Post-Game Talk: Game # 30 Rangers @ Capitals 03/20/2021 - 7pm EST - MSG

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I think the fact that he has made such drastic improvements in his nonexistent defensive game to being actually a pretty good defensive player now is encouraging. Because that means he wants to learn, and probably will learn. I still think it's more about his confidence when it comes to offense.

Add some speed during the summer with proper skating coach and then he can start to drive the offense more himself. ATM he kinda needs the help of others because he's not fast enough. Good thing is, this can be fixed. He should just call Rantanen and ask his advice on the subject.

I don't think Rantanen is a lot faster, but he is definitely stronger. Did you see the bomb Mikko scored against the Wild? Kakko has to take some Mikko lessons on shooting/finishing too.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
I'm absolutely dumbfounded how you sit a 6'4 225lb fast goal scorer.

I don't care if he accidently high sticks someone. What he has can't be taught, get him back on the ice.
I agree. He has some flaws to work on but his size, speed, skill and willingness to drive the net is a combination that is nice to work with. We need to play him and develop him.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We gave up 16 shots. We shut them down yesterday. Its not their fault Geo decided to go on a road trip to the half boards.
We outplayed them nearly the entire series. Fox was a part of that. He also was part of the issue on those goals given up.

Similar scenarios happened today but the man/stick was tied up

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
When Ovechkin and Fox are both on the ice this year, the Rangers have 57% of the scoring chances.

Yet Ovechkin scored back to back goals against the Rangers last game including the game winner.

Scoring chances don't matter in the grand scheme of things unless you finish on them. I would rather have 43% scoring chances with Ovechkin on the ice, than 57% of scoring chances with whoever we put on the ice [with the potential exception of Panarin].

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
It's infuriating.

We see they are capable of it. Then they turn to the perimeter slop. Strome needs to be taken off. We need a LHS on the right wall.

We could have won so many more games with a better power play. We draw the most penalties per game in the league. It's not cashing on those chances that will be written on this season's epitaph if it goes sideways.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We could have won so many more games with a better power play. We draw the most penalties per game in the league. It's not cashing on those chances that will be written on this season's epitaph if it goes sideways.
It's not even that we dont score... it's so bad that it sucks the life out of us and gives the momentum to the opposing team.

It also killed Shesty

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yet Ovechkin scored back to back goals against the Rangers last game including the game winner.

Scoring chances don't matter in the grand scheme of things unless you finish on them. I would rather have 43% scoring chances with Ovechkin on the ice, than 57% of scoring chances with whoever we put on the ice [with the potential exception of Panarin].

What a mismatch. Wish we used Hajek.

We've been putting up with Ovechkin for 15 years and this is the least noticeable he's ever been against the Rangers, but f*** Adam Fox because a guy with 720 goals got a couple last night.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
we were heavily outplayed but i’m happy with the result. i find our structure much more noticeable. some good things are going

i’m kinda sick of blackwell. not enough to take him out or anything but definitely at least a demotion. kills lots of plays with his poor instincts

leapt out of my seat at that Zib goal. f***ing awesome

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad