GDT: Game #3: Sharks at Ducks, 7pm

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Marbles, dude.

SilverPolishedArmedcrab-size_restricted.gif

Marbles.
Handling my 1-liners worse than this team is handling the puck.

At least the 49ers look good.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
This can’t stressed enough. It’s not systems. It’s not the coaching. Our leaders are still on vacation.

I 100% agree.

Most of the big guys aren't even putting in an effort. They're just moping. They have to grind it out, and they just aren't doing it.

0/14 on the PP, and there's a huge hole in leadership on this roster. It's almost as if they waived goodbye to their heart and soul who was their best PP performer in the offseason.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
This is basically the Miami Dolphins version of hockey except we have no picks for the draft.. This is some borderline historic levels of garbage play.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Perhaps, but it also shows a lack of leadership. The main reason the Sharks are 0-3 is because of their star players being "frustrated", and playing terrible instead of just pulling up their bootstraps and putting in a solid effort and trying to grind it out. These guys need to work.

Apparently, it’s about the systems and coaching.
I’m going to go buy a bridge.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Perhaps, but it also shows a lack of leadership. The main reason the Sharks are 0-3 is because of their star players being "frustrated", and playing terrible instead of just pulling up their bootstraps and putting in a solid effort and trying to grind it out. These guys need to work.
Need to work on what? I don't see there being a noticeable lack of effort from our stars. Yeah, they don't go around hitting anything that moves but that is the style we have played as long as I remember. I know they have not produced points but I don't that is effort related.

The work that needs to be done in practice should be focused on what to excecute. Being 0/13 on the PP can mean either there system sucks or we have terrible bad luck. And if you have seen the games and chances we have generated, it is little to do with luck. The problems are system specific.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

Great, another opening-night loss to the Ducks. At least we have a SNOG this time!

Calling another loss. We havent been good

SNOG
ducks 3-1
Rakell,Kase,Steel
Yurtakin

Sharks 1
Any beer league team 3

Assuming I'm checking the records properly, congrats on your first career SNOGs themelkman and LeeIFBB!

SNOG 2019-10-05 themelkman LeeIFBB.jpg

#Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 2 at Golden KnightsnoneVGK 4-1
2Oct. 4 vs Golden KnightsnoneVGK 5-1
3Oct. 5 at Ducksthemelkman, LeeIFBBDucks 3-1
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank
2019-20 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
1.LeeIFBB, themelkman1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
And maybe it's just a hockey thing but I find it so disrespectful to shoot a puck into a net after a whistle, much less your own net.

No one that plays hockey thinks that... Guys do it all the time in frustration especially after giving up a goal.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Hasso Plattner just spent nearly $100 million on EK65. I bet he’ll be able to convince DW to change his stripes
I hope so buddy :/

Im gonna try to limit my bitching and hold out hope til mid November but these guys couldn't beat a beer league team right now.

Reactions: WSS11

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
SNOG announcement

Great, another opening-night loss to the Ducks. At least we have a SNOG this time!

Assuming I'm checking the records properly, congrats on your first career SNOGs themelkman and LeeIFBB!

View attachment 261317

#Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 2 at Golden KnightsnoneVGK 4-1
2Oct. 4 vs Golden KnightsnoneVGK 5-1
3Oct. 5 at Ducksthemelkman, LeeIFBBDucks 3-1
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank
2019-20 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
1.LeeIFBB, themelkman1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Very fitting my first one comes on a terrible game like this

Reactions: Sandisfan

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
In RW's 1st full season, the Sharks were bad to start the season. A game in Carolina where they lost 3-0 but got in like 100 fights was the turning point in that season. Their record from thay day on has to be similar to when they acquired Thornton a couple years later.

Sometimes they need to just get the frustration out then the hard work and details will follow. Tonight would have been a good night to do that, especially with being off until Tuesday.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
DeBoer throwing Dell under the bus is irritating. He even throws out the fact that "we're barely getting a goal a night" and turns that right back on Dell for giving up the first goal. How about you fix the first half of that sentence, dude? The one you're in charge of?

Reactions: Coily and Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I disagree. They're 0-3 because they have a bunch of inexperienced players in their lineup learning how to play at the NHL level while having the same system that has the same problems only exacerbated by inexperience and a lack of scoring to make up for the defensive problems. Over half of their forward group has an argument for not belonging in the NHL. Brodzinski had a couple good shifts but is still borderline as an NHL'er. Radil is a borderline NHL'er. Yurtaykin is a borderline NHL'er. Bergmann is a borderline NHL'er. Goodrow is not a good NHL'er. Labanc played like he didn't belong in the NHL and has been pretty bad at evens his whole career. Karlsson is inept at scoring for a forward. Thornton doesn't look like an NHL'er anymore as he is slowly getting back into things. This team isn't good, isn't playing good even for their skill level, and isn't coached well either.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
It's nice that he's actually effective. I was worried that he might just be a guy who looks good on the ice but the underlying numbers have been solid as well.

After 3 games, Ferraro leads the team in rel CF% and rel xGF%.

I think he has legitimately been the team’s best player so far this season.

Reactions: Jargon

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
After 3 games, Ferraro leads the team in rel CF% and rel xGF%.

I think he has legitimately been the team’s best player so far this season.
He seems like a pretty unique player too. The type of aggression he plays with combined with the motor he has is usually something limited to a good bottom 6 grinder like Scott Nichols. It's pretty fun to watch.

Trocity

Nov 24, 2016
Why do other teams make it look effortless taking the puck into the zone and setting up shop. Sharks look lost every time they move it up the ice. I didn't even realize you could call it offsides when there are 5 guys waiting at the blueline. LOL. Wow.

Honestly, the Sharks have looked like this for the past few years. It boggles my mind how easily other teams walk into the zone and get their offensive play going, while the Sharks can never seem to set up particularly well.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I disagree. They're 0-3 because they have a bunch of inexperienced players in their lineup learning how to play at the NHL level while having the same system that has the same problems only exacerbated by inexperience and a lack of scoring to make up for the defensive problems. Over half of their forward group has an argument for not belonging in the NHL. Brodzinski had a couple good shifts but is still borderline as an NHL'er. Radil is a borderline NHL'er. Yurtaykin is a borderline NHL'er. Bergmann is a borderline NHL'er. Goodrow is not a good NHL'er. Labanc played like he didn't belong in the NHL and has been pretty bad at evens his whole career. Karlsson is inept at scoring for a forward. Thornton doesn't look like an NHL'er anymore as he is slowly getting back into things. This team isn't good, isn't playing good even for their skill level, and isn't coached well either.

I've liked pretty much all of those players performances. The rookies have been solid. And Goodrow and Karlsson have been very good on the PK. The only thing I don't like with Goodrow is his faceoffs on the PK. He's been bad. Every other performance I can live with. It's the stars that have been bad, and I agree with you about Labanc. He's one player that needed to step up and he's looked bad, especially at even strength. He's one of those players I really think the team was counting on to take the next step.

We'll have to see what happens next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad