GDT: Game #3: Sharks at Ducks, 7pm

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Like I get it. It is acceptable to lose 3 straight to start the season. But not like this. We have been outcoached, outplayed, out everything. And huge part of that is coaching staff.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Phu

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Karlsson did two things in the last 30 seconds that drove me up the wall.

He slow skated towards the dumped in puck (the ducks were pk'ing) to retrieve it. And then he fired the puck into his own net after the final horn.

Look, I know it's unrealistic that they could come back, but put some effort in. Teams have scored 2 goals in the final 30 seconds before. Hell, even 1 goal could help them swing momentum and carry something into the next game.

And maybe it's just a hockey thing but I find it so disrespectful to shoot a puck into a net after a whistle, much less your own net.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
That poor excuse for a two man advantage should get this coaching staff fired tomorrow. I don't care if it's game f***ing 3 of an 82 game season. There is absolutely no excuse for that effort tonight. NONE. This game was basically more of the same shit from last year. Oh, and when you get Anaheim to play like Vegas, you have a problem, especially with this talent.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

He slow skated towards the would be iced puck (the ducks were pk'ing) to retrieve it. And then he fired the puck into his own net after the final horn.

Look, I know it's unrealistic that they could come back, but put some effort in. Teams have scored 2 goals in the final 30 seconds before.

And maybe it's just a hockey thing but I find it so disrespectful to shoot a puck into a net after a whistle, much less your own net.

I don't think doing that is disrespectful. Its just frustration. And I prefer seeing that over nothing.

Reactions: Sandisfan

McDeez

Feb 8, 2007
San Jose
Why do other teams make it look effortless taking the puck into the zone and setting up shop. Sharks look lost every time they move it up the ice. I didn't even realize you could call it offsides when there are 5 guys waiting at the blueline. LOL. Wow.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

He slow skated towards the dumped in puck (the ducks were pk'ing) to retrieve it. And then he fired the puck into his own net after the final horn.

Look, I know it's unrealistic that they could come back, but put some effort in. Teams have scored 2 goals in the final 30 seconds before.

All of this and all of what you're talking about is frustration.

Well, Kane will return next game so that's one top six player back that should help. They're already up against the cap because of injuries. They need to move Dillon for some forward help.

Reactions: Phu

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Did Hertl forget how to play Hockey over the Summer? There was a play in the 3rd where nobody even touched him and he fell, and he was standing still at the time.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Well, Kane will return next game so that's one top six player back that should help. They're already up against the cap because of injuries. They need to move Dillon for some forward help.
At least they'll have 1 guy who will get mad in games like this. Everyone else looked like a bunch of ass-up Jerry Smith's.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018

Perhaps, but it also shows a lack of leadership. The main reason the Sharks are 0-3 is because of their star players being "frustrated", and playing terrible instead of just pulling up their bootstraps and putting in a solid effort and trying to grind it out. These guys need to work.

Reactions: Phu

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
This team has no balls.

Marbles, dude.

SilverPolishedArmedcrab-size_restricted.gif

Marbles.

Reactions: Hawkeye8 and Phu

Ad

Upcoming events