Pre-Game Talk: Game #31: Vancouver Canucks vs Phoenix Coyotes - Friday Dec.6th 7:00PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
@TEAM1040: Canucks @GMMikeGillis says Alex Edler is out indefinitely with a knee injury. Can't predict the timeframe for Edler's return

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
I have no problem with AHLberts in the lineup for one game at home.
But would rather see Corrado called up for Saturday if Edler's is going to be out more than 2-3 games. He was much better than Alberts in the pre-season.
I also wouldn't mind having Torts and the Canucks staff working with Corrado, with all due respect to Travis Green.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
@TEAM1040: Canucks @GMMikeGillis says Alex Edler is out indefinitely with a knee injury. Can't predict the timeframe for Edler's return

Corrado should be called up then, there's really no excuse not to.

neutral*

Let's beat these dirty coyote pukes!!!! Canucks domination time!!!

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Has David Booth ever scored or assisted on a goal when playing with the Sedins? would be interested in seeing the stat line with those 3 together - it's an awful fit IMO.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I would prefer corrado but what side does he play?

Isn't alberts a left sided d man?

I guess he could play on his off side even if he is a right side defense-men but im not sure how much experience he has on that side.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I would prefer corrado but what side does he play?

Isn't alberts a left sided d man?

I guess he could play on his off side even if he is a right side defense-men but im not sure how much experience he has on that side.

LS: Garrison, Hamhuis & Stanton.
RS: Bieksa, Tanev, _________

If we have the option to get a better player than Alberts and play everyone on their best sides, why even bring Alberts into the discussion. If we lost another LS D, then play Alberts.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
LS: Garrison, Hamhuis & Stanton.
RS: Bieksa, Tanev, _________

If we have the option to get a better player than Alberts and play everyone on their best sides, why even bring Alberts into the discussion. If we lost another LS D, then play Alberts.

I am assuming they are giving him a shot because hes sitting on the roster getting paid not doing anything.

I keep forgetting garrison is a lefty because he played the right side with hamhuis so much last season under av and now with edler. But I dont think he has played a game on the left side with us in two seasons.

Last edited:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Hasn't garrison been playing the right side all season though.

I am assuming they are giving him a shot because hes sitting on the roster getting paid not doing anything.

Garrison is still a better on his LS as he's natural LS Dman IMHO, he's playing right because we have too many lefts and not enough rights. Alberts is OK as a one game filler but I don't want to see him in the lineup for extended periods at the expense of better players and better balance.

Pseudonymous*

Garrison is still a better on his LS as he's natural LS Dman IMHO, he's playing right because we have too many lefts and not enough rights. Alberts is OK as a one game filler but I don't want to see him in the lineup for extended periods at the expense of better players and better balance.

:nod::handclap:

if we fall a couple points away from a playoff spot, ill especially be mad about this easy choice he didn't get right

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

Ya I dont want to see him here for a considerable amount of time thats for sure, but im just discussing the next game in the pre game talk thread, i assume if he screws up once he will be back on the bench and someone will get the call up.

They either need to waive him or play him, I dont understand what good he is if we carry an extra d man we dont want to use when someone is injured. He is naturally going to get a shot, the only other option would be to waive him and thats gillis end.

:nod::handclap:

if we fall a couple points away from a playoff spot, ill especially be mad about this easy choice he didn't get right

I would rather see corrado get some games during edlers injury but i think were exaggerating here if were winning and loosing games based on the difference between alberts and carrado right now. If were loosing games i dont think it will be just because we used alberts, although if he screws up i hope hes on a short leash.

Last edited:

Pseudonymous*

I would rather see corrado get some games during edlers injury but i think were exaggerating here if were winning and loosing games based on the difference between alberts and carrado right now. If were loosing games i dont think it will be just because we used alberts, although if he screws up i hope hes on a short leash.

I disagree, games are typically pretty tight, and one goal is the difference between losing and winning most games. Its not like carrying an extra sub par forward.

In two games, he could easily be a big reason for a loss. And this isn't just one or two games edler is missing either

Atleast i know he will be played VERY few minutes, torts isn't a big fan of him. I'd be more worried if it was A.V since he liked to spread around the minutes a little more

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Studying for an exam and one of the sections is on infections. Every time I read staph., I think of Chris Higgins.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I disagree, games are typically pretty tight, and one goal is the difference between losing and winning most games. Its not like carrying an extra sub par forward.

In two games, he could easily be a big reason for a loss. And this isn't just one or two games edler is missing either

Atleast i know he will be played VERY few minutes, torts isn't a big fan of him. I'd be more worried if it was A.V since he liked to spread around the minutes a little more

So could corrado were not talking about alberts/shea weber. I am a big corrado fan but he had a few ups and downs in pre season himself, his last game here he played extremely well but the prior couple of games he was not immune to mistakes.

Our entire d core has had screw ups themselves this year that costed us games.

He deserves a one game opportunity since the team/gillis has him on the roster as an extra d man, other wise whats the point of him? If hes not playing well tomorrow and he ends up on the bench.... gills needs to waive him immediately and bring someone else up, there's no point carrying an extra d taking up a roster spot if nobody wants to even use him when we have an injury on defense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad