Pre-Game Talk: Game #31: Vancouver Canucks vs Phoenix Coyotes - Friday Dec.6th 7:00PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Pretty big game with Minny winning tonight.

Getting 2 points in regulation time Friday would go a long ways to getting back in the playoff race.

Sunday brings the Avs and another "win the game in regulation would go a long ways game."

Pseudonymous*

So could corrado were not talking about alberts/shea weber. I am a big corrado fan but he had a few ups and downs in pre season himself, his last game here he played extremely well but the prior couple of games he was not immune to mistakes.

Our entire d core has had screw ups themselves this year that costed us games.

He deserves one game opportunity since the team/gillis has him on the roster as an extra d man, other wise whats the point of him? If hes not playing well.... gills needs to waive him and bring someone else up, theirs no point keeping an extra d taking up a roster spot if nobody wants to even use him when we have an injury on defense.

Ill let you see the difference for yourself ;) Because if alberts is getting that many games, theyre either going to sit him on the bench or eventually call somebody else up because they feel hes hurting them. Though even if he does lousy, its just going to be weber next. :shakehead

we should acquire a bunch of scrubs everytime we have an nhl ready prospect and place them RIGHT ahead of them in the depth chart! woot woot winning formula!

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Ill let you see the difference for yourself ;) Because if alberts is getting that many games, theyre either going to sit him on the bench or eventually call somebody else up because they feel hes hurting them. Though even if he does lousy, its just going to be weber next. :shakehead

What? I think you should re-read my last post.

You also said if alberts is getting that many games, i said if alberts is struggling tomorrow hurting the team he should be waived.

I am arguing that alberts deserves tomorrows game to get a chance to see if he can play well. What terrible asset management if we keep alberts and never use him even when we have an injury on D.

we should acquire a bunch of scrubs everytime we have an nhl ready prospect and place them RIGHT ahead of them in the depth chart! woot woot winning formula!

yes thats what i said, lets go acquire scrubs..

Pseudonymous*

What? I think you should re-read my last post.

You also said if alberts is getting that many games, i said if alberts is struggling tomorrow hurting the team he should be waived.

I am arguing that alberts deserves tomorrows game to get a chance to prove himself if he can play well. What terrible asset management if we keep alberts and never use him even when we have an injury on D.

why would they waive him? what happens when there is more than one injury? just because hes an 8th d man, doesn't mean he should be waived. he should be the 8th d man, not 7th IMO thats all i want. i dont like having weber & alberts ahead of corrado when hes nhl ready and a flat out better defender. with edler being out a while, and another d likely to go down eventually, there could be alot of games to be had throughout the rest of the season

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
why would they waive him? what happens when there is more than one injury? just because hes an 8th d man, doesn't mean he should be waived. he should be the 8th d man, not 7th IMO thats all i want. i dont like having weber & alberts ahead of corrado when hes nhl ready and a flat out better defender. with edler being out a while, and another d likely to go down eventually, there could be alot of games to be had throughout the rest of the season

What purpose does he serve if we carry an extra D and when we have an injury we place call ups ahead of him on the depth chart without even giving him a one game shot?

All im saying is he deserves a chance tomorrow to prove himself and play a game tomorrow, nothing more, he is ahead of corrado on the depth chart right now as our extra d man who is here to fill in when we have an injury and deserves a shot tomorrow..

Also waiving him does not mean he wont clear and we loose him. But hes a pointless asset carrying him if were putting corrado and weber ahead of him on the depth chart.

Last edited:

Pseudonymous*

What purpose does he serve if we carry an extra D and when we have an injury we place call ups ahead of him on the depth chart without even giving him a one game shot?

All im saying is he deserves a chance tomorrow to prove himself and play a game tomorrow, nothing more, he is ahead of corrado on the depth chart right now and deserves a shot tomorrow..

Also waiving him does not mean he wont clear and we loose him.

well whatever. im confident in dropping this for now because i know it wont take long before people are reminded what alberts brings to the table

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
well whatever. im confident in dropping this for now because i know it wont take long before people are reminded what alberts brings to the table

I said i would gave him a game tomorrow and a short leash, im not arguing anything more. All im arguing is giving him one game to see how he does, and your arguing he should not get even that.

Were not far off in our assessments at all, if he screws up tomorrow and is not playing well and is an absolute hazard to the team, i am fully behind bringing corrado up. I just think as our extra d man hes the obvious guy to fill in for an injury and get a chance tomorrow. And if hes awful tomorrow and gets benched Gillis needs to look at waiving him to utica if he cant fill in even one game when we have an injured D.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad