GDT: Game #30 of the season Ducks visit Jets 3:00 PM ET on 12 - 8 - 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You don't deserve anything in sports. You win or you lose. In this case lets get us a top pick
Yes hence why were towards the bottom of the standings... but watching the team you can clearly see were a top 6 forward from being a team that likely makes the playoffs.... specially when Manson comes back.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
**** this team... **** the refs...I just broke the remote. Lol
It's really hard to find any positives. Carlyle was a bad coach, but Eakins is barely an improvement as of now. We started out good with quick and exiting hockey, but have now fallen into a boring and ineffective game play and are not finding our way out of it. The whole team is just off, execution is mostly terrible.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
This team isn’t as good as I thought it was before the season. So many of our “good” forwards are just unrelentingly unproductive.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It's really hard to find any positives. Carlyle was a bad coach, but Eakins is barely an improvement as of now. We started out good with quick and exiting hockey, but have now fallen into a boring and ineffective game play and are not finding our way out of it. The whole team is just off, execution is mostly terrible.
Am I watching a different team or something?

Eakins is a huge improvement of caryle, the execution is what you would expect from a team full of rookies/young players.

Most of the games have been fairly exciting, we just need to finish more often.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This team isn’t as good as I thought it was before the season. So many of our “good” forwards are just unrelentingly unproductive.
Teams about what i expected... really wish BM would have made a move for a offensive RHD , or a top 6 winger before the season started.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Did Brian Hayward just say the Ducks are like the Jets because they both have to score by committee? Did he get high in the break between the end of the game and the postgame?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Are people still bitching about Terry? Lmao! He's been one of our best player for weeks. Bitch about steel if you're gonna bitch all he does is dump and chase while playing with our best players. He needs a wake up call.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Are people still *****ing about Terry? Lmao! He's been one of our best player for weeks. ***** about steel if you're gonna ***** all he does is dump and chase while playing with our best players. He needs a wake up call.
People are going to shit on anything at this point.... we put a lot of pressure on steel/terry/comtois/jones to perform this year and it hasn't worked out. All of em have had their moments... but overall none of them have really stepped up to the point wed need them to.

Its hard to blame any of the kids tho.. the real problem is BM not seeing the holes in the line up and fixing them. Gudbranson has been a great add, but we were still putting way too much pressure on our younug guys to make be difference makers up front.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
People are going to **** on anything at this point.... we put a lot of pressure on steel/terry/comtois/jones to perform this year and it hasn't worked out. All of em have had their moments... but overall none of them have really stepped up to the point wed need them to.

Its hard to blame any of the kids tho.. the real problem is BM not seeing the holes in the line up and fixing them. Gudbranson has been a great add, but we were still putting way too much pressure on our younug guys to make be difference makers up front.
No point in pointing at the rookies, none of our players have even our best player (Gibson) the whole team sucks.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
People are going to **** on anything at this point.... we put a lot of pressure on steel/terry/comtois/jones to perform this year and it hasn't worked out. All of em have had their moments... but overall none of them have really stepped up to the point wed need them to.

No one put pressure on this team to perform. This year everyone knew was a throw away. The only hopes was to see improvement of some kids. But that hasnt happened yet

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No point in pointing at the rookies, none of our players have even our best player (Gibson) the whole team sucks.
I actually don't think the team sucks at all... id agree last year the team sucked. This year I feel like the team is solid enough to win games... but were just lacking a little fire power.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No one put pressure on this team to perform. This year everyone knew was a throw away. The only hopes was to see improvement of some kids. But that hasnt happened yet
That's not really true at all... if this was a throw away season theres a good chance we would have moved Silf/Henrique last year. I don't think BM thinks its a throw away season, tho his words and actions contradict themselves a bit.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
This is a throw away season. It is a season to bring up the kids, get Kesler off the payroll, sign Lindholm, and get ready for expansion.

Ducks have played hard, and have been in most games, but haven’t finished well. It is much better team to watch than last year. We are not and never were a playoff team this year.

John

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

I agree with your first paragraph but not the second. I don't want Bob spending good coin plugging a hole with a hockey trade before we know what those young guys can or cannot do. This is what a transition looks like. You fill holes when you know what the rest of your team looks like, not before. Playoff teams plug holes, teams starting over again don't yet know where to prioritize and which assets should be expendable to get what you need. If he can find a cheap plug on an expiring contract that might help this season, then sure. Otherwise, you suck it up, see how the year goes and re-evaluate this summer.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Another winnable game F’d up by the Refs. Not saying they would have scored on a 6 on 4 with less than a min, but just sayin you never know. Can’t really fault the Refs on the Getz penalty, was the right call, and a bad penalty on Getz.

I don’t think anyone expected them to be in a playoffs spot now, still have have 50 plus games, and hopefully Manson is back next game. Will help the D much more, and help shutdown or at least maintain a tie to get them a point.

Terry seems to be improving each game, made some nice defensive plays and crashed the net again and picked up another assist on a huge goal.

This season is fun to watch still because of these close games, but also frustrating to watch because they have been in these games, and have looked much better but not getting wins or points. I feel they are better than this.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I agree with your first paragraph but not the second. I don't want Bob spending good coin plugging a hole with a hockey trade before we know what those young guys can or cannot do. This is what a transition looks like. You fill holes when you know what the rest of your team looks like, not before. Playoff teams plug holes, teams starting over again don't yet know where to prioritize and which assets should be expendable to get what you need. If he can find a cheap plug on an expiring contract that might help this season, then sure. Otherwise, you suck it up, see how the year goes and re-evaluate this summer.
Oh I think if we added a guy like Zucker in the offseason.... we would prob be in a decent spot right now. At this point its not worth doing anything. If the team gets hot and finds themselves back in the playoff race... maybe you consider making a move.

I guess it seems weird to buy out perry, and not really do anything with it. At that point we might as well tried to see if perry could raise his potential a bit and sell him at this deadline or next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad