GDT: Game 32: Red Wings @ Coyotes | 3-25-13 | 7PM MST | FS Arizona

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
With great regret I must report:

Jonas .878 SV% Vs. LaBarbera .925 SV%

LoL has only faced them twice in the last 5 years. Once as a starter and gave up 3 goals in a SOL. The other was in mop up duty last year in which one goal was given up. In the years prior....turnstile.

:facepalm:

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Would be cool to beat the Red Wings. Or just win in general.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Have to imagine a loss here would put Maloney in sell mode.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Have to imagine a loss here would put Maloney in sell mode.

One would think, yeah. This season was stupid. I really hope we don't make an major decisions based off this 48/99 nonsense. I mean, there is little stuff we've learned that's valuable like Michael Stone is the real deal and clearly a better asset than Summers, for example. We've learned that Sullivan is not the answer for next season. Minor stuff like that. Having said that, I'd hate to see us trade everyone over thirty and fire the whole coaching staff, or anything nuts like that. I don't even want to trade Yandle, and I'd rather hang onto our vets than trade them for middling pieces like mid-round picks and long-shot prospects. Let's just stay the course, see if we heat up and if not, we can re-tool this summer.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Let's just stay the course, see if we heat up and if not, we can re-tool this summer.

There's not a lot of wiggle room there, though. At least not under current conditions. Conditions that might not exist in a few months time. For all we know, this team could hit the draft and FA with a new coach, new GM and a new city. I don't really see status quo as appealing. I have zero desire to see this team limp into next year sans Maloney and Tippett. I imagine the ticket base would feel the same way.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Let's see here, Monday, March 25 is:

• Maryland Day - In Maryland;
  • The International Day to Remember Slavery Victims and Transatlantic Slave Trade;
  • The World Solidarity Day for Detained and Missing Workers; and
  • Seward's Day - In Alaska

Come on now, it's Passover! Where my Jews at?

I think if we lose this one, then the season is as good as over. One win, we are right back in the 9th spot and may have a tiny bit of gas left in the tank. Go Coyotes!

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Come on now, it's Passover! Where my Jews at?

I think if we lose this one, then the season is as good as over. One win, we are right back in the 9th spot and may have a tiny bit of gas left in the tank. Go Coyotes!

We are having Passover Seder this Friday. We are not Jewish, though.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

To put it in context: The Coyotes need to go 10-4-3 in order to have a greater than 50% chance of making the playoffs according to sportsclubstats. With Smith hurt and everyone cold, I don't see it. rt is right that there's really no need to give up on the season at the deadline. Even if you trade Raffi and Gordon, or even a D, you could still conceivably make it. Maloney may put all the big decisions off until the draft. By then, it may not even be him calling the shots.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Wish I were there. Stupid car...

Can be made up for if we win the game, though. Win the game. That's all I care about. I agree that if we lose this one we might as well kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I'm not sure I want to see this team make the playoffs. What an ass whoopin' we would get from the 'Hawks... or any other team.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
I'm not sure I want to see this team make the playoffs. What an ass whoopin' we would get from the 'Hawks... or any other team.

The Hawks would be licking their chops at the chance to kick our a** in the playoffs, after what we did to them last year.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I can see it: first overall pick the same week the move is officially announced. :laugh:

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Nash is such an ass. Nothing pretty? That was a beautiful setup at the point finished with a perfect tip. That's a damn nice goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad