Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Give him the C!

a4be71c2-04e0-4751-a8c0-52a69c78d6a5

That guy next to him has no forehead

Reactions: Cmox and will1066

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
As much as Kakko not scoring frustrates us all, it was nice to see he is trusted defensively. Remember last year when sometimes they actually had a winger on his place for own zone FO, and when they cleared he would then come in? Now he is put on after a GWG scored less than 3 minutes to go, and he played a great defensive shift.

Yeah yeah, it's still annoying he's not scoring but have to find some silver linings there too though?

Reactions: Larrybiv and Kords

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wasn’t a terrible game, till they went full turtle in the 3rd trying to win it on a 1 goal lead against a dangerous Caps team.

Mika is back, now has 10 points in his last 5 games, and that move on Dillon was the Mika we’ve loved from the last 2 seasons just hustling and taking control of the game.

Kinkaid who gets so much heat here, was very good with some of those late saves. Overall happy they were able to get the win.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Don't care what anyone says, Kakko is dangerous on every shift. He wins battles all night and his teammates are not finishing. That kid line has to play 17 minutes a night to see what it can do. Great job by Mika in a big spot.

Can’t blame it all on his teammates when he didn’t bury a grade A chance tonight.

With that said, he has looked great. The points will come in time.

Reactions: Ori

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
As much as Kakko not scoring frustrates us all, it was nice to see he is trusted defensively. Remember last year when sometimes they actually had a winger on his place for own zone FO, and when they cleared he would then come in? Now he is put on after a GWG scored less than 3 minutes to go, and he played a great defensive shift.

Yeah yeah, it's still annoying he's not scoring but have to find some silver linings there too though?
Might sound pessimistic but eh, I don’t really care how good he’s playing defensively. That’s not what he was drafted 2nd overall for

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We got outplayed but we're owed one. More than one, actually.

I like a lot of what I see. We're learning how to play with structure. Then we'll take the reigns off.

We're following the Torts to AV arc where we play tight and then drop the bass when the time is right. Except this time we'll have more natural talent.

Reactions: Larrybiv and Cmox

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Howden looks way more than like Bieber than Hughes. And apparently Bieber is a legit hockey player so I’ll take us having a Bieber

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
We should have had both, but I'd take it.

It's beyond time to make adjustments to the PP. Hoping Quinny took some notes while watching Vally from home.

These are the games we need for the kids to learn and grow from... great experience

I don't want to look back after these last 2 games.
Keep Quinn tf away from this team..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad