GDT: Game 32: Red Wings @ Coyotes | 3-25-13 | 7PM MST | FS Arizona

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Rabbit is probably one of the most optimistic posters on this board. I give him credit.

:laugh: hasn't always been that way man. I used to be a glass half empty kinda dude when it came to the Coyotes. I guess the only reason why i am fighting tooth and nail to defend this season's chances is because i fear it may be our last, and i don't want to go out like this. It's a damn shame.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
:laugh: hasn't always been that way man. I used to be a glass half empty kinda dude when it came to the Coyotes. I guess the only reason why i am fighting tooth and nail to defend this season's chances is because i fear it may be our last, and i don't want to go out like this. It's a damn shame.

It really is a damn shame.. I agree with you there 100%

BigGumby

Apr 20, 2012
Moon Valley

Yep, if it is to be the team's last season in the valley, it certainly would feel like they went out on their knees.

However, it would make forgetting about the team that much easier. :sarcasm:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Technically, the run last year should have never happened. The Coyotes were a nay vote or two away from moving to Winnipeg way back when. Anything and everything that came after is just gravy, in my opinion. Seattle will be an amazing home for them, if they do move. No point in worrying about it. Out of our hands.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Man, this sucks. Six in a row including the OT losses.

12th in the conference, 4 points out of a tie for 8th with 2 other teams, 4 points out of last in the conference, with 16 games to play.

If this was the kitchen, I'd be saying 'ma, smells like somethings burning...'

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
Anyone remember when LaBarbera started and won the game? For me it is complete joke.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Labarbera always looks terrible in goal to me...his rebound control is atrocious and he always looks like he's flopping around for no reason.

Again, I'd prefer Chad Johnson as our backup...I know that Babs is a good locker room guy, but at some point, you have to be able to stop pucks.

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
If i'm not wrong Barbs lost 11 game in a row when he was starter (incl. SO losses) and his last win from start was in Dec 2011. Whoa.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
LaBarbera wasn't terrible, but I hope Johnson starts next game. What's the worst that can happen, we lose?

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
You know what's not sustainable?

Averaging 5 PKs/game over this 6 game losing streak, excluding the SO loss to CBJ.

On the season, we are 4-10-3 when we take 4+ penalties. :shakehead

Clearly, if you're taking 4+ penalties in over half of your games, you're probably not going to be successful.

^ This.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I see the LaBarbara hate is ramping up again.

This loss is not LaBarbara's fault. In fact, if it hadn't been for LaBarbara it wouldn't have been as close as it was.

yave1964

22 and counting
Mar 22, 2013
Lexington ohio
Hi from a Wings fan. Not here to troll, just offer my own observations.

This team should be proud of all they have accomplished under the most adversity that I can remember. It is a tribute to an amazing combination of the right coach and right general manager. Kuddos.

Outside looking in, again not trolling, but while many, (Ekman Larsson, Yandle, Torres come right to mind) are going all out, it looks like some of the players have quit. Klesla and Boedker come to mind from this one game.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Hi from a Wings fan. Not here to troll, just offer my own observations.

This team should be proud of all they have accomplished under the most adversity that I can remember. It is a tribute to an amazing combination of the right coach and right general manager. Kuddos.

Outside looking in, again not trolling, but while many, (Ekman Larsson, Yandle, Torres come right to mind) are going all out, it looks like some of the players have quit. Klesla and Boedker come to mind from this one game.
Boedker has been our most consistent player all year. I wouldn't mind if he took a couple nights off. That said, i didn't see him slacking last night, but maybe I'm just biased. I don't know.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
What you might've seen with Boedker is his lack of confidence with the puck. He's easy to pressure and coughs of the puck early because he doesn't see what to do next. When he doesn't do that, he's fantastic, but I think he needs line mates who will work better with him.

It honestly feels like the team knows something and just doesn't want to play. They started out with a bang but then ran out of steam against a team on the second night of a back to back? How does that happen?

Last edited:

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
It honestly feels like the team knows something and just doesn't want to play. They started out with a bang but then ran out of steam against a team on the second night of a back to back? How does that happen?

I've felt that ever since the Jamison announcement that the deal was not going to happen, the team has been playing less than 100%. Sure, there are a few guys who play all-out because that is who they are, but as a whole, it just feels like they are calling it in. Maybe they don't know that the team is moving, but they sure know that the guarantee of them staying for 20 years is off the table. And no matter how many pep talks and angry speeches from the captain there might be, it's hard to care about something if you feel it's a lost cause.

And I don't really feel that they are scared/sad that the team is moving and they don't want to move - as professional athletes, getting traded and moved around is generally part of the game. But the feeling that nobody wants them (at least not enough to make this deal happen), that's got to sting a bit.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
And I don't really feel that they are scared/sad that the team is moving and they don't want to move - as professional athletes, getting traded and moved around is generally part of the game. But the feeling that nobody wants them (at least not enough to make this deal happen), that's got to sting a bit.
Precisely. It's not that they don't care about winning. You can tell by the way they celebrate goals and whatnot that they care about the game and about their teammates. The problem is a nagging feeling that it doesn't matter whether they win or not. It's like a kid who stops trying in school because the family is moving out of town over the summer. (I've been there and it sucks.) It's hard to blame them.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
It's hard to blame them.

Hmmm no, that hard. Our attendance has been good, fans are cheering, and they're still getting paid as far as I know. The least the players can do is give paying customers a solid, honest effort every night, all the way to fan appreciation night.

Jesus, as much as I loathe player bashing for lack of loyalty when it comes to big money contracts, I don't understand the empathy when these millionaires are mailing it in in front of 15K+ paying fans. We're not talking about kids whose parents are moving, These are supposed to be grow-ass professional athletes.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
Hmmm no, that hard. Our attendance has been good, fans are cheering, and they're still getting paid as far as I know. The least the players can do is give paying customers a solid, honest effort every night, all the way to fan appreciation night.

Jesus, as much as I loathe player bashing for lack of loyalty when it comes to big money contracts, I don't understand the empathy when these millionaires are mailing it in in front of 15K+ paying fans. We're not talking about kids whose parents are moving, These are supposed to be grow-ass professional athletes.
I would like to take this opportunity to agree with you.

Further, I would like to state for the record that where my remarks, misguided as they were, suggest empathy, I would amend them to convey not empathy, but merely the absence of surprise. If we may return to my ill-conceived school metaphor: if the child will be moving away to attend a different school in a new city, it does not follow that he ought to be spared the correctives of switch or yard-stick in the meantime, if for example he should become a truant, or make faces when the teacher isn't looking.

TL;DR: I want to see Dave Tippett beat players who don't try. Preferably with a switch. In the sauna.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad