Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IVX-post TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Are you confident to see Sweeny going to the 2024 UFAs summer and a Vezina caliber goalie to trade? Be ready for the ultimate 3rd liners and bottom 6 D invasion at 3mil a year...

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
No I'm not confident. Remember they have no picks either.
He better let Gryz and JDB walk. no way they should take up salary space.
JDB at 5x5mil it s a good signing one of the best forward in this serie and a really good 2 way guy...scared to see Grze back and maybe Forbort really scared

Reactions: bbfan419

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Would you do this:

McAvoy for Brady Tkachuk
Pastrnak for Matthew Tkachuk
In a heartbeat. Sign Lindholm as center and get another center for line two. I don't want to see two of the biggest chokers in Coyle and Zacha in this team going forward. Would also move H. Lindholm, was this just a terrible year or is it the start of his slide?

Reactions: bbfan419

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
In a heartbeat. Sign Lindholm as center and get another center for line two. I don't want to see two of the biggest chokers in Coyle and Zacha in this team going forward. Would also move H. Lindholm, was this just a terrible year or is it the start of his slide?
You trade McAvoy u better be ready to watch them never get pucks out of own end.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yeah sign E. Lindholm who is playing third line center at 30 years old, that is the road too take, because he will be cheap to sign, oh and he is lighting it up in the playoffs...........

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Jakes been the best foward in these elimination games. Why let someone go that performs when it matters.

You trade McAvoy u better be ready to watch them never get pucks out of own end.
Mcavoy shouldn’t be traded but I’m willing to concede he was overpaid at this point. He’s got all the natural skill and a great work ethic he’s missing the elite level hockey smarts.

Reactions: Mione134

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Jakes been the best foward in these elimination games. Why let someone go that performs when it matters.

Mcavoy shouldn’t be traded but I’m willing to concede he was overpaid at this point. He’s got all the natural skill and a great work ethic he’s missing the elite level hockey smarts.
You pay number one defenseman, Chuckie is worth every penny. Him, Carlo, Jake ,Brad and Freddy have been the best Bruins in this series

Time for others to show up tonight and make a difference

The goaltending is always great.

Who takes the opening face off for the Bruins, lose them all Coyle? Call me crazy but let Brad take it.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Ah yes. Let's not try to re-sign our best forward of the playoffs. Who has stepped up in every area of play.

He's worth 5x5. If he continues and we continue, I might even do 6.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Enjoying all this trade talk but you must remember wanting to trade players and other teams actually wanting them are very different . We have very few desirable pieces .

Reactions: capecodder

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I think if that trade of McAvoy for B. Tkachuck did happen, the Bruins would have to find a way to expand the deal to get Chychrun as well, not sure what else would go to the sens, but that would need to happen, else you don't move McAvoy.

With the year Sam Reinhart just had he would be crazy not to test free agency. I would offer him up to $10 M per, I think he would be worth it and we would have the cap room to do it. I would pay a little more for him than E. Lindholm.

• Haha
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

Babajingo

Ah yes. Let's not try to re-sign our best forward of the playoffs. Who has stepped up in every area of play.

He's worth 5x5. If he continues and we continue, I might even do 6.
Everyones fine with him not showing up for the whole regular season? I guess I just look at the potential and it pisses me off that he doesn't try for the season. Maybe he and the Bs can pull a Stone. He can have an ingrown toenail so they can put him on LTIR till the playoffs.

If they re-sign him, i guess im ok with it as long as its not for alot.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Holes to fill this summer

Marchy xxxxxx Pasta
Debrusk ( 5milx5) xxxxxx Lysell
Zacha Coyle Geekie
xxxxxx Beecher Brazeau

Lindholm McAvoy
xxxxxx Carlo
Lorhei Peeke
Wotherspoon

Sway ( 7x7mil)
Bussi

I think they need to go UFA for a top C and a top 4 D. Can they get Elias Lindholm and Zadorov to fill does holes? They re my priority

Can Poitras and or Merkulov steup up as a legit 2 C?

Can a Ullmark trade can bring a solide D or a solide C, i think they will trade him for picks and or prospects

Would like to ad a banger Like Duhaime...

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Everyones fine with him not showing up for the whole regular season? I guess I just look at the potential and it pisses me off that he doesn't try for the season. Maybe he and the Bs can pull a Stone. He can have an ingrown toenail so they can put him on LTIR till the playoffs.

If they re-sign him, i guess im ok with it as long as its not for alot.
Worked for Michael Ryder.

I'll take him showing up in the playoffs when it counts.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I think if that trade of McAvoy for B. Tkachuck did happen, the Bruins would have to find a way to expand the deal to get Chychrun as well, not sure what else would go to the sens, but that would need to happen, else you don't move McAvoy.

With the year Sam Reinhart just had he would be crazy not to test free agency. I would offer him up to $10 M per, I think he would be worth it and we would have the cap room to do it. I would pay a little more for him than E. Lindholm.
Can't see OTT spending 26 million for 3 Dmen at the expense of a heart and soul F.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Holes to fill this summer

Marchy xxxxxx Pasta
Debrusk ( 5milx5) xxxxxx Lysell
Zacha Coyle Geekie
xxxxxx Beecher Brazeau

Lindholm McAvoy
xxxxxx Carlo
Lorhei Peeke
Wotherspoon

Sway ( 7x7mil)
Bussi

I think they need to go UFA for a top C and a top 4 D. Can they get Elias Lindholm and Zadorov to fill does holes? They re my priority

Can Poitras and or Merkulov steup up as a legit 2 C?

Can a Ullmark trade can bring a solide D or a solide C, i think they will trade him for picks and or prospects

Would like to ad a banger Like Duhaime...
Not sure Marchand should be counted on for first line minutes anymore, maybe not even second.
I go back and forth on DeBrusk, to day my guess is that he is gone.
Lysell never even got a sniff at the big time this year, let alone count on him for second line minutes
Is Poitras durable enough ? Merkolov showed nothing when he had a shot.
Duhaime would be interesting, or a clone.
Zadorov and E.Lindholm will be pricey, and I know what everyone wants from Lindholm, but not what I consider a 1st line center, and the Canucks don't either.
The defense I am a bit confused, I have called a d-man all season, and still believe it is a must, but not sure on the add at this time.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
I think we need a guy with a voice in the room. If they somehow could swing for Marchassault or Stamkos I'd go for one of them. In an ideal world Coyle gets back at 3C and Zacha is on wing again .

Reactions: Fenian24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad