Pre-Game Talk: Game #31: Vancouver Canucks vs Phoenix Coyotes - Friday Dec.6th 7:00PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

oyvey

meet you at the bottom if there really is one
Jan 6, 2010
Toronto
I wish our building could be a hard one to play in... I mean for the other team.

We badly need to beat a team ahead of us in our division, just for confidence alone. I'll say we get a few bounces in an ugly 4-3 win.

Pseudonymous*

Well when I think about it you have to be fair to Alberts. But I rather have Corrado tbh.

weber is the 8th guy now, hes playing in the minors. if corrado came in, all that means is alberts is the 8th guy and he needs 2 injuries to get in instead of one. not that uncommon.

if its okay for weber to the current 8th guy, shouldn't it be okay for alberts to be?

but yea i still do see your point

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Scary to think we hadn't won back to back games since Oct. 28th. Hopefully we can keep this win streak going.

Lord Flacko*

no corrado callup eh, amazing. i recall being choked about it (him not making the team) and fans all got on me about him needing big minutes and not possible he can get that up here and that he'll get called up if a top 4 goes down. well.... i was ****ing sure that wouldnt' happen

i should go find all those idiot responses to me being disappointed about it

Please cry a little more.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I just don't get how Phoenix scores so much. With their talent it's a bloody anomaly.

Ribeiro and Vrbata are great offensive forwards, and their forward depth is really solid. I think the offense generated from their defense and from all the great puckmovers back there is what gives them their surprising offense.

Frankiedarling

Jan 27, 2012
Seattle, Washington
Ribeiro and Vrbata are great offensive forwards, and their forward depth is really solid. I think the offense generated from their defense and from all the great puckmovers back there is what gives them their surprising offense.

Those guys aren't great.... they're good. Agree about the defense though. It's just so weird sometimes.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Those guys aren't great.... they're good. Agree about the defense though. It's just so weird sometimes.

Yeah, I worded it poorly. They have a decent group of forwards offensively, paired with some great offensive defensemen. I don't think they'll sustain this level of offense though.

Frankiedarling

Jan 27, 2012
Seattle, Washington
Yeah, I worded it poorly. They have a decent group of forwards offensively, paired with some great offensive defensemen. I don't think they'll sustain this level of offense though.

Going to be interesting to see. Normally you see a team scoring like this have at least *one* A-grade sniper, but no one really qualifies. I do wonder how much is luck and how much is just... making it work?

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

Yep, I think Yandle and OEL have helped a lot!

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I just don't get how Phoenix scores so much. With their talent it's a bloody anomaly.

A combination of solidifying their depth at C with Ribeiro and sacrificing defense for offense overall. PHX is 8th worst overall in GA/20. Very much unlike a Tippet coached squad. Still, whatever more they give up in defense, they make up for offensively. So it's been working thus far.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
A combination of solidifying their depth at C with Ribeiro and sacrificing defense for offense overall. PHX is 8th worst overall in GA/20. Very much unlike a Tippet coached squad. Still, whatever more they give up in defense, they make up for offensively. So it's been working thus far.

Wasn't Ribeiro playing Wing for a while though? Hanzal is having an incredible year.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Yuuuuuuuuup. Enter: Alberts, Andrew.

:pullhair:

Oh ffs. *sigh* Well, maybe next time we'll get Corrado. My money's on him deserving to stick the next time he gets to see NHL ice.

I'm thrilled that Alberts is going to get a chance to play. Prove em wrong Andrew.

Uh...yeah. Well, I guess he couldn't be a hell of a lot worse than Edler has lately.

And yes, very important game. These divisional matchups have to start turning our way like last month.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Wasn't Ribeiro playing Wing for a while though? Hanzal is having an incredible year.

Could be. The games I have watched he was at C. Another thing to point out here is that PHX is also 4th worst in shots again/60, with 33.1. The Canucks, by contrast, are 8th best with 27.0 SA/60. So PHX does allow teams more of an opportunity to come back at them.

Just another aside, PHX is 3rd overall in SF/60 at 31.9. VAN is 5th with 31.6. Both teams get a lot of shots for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad