row at center ice of the upper bowl and every now and then get some club tickets so you don't feel to plebeian. This would allow you to enjoy the benefits of being a full season ticket holder. Or, you could go and ***** to the CBJ ticket reps that because you spend so much money on half season tickets that you demand to be treated as a full season ticket holder.

From following this board and seeing what you have to say, I imagine you will go with the second route idea.

Proud season ticket holder in 210.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
These arguments about the merits of various season ticket holders do not lead to anything constructive.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I was at the game last night and it was god awful. That being said. This is one of the most pompous posts I have read since about 2010 when I started reading this board and even 2013 when I started posting.

Congratulations on spending $8000 a year on three club seats, I'm sure your income allows you to budget enough to spend that money, bravo. I'm fine with spending my $1100 per seat in the upper bowl for a full season, I actually like the view. This, like another poster said, allows me to spend more money on jerseys, hats, etc.

I have an idea or two for you. Instead of prancing around talking about how much money you drop on club seats and spend on whiskey. Grab some full season tickets in the very front row at center ice of the upper bowl and every now and then get some club tickets so you don't feel to plebeian. This would allow you to enjoy the benefits of being a full season ticket holder. Or, you could go and ***** to the CBJ ticket reps that because you spend so much money on half season tickets that you demand to be treated as a full season ticket holder.

From following this board and seeing what you have to say, I imagine you will go with the second route idea.

Proud season ticket holder in 210.

Are you glad you got that off your chest? Good, Merry Christmas to ya! I got club seats because I'm 6'4" and need the leg room...Happy New Year to you as well! I also got club seats because I take my 80 year old mother to the games and she doesn't have to climb up a long flight of stairs. Happy Festivus! And they don't have healthy food options other places. Merry Kwanzaa! And they don't sell whiskey in most of the upper and lower bowl. Happy Hanukkah!

I wasn't bragging....I was angry about their performance last night and had a Diet Mt. Dew this morning and needed to freak out about something....relax, I'm glad you enjoy sitting up top, Go Jackets..

Last edited:

WashedUp

Mar 28, 2014
To me anyone who has at least a 1/2 season ticket, PSL holder or not should qualify for the FFN. Its the least they could do considering what people shell out to see a perennial losing team. I've spent enough since day one to pay off my house. Not complaining though it was my choice. Better to have a loser NHL team and have hope than no team and no hope! -(Atlanta?)

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
To me anyone who has at least a 1/2 season ticket, PSL holder or not should qualify for the FFN. Its the least they could do considering what people shell out to see a perennial losing team. I've spent enough since day one to pay off my house. Not complaining though it was my choice. Better to have a loser NHL team and have hope than no team and no hope! -(Atlanta?)

I agree, I was looking back the other day and thought...I could have bought a corvette free and clear with a fraction of the money I've spent for and at the Jackets games, haha. SORRY NOT BRAGGING Camsanity!! Don't hit me again!

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Both of the last two debacles - the Hawks goal that shouldn't have counted and the Foligno non-goal that should have counted - Toronto had no choice because the on-ice officials missed calls. Toronto doesn't have the authority to call a goalie-interference penalty or some kind of dangerous play penalty, which Kruger should have had last game. And they aren't allowed to determine which team dislodges the net (if the on-ice officials noted the Predators were at fault, would it have made Foligno's goal legal?). I think in the long run we'll see more and more authority for off-ice officials, because they really can right the wrongs, if they're allowed to. We also might be able to remove some of the extra zebras from the ice.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203

I agree fully with your post. To do it in a way that can be enjoyable to all in the furutre though, I would say have 3 separate nights for the event. 1/2 season holders one night, then split the Full STH into 2 groups. That way more people get rewarded for their dedication to the team without being given the headache of the long lines like what happened again last night. Awesome to get free food, sucks to miss half the first period. I always feel really bad for the concession workers because CBJ decides to do it all on one night and it is a nightmare for them.

thebus2288*

Well I think the 'American Dream' questions have been answered.

At this time of year (or any) its pretty sad to see you guys complaining about these type's of issues. I mean you do realize that there's people all over that cant afford to go to any type of "event" at all, right? Some cant even afford the amount or possibly the quality of food given to you or your family for free.

And yet we have people *****'in about being able to spend thousands of dollars a year on a pure luxury and not getting enough free food or having to god forbid wait too long for it. And people *****-bragging bout the original *****-brag because they feel attacked for not being "good enough" by only spending hundreds of dollars a year.

None of you are any better than those people who managed to get whatever disgusting amount of free **** they could because it was their "right". Deep down you ARE those people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad