Pre-Game Talk: Game 3: Tuesday May 6th 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Time for Pacioretty to return from his nap. We need everybody going 100%. Cant afford to have any floaters.

Oh yeah, and how about holding on to a lead for once. Blowing third period leads are starting to become a regular occurance. We cant have that. Bouillon and Prust need to be pressbox bound, they just havent been good enough.

siriushab

Aug 13, 2013
Burlington, Ontario
I'd like to see 7D so Murray and Tinordi can Add some much needed size...prust back to 4th line with Weise and just give someone on the top 3 lines a shift on the 4th. We need to tightin up on D bad.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Because the PGT is almost at 1000 replies, let's keep the discussion going.

Habs in 5, right guys?

Hmmm 3 straight might be tough. How about Habs in 6?
We should have learned some valuable lessons in Boston.
We kinda let them out of a really bad place but...
It's not about them it's about us. We need to continue to believe we can beat them.
Can someone for the love of God give me a White for dzone faceoffs,grit, and energy?
We don't need Briere with his limited ice time.
While you are at it how about giving Prusty some time off?
Moen is far more effective.
Can we please replace Cube? Bollie, Tin Man, even Murray please...
MT you need to seriously question your Dzone coverage cause there ain't any...

Yeah gonna take 6 :laugh:

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
The Bruins are entering the zone to easily and are being unmatched. The Canadiens need to force them to put the pucks in bad spots and need to pressure them more.

They have been forcing them to the perimeter but the Broons have gotten a couple of good inside shots which are bound to happen with this good team.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
What Game 2 showed is that Boston is a team that is fueled by energy and momentum.

Yes, they are talented and execute very well. They excel at creating momentum and take advantage of it. Toronto understands that all too well. And with that, the Bruins are prone to sucking hard without momentum in their favor.

I missed the game because of a wedding out of town. So I DVRed it and watched it this afternoon (sucked not checking here or NHL.com to see the score).

I thought that we had the game comfortly in hand. Thornton went out and you could see the Bruins were deflated. And SOB, when Thornton skated back on the ice, the intensity of the Bruins immediately picked up. All it took was one goal and they were on fire.

How do you stop them? The only way is for Price to be almost perfect. The game must be played on an even keel, probably like the OTs in Game One. Three goals against most teams is enough to win the game.

Good to see the Habs back home. Go Habs Go and **** the Bruins.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
What Game 2 showed is that Boston is a team that is fueled by energy and momentum.

Yes, they are talented and execute very well. They excel at creating momentum and take advantage of it. Toronto understands that all too well. And with that, the Bruins are prone to sucking hard without momentum in their favor.

I missed the game because of a wedding out of town. So I DVRed it and watched it this afternoon (sucked not checking here or NHL.com to see the score).

I thought that we had the game comfortly in hand. Thornton went out and you could see the Bruins were deflated. And SOB, when Thornton skated back on the ice, the intensity of the Bruins immediately picked up. All it took was one goal and they were on fire.

How do you stop them? The only way is for Price to be almost perfect. The game must be played on an even keel, probably like the OTs in Game One. Three goals against most teams is enough to win the game.

Excellent :handclap:
That is when you need the timeout you burnt 3 minutes in.
Deflate the inflation...

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
The Habs' should hope that every game goes into OT, where they have almost a 50% chance of winning. They've shown that they can't hold a 3rd period lead.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
The Habs' should hope that every game goes into OT, where they have almost a 50% chance of winning. They've shown that they can't hold a 3rd period lead.

There is some truth to what you are saying.

This team tends to lose intensity once we get a lead, especially a lead more than one goal.

dreamingofdrouin*

i just watched game 2 and i gotta say...we played very well...we played well in the third even...it was just a complete fluke goal by bergeron....and price hooked his skate on the post on the smith one...im not worried boys..we're going home with a tied series...we got this...price was not shaken...he continued to make solid saves even after they jumped ahead. we're good

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Didn't know where to post this but there's a thread about Subban on the Bruins board and it's very interesting to read the comments. Most of them are comparing him to Marchand (yeah, Marchand...) for his ''antics'' on the ice. They pretty much agree that he's charismatic and a good human-being in general. I still don't get, and probably never will, how can Subban be labeled as a pest with terrible attitude on the ice. He plays on the edge, like most superstars in the league, yet he really is perceived like an agitator. His ''antics'' are presumably diving, turtling and other behaviors Bruins fans are obsessed with.

Anyway, it's a great read. Really shows perfectly the culture in Boston and really I'm glad I'm not stuck in this idiocracy (some posters over there are pretty good though and acknowledge the hypocrisy going on about the ''diving'', ''turtling'' and all the whining they're famous for). This ''holier than thou'' vibe you get when reading their board is awkward.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I don't get your obsession with Thornton. You even credited the Bruins winning the cup to him. It's crazy.

Claude Julien was asked if he thought Thornton's presence gave his team some momentum in the post game interview and even he said no.

The Bruins had a bunch of chances throughout the game. In the first period, they pretty much owned us.

I have never seen a hockey game where the momentum is entirely one sided. Heck, even in the Olympics with two very uneven teams you still see the weaker team get some sustained pressure in the offensive once in a while.
In the POs? Happens in every single game and is more an even split.

Boston had nothing going in the 3rd until we blew a coverage and they scored. Then they added another lucky deflected goal.

It had jack crap to do with Thornton. And btw, every team thrives off momentum. You know teams that win displaying little energy with no momentum?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Home ice will do wonders for the DD line.
Why?

Vanek was worse on home ice than he was in Tampa.

Pacioretty has been the same for basically 6 games, with the odd flash of brilliance.

Desharnais has played good for basically 6 games, but isn't good enough to carry a 1st line.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Meh i bet the NHL will give them another 5 on 3 early and babysit the booouins again.

Habs vs the world.

xXSNJTr.gif

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
1st line needs to step up and the team needs to adjust to the trailer play Boston always uses. They get set up instantly in our zone. No way we can win if we keep letting them do that. Our centre always needs to find a way back to the d zone before the 3rd bruin attacker.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Why?

Vanek was worse on home ice than he was in Tampa.

Pacioretty has been the same for basically 6 games, with the odd flash of brilliance.

Desharnais has played good for basically 6 games, but isn't good enough to carry a 1st line.

I don't see how it could be worse. Montreal getting last change is a huge difference. Vanek away from Chara is key. It's not the tampa series. Vanek just had a 2-goal game, and while he didn't do much outside of it, coming home has to feel good for him momentum wise.

Pacioretty as well should recieve a good boost from the last change effect

I prefer to remain positive.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I said Habs in 6. They take the next two at home, lose on the road and then seal it at home. Boom.

Had Habs in 7. But I could easily see this happening.

Unlike many others, I'm not too worried about last night. The advantage is that we are coming back to Montreal. If we were headed to Boston, I'd be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad