Pre-Game Talk: Game 3: Tuesday May 6th 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The great thing about this rivalry is that no matter how much we break down the series, you can throw everything out the window when the puck is dropped.

Theoretically, the bruins should win this series with relative ease. Although pratically speaking, we know not to discount the unexpected

Actually, best of 7 is what should be expected. Bruins are a stacked team, but their unbreakable defense(Rask is part of it) goes to **** against us and we manage to weasel out wins against them despite their superior possession ability and forward depth.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Actually, best of 7 is what should be expected. Bruins are a stacked team, but their unbreakable defense(Rask is part of it) goes to **** against us and we manage to weasel out wins against them despite their superior possession ability and forward depth.

Weasel is such a negative connotation. It makes me think of the habs "marchanding" their way to victory.

Their win is attributed to the outstanding goaltending from price, and winning the special teams battle.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
You flip a coin 4 times and have 3 heads and 1 tails. Does heads have the momentum? Should heads be expected to win the next toss?

If you don't know what sample size is, don't even bother commenting on stats. :shakehead

Nobody ever said that stats should predict the outcome of one play, or even one game, or heck, even one best of 7. That is not what stats are for.

I know what sample size is.

Its nice to see stats guys admit that hockey stats are no better than flipping a coin.;)

Habs scored more goals than the Bruins.

Post of the year.:D

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Lucic witnessing Bell Centre playoff intro for first time tomorrow. Not sure he's ready for the magic of fire yet...

GratefulNegligibleBudgie.gif

Last edited:

Shawarma*

Lucic witnessing Bell Centre playoff intro for first time tomorrow. Not sure he's ready for the magic of fire yet...

GratefulNegligibleBudgie.gif

He's a great player but he has reached almost cartoonish levels of meatheadedness. Sometimes I just shake my head and wonder if it's all a piece of performance art.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Didn't read any news since Saturday, so I just got to read Julien's comments and also some of Marchand's. What a team of whiners! Oh. My. God. Even when they win they find something to whine about. How can anybody be a fan of this team baffles me. :laugh:

Shawarma*

Didn't read any news since Saturday, so I just got to read Julien's comments and also some of Marchand's. What a team of whiners! Oh. My. God. Even when they win they find something to whine about. How can anybody be a fan of this team baffles me. :laugh:

Marchand is a world class clown, who will continue to make ridiculous comments on a regular basis. He is an irredeemable moron and no one should hop to hear anything resembling sense come from his mouth.

I think Claude is mostly just trying to copy the strategies he sees other head coaches attempt but can't pull it off with any smoothness because he generally speaks like he's been lobotomized. I've never thought Claude was that bad.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Julien is such a whiner. I've never heard of a coach who complains more than he does. Whenever I am unfortunate enough to catch one of his pressers, all it is complaining. Your team plays a clutch and grab kind of game. Don't ***** and whine when you get called for penalties because of it.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Julien and company are self-unaware meatheads. Keep on whining, you losers. How many times have they cried to the media after meeting the Canadiens (or any other teams for that matter) in the past years? All that while being one of the most diving and cheap teams in the league.

The IQ in that locker room, holy ****.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Julien and company are self-unaware meatheads. Keep on whining, you losers. How many times have they cried to the media after meeting the Canadiens (or any other teams for that matter) in the past years? All that while being one of the most diving and cheap teams in the league.

The IQ in that locker room, holy ****.

Drinking game for game three.

Drink after:

1/Bruins instigate between whistle scrums (basically guarantees you'll be loaded by 2nd period).

2/Bruin whines on way to penalty box.

3/Bruin Dives (Chug for Chara dive)

4/Camera Catches Julien making frustrated gestures towards ref. (If 1 doesn't get you bombed this will have you puking by period 3).

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Out with flu....but i think he'll be there.
With Prust out...apparently, Therrien will go with:

Pacioretty-DD-Vanek
Bourque-Plekanec-Gallagher
Briere/Bournival?-Eller-Gionta
Moen-White-Weise

And successfully break all 3 lines that allowed us to score goals in these PO.
But kept intact the ONE line that can't score at 5 on 5.

Hope GT is wrong....

UH: Bournival? Youth and speed when we desperately need it? If Bourque is OK, he stays on the Eller line, and Bourni plays with Pleks and Gally. And Briere sits.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Drinking game for game three.

Drink after:

1/Bruins instigate between whistle scrums (basically guarantees you'll be loaded by 2nd period).

2/Bruin whines on way to penalty box.

3/Bruin Dives (Chug for Chara dive)

4/Camera Catches Julien making frustrated gestures towards ref. (If 1 doesn't get you bombed this will have you puking by period 3).

I care about my life. No thank you, sir.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's not a rant and I don't really have to do anything, your posts do the job themselves pretty good.

Here's what you're trying to show:
Thornton leaves-Bruins not doing much-Returns-Tells the guys ''Hey, we need to score!''-Bourque blows the coverage at the point (something we've been consistently doing since game 1 btw)- Boston scores.
Moral of the story? It's all thanks to Thornton.

Boston gets pumped up a bit more, 4min later (they had 2 shots over those 4 min), Bergeron shoots a knucklepuck, deflects off the ice, and possibly even on Bouillon, deviates its original trajectory, goes in.
Again, Thanks to freaking Thornton!

You are so completely right buddy, the momentum change happened due to Thornton's return. Julien has no reason to lie about this and I don't understand your insistence on not believing him. Why would he choose to lie about the fact his troop rallied upon the return of Thornton? Why would he not say that Thornton came back and as an important leader and player, the guys responded to it? Why? As you said, of all the teams to actually get rallied by an enforcer, the Bruins would be the first, so why would their coach say no?
Meanwhile you have the guy that gets paid sitting between benches to fill up air time with comments and you think his opinion is somehow more reliable??

As I said, the Bruins were going nowhere, we had them where we wanted. We blew coverage on their goal after pretty much shutting them out, 4min later they get a lucky bounce. Hey, go ahead man, think that Thornton coming back somehow made Bergeron realize he needed to step up his game and put one in. Sure. :facepalm:

Ha Ha Ha
Do you always challenge the most logical posts in such an illogical fashion.
There are no momentum swings in sports folks.
Coaches don't bother addressing your player between periods.
Guys don't bother saying "i'm getting the next one".
In the history of this sport momemtum swings have been discussed and pinpointed on many occasions.
They are often the most banal events.
If you are not wiiling concede that Scott Thornton's return to a game, in the Garden, could rile a crowd, his team, and impact play. I suggest you take up Baseball it is a much slower sport you might be able to
catch the nuances of the game. You then proceed to disparage the reporter on the scene. Yeah McGuire made it up because he had no material for The Mike Richards Show. Finally swallowing Julien's schtick hook line and sinker.
Okay Then :amazed:

Oct 22, 2012
I'm pumped!

Stop dwelling on the past, we are fortunate to have come out of Boston with one game. Now its a best of 5 with habs having home ice advantage. We can win this series. Playoffs are about being opportunistic. Look at penguins and kings last night.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Game 3: Win
Game 4: Win
Game 5: Loss
Game 6: Win

I'd give anything to see the Habs eliminate the Bruins, at home. Take my bow. My axe. Both my cojones. Just win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad