Post-Game Talk: Game # 30 Rangers @ Capitals 03/20/2021 - 7pm EST - MSG

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
1. ZIb
2. Kinkaid
3. Fox

4. Kakko - He didn't score but was really effective. Needs to be out there to help defend close games.
He gets after the attacker in the neutral zone almost as well as Mika. He’s dominant that way. Huge plus.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Watching Howden play over Julien Gauthier is straight up PAIN.

We do not need Howden for his “PKing ability”.

Blackwell, Rooney, Zib, Buch

Those are your PKers. And in a pinch you have Strome and even Kreider.

We do not need Brett Howden.

Gauthier is a great player but he absolutely deserved some time off for that garbage he pulled in that Flyers game even accounting for his goal.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Gauthier is a great player but he absolutely deserved some time off for that garbage he pulled in that Flyers game even accounting for his goal.
Howden went 37 games without a goal. He only got one tonight because he was on the ice for some reason with a minute left and Strome gifted him an ENG. He sat for one game. Gauthier has sat a lot more. He has way more ability and should play.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Our first PP looked pretty good. The rest were trash. It needs to change.
It's infuriating.

We see they are capable of it. Then they turn to the perimeter slop. Strome needs to be taken off. We need a LHS on the right wall.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Getting real sick of the team this year
52j4mx.jpg

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Big win. Zibanejad I think is back. Wonderful play for the winning goal. Kinkaid was excellent too. Buchnevich. I like how are defense has improved this year. We’re not an easy team to play against. Kudos to Strome for setting up Howden. I know Brett isn’t an easy player to like but you could see the love from his teammates after he scored. That’s a good thing.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
The one positive I will say for the coaching is I like that they found time for Kakko in the 3rd. He was going all game.

Should have been in place of Blackwell on the 2nd line but he got his ice.

I still feel giving the kids their own line is a good thing. I think Laf and Kakko play in deference whenever they're with the big four.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Why is Buchnevich, our leading point getter and most consistent forward this year, not getting time on the first PP unit?

It doesn't make sense why one of the most talented players on the team is on the 2nd PP unit with players who struggle to score.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Howden went 37 games without a goal. He only got one tonight because he was on the ice for some reason with a minute left and Strome gifted him an ENG. He sat for one game. Gauthier has sat a lot more. He has way more ability and should play.

I'm absolutely dumbfounded how you sit a 6'4 225lb fast goal scorer.

I don't care if he accidently high sticks someone. What he has can't be taught, get him back on the ice.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hajek needs some love. He's been good
Raising that trade value. Call up the yotes. Too bad That idiot isn't still the GM. Chayka or whatever his name is.
Seriously tho his game has been super solid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad