McElhinney

Inactive
Collins, Goloubef, Leopold

Injured
Anisimov, Gibbons, Hartnell, Horton, Jenner, Letestu, Murray​

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
0-0. 14 round shootout, Dalton Prout with the winner after sliding skates first from 50 ft out and flipping the puck by a stunned Pekka Rinne. No penalty is called because Prout stops five feet short of the goal.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
ugh...i forgotten...can't wait to see the ppl who bring shopping bags to the arena tonight to fill up...its actually quite disturbing...

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I hope the free food at least puts butts in the seats, I fear a sleepy 12k Monday night crowd and the team plays uninspired to a 3-1 Loss.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Jeff Rimer ‏@jrimercbj 25s26 seconds ago
#CBJ ice the same lineup vs #Preds tonight in their final GM before the Xmas break. A win and the Jackets make the long climb back to 500

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Kinda feels unreal the Jackets can be back at .500 with a win. They never seem to do anything the easy way, so .500 probably won't be reality until the middle of January.

But more and more, they're proving "this ain't the same ol' Jackets". So I'll cut them some slack, and remain optimistic until they show me otherwise. With the luck this team has had, going into the new year with a winning record would be nothing short of miracle.

So with that said...go Jackets!!! Beat those damn Preds!!!!!!!!

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Looking at the probable starting lineups in today's Dispatch. It is almost incredible that at this point in the season, 6 of our forwards, literally half the lineup, have zero goals. Talk about the devastation that this injury streak had created !!! Look no further than the fact that half our starting lineup has yet to score.

Go Bob.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I fear Bob won't be able to keep carrying this team. We need some players to step up. #11, #13, #41, #10. I'm hoping a couple of these guys start chipping in offensively.

WashedUp

Mar 28, 2014
It looking like a Bob vs Rinne contest tonight. Jackets have 6th best PP vs Preds 29th, could come down to special teams. PK they're about the same 21st vs 22nd. Need to stay out of box and put them in it!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Eric Stromgren ‏@estromgren 3m3 minutes ago
James Neal is out on the ice for #Preds morning skate. He was sick and missed Saturday's game against the Wild.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
It looking like a Bob vs Rinne contest tonight. Jackets have 6th best PP vs Preds 29th, could come down to special teams. PK they're about the same 21st vs 22nd. Need to stay out of box and put them in it!

Our special teams index is 102.2, not bad at all. If we pick it up on the PK, we could be top 5 in the league.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Feeling a goal from Wennberg tonight..

I was feeling it against the Hawks. He had a few pretty good in-close chances, but missed the net on both by 3+ feet.

He looked very much improved, though. His poise and decision making impressed me. But he really needs to improve on his shot accuracy and work on his faceoffs. 20-30% in the circle obviously won't cut it.

skajulb

Usher 112-113
Apr 17, 2014
As I recall many years ago, someone was able to score on us when the puck went into his pant leg and he slid into our goal (or something similar to that). Combined with the "as long as there's no kicking motion, it's a goal" rule, I'd like to request that Prout take the puck at center ice in the shoot out, stick handle it about 12 feet into the air at the top of the circles, pull the top of his pants out far enough to let the puck drop in as he comes down the slot, and then second-base slide/plow into Rinne at about 35 MPH into the net. Red light.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
As I recall many years ago, someone was able to score on us when the puck went into his pant leg and he slid into our goal (or something similar to that). Combined with the "as long as there's no kicking motion, it's a goal" rule, I'd like to request that Prout take the puck at center ice in the shoot out, stick handle it about 12 feet into the air at the top of the circles, pull the top of his pants out far enough to let the puck drop in as he comes down the slot, and then second-base slide/plow into Rinne at about 35 MPH into the net. Red light.

Wes Walz, overtime goal v. Minnesota. I remember it very, very well.

For some reason I have a feeling that Dubi or Foligno come out with a Gordie Howe hat trick tonight.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Our special teams index is 102.2, not bad at all. If we pick it up on the PK, we could be top 5 in the league.

If I remember correctly Rimer said we're something 33 of our last 36 on the pk, which is a HUGE improvement over the beginning of the season.

I was feeling it against the Hawks. He had a few pretty good in-close chances, but missed the net on both by 3+ feet.

He looked very much improved, though. His poise and decision making impressed me. But he really needs to improve on his shot accuracy and work on his faceoffs. 20-30% in the circle obviously won't cut it.
I agree he's needed to work on his faceoffs since he got here. His shootout attempt was pretty nice too, but he needs to sit out there on the optional skates and work with Skille or Johansen haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad