Pre-Game Talk: Game #31: Vancouver Canucks vs Phoenix Coyotes - Friday Dec.6th 7:00PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
large.png
vs
large.png

WHEN: Friday, December 6th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, British Columbia
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TEAM 1040AM

Vancouver Canucks

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - David Booth
Chris Higgins - Ryan Kesler - Mike Santorelli
Jannik Hansen - Brad Richardson - Dale Weise
Tom Sestito - Zac Dalpe - Zack Kassian

Dan Hamhuis - Kevin Bieksa
Jason Garrison - Chris Tanev
Andrew Alberts - Ryan Stanton

Roberto Luongo

Phoenix Coyotes

Mikkel Boedker - Antoine Vermette - Shane Doan
Robert Klinkhammer - Martin Hanzal - Radim Vrbata
Tim Kennedy - Michael Ribeiro - Jordan Szwarz
Kyle Chipchura - Jeff Halpern - David Moss

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Michael Stone
Keith Yandle - Connor Murphy
David Schlemko - Derek Morris

Mike Smith

Last edited:

StringerBell

Can we petition the NHL to let us play this one in Phoenix, home of the louder Canucks contingent? We really seem reliant on that key 'first change' this year.

Pseudonymous*

no corrado callup eh, amazing. i recall being choked about it (him not making the team) and fans all got on me about him needing big minutes and not possible he can get that up here and that he'll get called up if a top 4 goes down. well.... i was ****ing sure that wouldnt' happen

i should go find all those idiot responses to me being disappointed about it

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
no corrado callup eh, amazing. i recall being choked about it (him not making the team) and fans all got on me about him needing big minutes and not possible he can get that up here and that he'll get called up if a top 4 goes down. well.... i was ****ing sure that wouldnt' happen

Yuuuuuuuuup. Enter: Alberts, Andrew.

:pullhair:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

i should go find all those idiot responses to me being disappointed about it

Same here. I remember that people said that he would for sure be up whenever someone got hurt.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
If Edler's out for a short amount of time (i.e. 1-2 games), I doubt they'll call up Corrado just to send him back as soon as he gets here.....

However, if Edler's out for more than 2 games I fully expect him to be called up.

Pseudonymous*

If Edler's out for a short amount of time (i.e. 1-2 games), I doubt they'll call up Corrado just to send him back as soon as he gets here.....

Lets say its 1-2 games, which who knows, could be longer and i still dont see them doing it but lets just say its only that. Why not? With games being so important (chasing a playoff spot), why not bring up the best player we have available and give him experience, prospects get callups for a couple games all the time. even ones that are projected to be very good.

this 1 game is against the team we're competing for the last playoff spot with, hell this one game is a 4 point night basically

not surprised to see excuses though. if he got called up, you'd be defending why he was called up wouldn't you ;) all you posters are so predictable :P

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Lets say its 1-2 games, which who knows, could be longer and i still dont see them doing it but lets just say its only that. Why not? With games being so important (chasing a playoff spot), why not bring up the best player we have available and give him experience, prospects get callups for a couple games all the time. even ones that are projected to be very good.

this 1 game is against the team we're competing for the last playoff spot with, hell this one game is a 4 point night basically

not surprised to see excuses though. if he got called up, you'd be defending why he was called up wouldn't you ;) all you posters are so predictable :P

Because what's the point of bringing him up for one game (the 6th), Frankie would need to get from Rochester to the nearest international airport and fly in likely tomorrow. He'd arrive late afternoon (at the earliest) and have virtually no time to practice with the team, adjust to the system, etc. Then after the game he'd need to fly back. If it's two games, I could see the argument but Torts may elect to give Alberts some game action (ugh) to prevent rust.

IMO the benefits would outweigh the costs at the 3 game mark. He'd be up for a reasonably lengthy amount of time and would be given time and opportunity to learn the system, practice, and adjust.

It's not an excuse. It's just not wanting to jerk Frankie around if he's going to see minimal minutes in one game as a replacement bottom pairing defenseman (if any at all).

Pseudonymous*

Because what's the point of bringing him up for one game (the 6th), Frankie would need to get from Rochester to the nearest international airport and fly in likely tomorrow. He'd arrive late afternoon (at the earliest) and have virtually no time to practice with the team, adjust to the system, etc. Then after the game he'd need to fly back. If it's two games, I could see the argument but Torts may elect to give Alberts some game action (ugh) to prevent rust.

IMO the benefits would outweigh the costs at the 3 game mark. He'd be up for a reasonably lengthy amount of time and would be given time and opportunity to learn the system, practice, and adjust.

It's not an excuse. It's just not wanting to jerk Frankie around if he's going to see minimal minutes in one game as a replacement bottom pairing defenseman (if any at all).

fair enough, so 2 games you can start seeing a point to it? at what game mark would you think it was the best option to bring him up? 3+?

roastpuff

Jan 15, 2013
This game is on my birthday. The Canucks better not give me a goose egg loss as a present! :rant:

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
fair enough, so 2 games you can start seeing a point to it? at what game mark would you think it was the best option to bring him up? 3+?

Yes. If Edler's out for at least 3 games, I think it would be a good decision to call up Corrado. If Edler's out for 2 games, I will disagree but I don't argue against it as I can see the argument for it. If Edler's out for 1 game, I would disagree with calling him up.

Basically if it's going to be obviously temporary, it's better to leave him as he is and not confuse him a la Tampa w/ Oberg in that one ridiculous season.

Pseudonymous*

Yes. If Edler's out for at least 3 games, I think it would be a good decision to call up Corrado. If Edler's out for 2 games, I will disagree but I don't argue against it as I can see the argument for it. If Edler's out for 1 game, I would disagree with calling him up.

Basically if it's going to be obviously temporary, it's better to leave him as he is and not confuse him a la Tampa w/ Oberg in that one ridiculous season.

yeah i agree, well we'll see how it plays out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad